E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2011 N55 ready to mod, but have some questions please.

01-13-2018, 04:10 PM   #23
Turbod
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E84 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
JB, your car is going to fly. Get the inlet pipe and the diverter valve that Pure offers when ordering the PS2. There now is an outlet pipe for between the turbo and the FMIC. For these three parts the install cost is free as everything will be apart during the turbo and FMIC installs. Do them now and save time or labor charges later. Also, you'll soon come to a roadblock. As you turn up the boost you'll come to the realization that you need more fuel flow. A stage 2 LPFP will resolve that.
I have seen evidence that a LPFP upgrade will do nothing without throttle body or port injection. The HPFP crashes at about the same point the LPFP does on the early E series pumps. He will first be octane limited, then run into not enough fuel. I ran the PS2 up to 25 psi flat, 23 psi at redline on methanol and E20 without a fuel system crash.
2020 F97 X3M | 11.0@123
2023 G80 M3 xDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #24
Ozzie335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
I have seen evidence that a LPFP upgrade will do nothing without throttle body or port injection. The HPFP crashes at about the same point the LPFP does on the early E series pumps. He will first be octane limited, then run into not enough fuel. I ran the PS2 up to 25 psi flat, 23 psi at redline on methanol and E20 without a fuel system crash.
Agreed. As he seems to have deep pockets, see what he is buying in one shot, he'll surely be going with PI. Going with an MFactory LSD instead of Quaife he'll have the cash to go there.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 09:55 PM   #25
Johnny_Bravo
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbod View Post
If there are gains it isn't worth the price. If you're going to shop for a catback make sure you find sound clips with an aftermarket downpipe. They are primarily for a sound change.
Thanks man, the shop that's going to be working on my car, showed me the plug to undo which makes the car open up a bit. I did that and then looked at a couple of vids online with a catless midpipe, and I love the way it sounds.

I'm so glad I saw this as I was getting ready to blow a bunch of money on something I didn't need to. Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie335i View Post
JB, your car is going to fly. Get the inlet pipe and the diverter valve that Pure offers when ordering the PS2. There now is an outlet pipe for between the turbo and the FMIC. For these three parts the install cost is free as everything will be apart during the turbo and FMIC installs. Do them now and save time or labor charges later. Also, you'll soon come to a roadblock. As you turn up the boost you'll come to the realization that you need more fuel flow. A stage 2 LPFP will resolve that.
Thanks so much, my dad taught me when we first started working on Hot Rods as a small kid to do a project right the first time or don't do it at all. This is great info.

Forgive the ignorance, what about a blow off valve? I see some companies have the option on their charge pipes for the blow off valve? I really love the sound they make as the cars letting off boost, but I know back when I was racing the NHRA Sport Compact Series, all the Euro guys were saying their ECU's weren't happy not knowing where all that boost was going.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 09:17 AM   #26
weehe126
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

N55 doesn't have the standard DV/BOV. It's attached to the turbo and is DV only. Go Fast Bits makes an upgraded DV.
Appreciate 0