E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > World Cup '22 Qatar Draw Results



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2022, 04:22 PM   #89
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
2318
Rep
3,536
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
No penalty was called
I don't know about that, even Official Fifa Site calls it penalties.

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/mat...tionEntryId=17
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2022, 05:14 PM   #90
happyjack
Captain
happyjack's Avatar
United_States
1529
Rep
905
Posts

Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: old line state

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
Morocco played like a buch of scared little girls. The whole team was literally in defense, the whoel game. C'mon.

Penalty shootout is the worst outcome you can have in soccer.
i cannot hate on a team that adopts a strategy to win that's within the rules. i may not like the style of play, but morocco played a game to win by neutralizing spain's prodigious depth of talent...and it worked. and spain didnt have an answer for it. them's the breaks.

if fifa doesnt like that style of play, then they should change some rules.

as an example, you may or may not follow major league baseball, but they have recently changed a rule on the placement of defensive players in the infield to prevent the infield defensive shift that has had a pretty big impact on offensive production.
__________________

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 2
Wolf 3352318.00
      12-07-2022, 09:22 AM   #91
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
16576
Rep
9,308
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
I don't know about that, even Official Fifa Site calls it penalties.

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/mat...tionEntryId=17
Who was the penalty called on? Which fouled player? 5 times in a row? By each team??


This is akin to asking for a Band-Aid, not a bandage. . . the colloquial use of "penalties" for shots from the mark just drives this former ref insane
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 12:51 PM   #92
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Wolf 335's Avatar
Canada
2318
Rep
3,536
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GTA - Greater Toronto Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Who was the penalty called on? Which fouled player? 5 times in a row? By each team??


This is akin to asking for a Band-Aid, not a bandage. . . the colloquial use of "penalties" for shots from the mark just drives this former ref insane
I understand your point. I think the term penalty shootout is derived from penalty mark that you speak of.

This may be worth brigning to Fifa's attention since they are misslabeling it as well.

I guess the correct terminology should be penalty mark shootout.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #93
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
16576
Rep
9,308
Posts

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
I understand your point. I think the term penalty shootout is derived from penalty mark that you speak of.

This may be worth brigning to Fifa's attention since they are misslabeling it as well.

I guess the correct terminology should be penalty mark shootout.
From the FIFA 2021/22 rulebook, page 87:
3. Kicks from the penalty mark
Kicks from the penalty mark are taken after the match has ended and unless
otherwise stated, the relevant Laws of the Game apply.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 1
Wolf 3352318.00
      12-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #94
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Croatia is playing amazing. Brazil better wake up in the 2nd half.
It`s like my Italian friend says "The ball is round"
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8532.50
      12-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #95
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
8533
Rep
7,834
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino GT View Post
Croatia is playing amazing. Brazil better wake up in the 2nd half.
It`s like my Italian friend says "The ball is round"
And like Johan(RIP) stated in typical Amsterdam accent: Ieder nadeel hep(sic) z'n voordeel...


Already excited for tonight.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 2
Dino GT35053.00
M5Rick45453.50
      12-09-2022, 10:57 AM   #96
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
And like Johan(RIP) stated in typical Amsterdam accent: Ieder nadeel hep(sic) z'n voordeel...


Already excited for tonight.

Cheers
Robin
This is best I`ve seen Croatia play in a long time....Very good game so far.
Dominik Livakovic

Good luck tonight
Appreciate 1
M5Rick45453.50
      12-09-2022, 11:09 AM   #97
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
45454
Rep
15,220
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Ooh Ahh Cro-a-tia
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 11:13 AM   #98
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
45454
Rep
15,220
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Oh YES !

Last edited by M5Rick; 12-09-2022 at 11:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 11:48 AM   #99
AlpineBoost
Captain
AlpineBoost's Avatar
1672
Rep
703
Posts

Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: May 2015
Location: GA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Oh Brazil
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #100
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Wow

Congrats Croatia!! They deserved to win.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 11:56 AM   #101
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
45454
Rep
15,220
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Croatia had the magic touch in the penalty shootout, Brazil were too nervous,tatoo emblazoned Neymar sitting and crying.
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35053.00
      12-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #102
lens
Colonel
lens's Avatar
1767
Rep
2,492
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

iTrader: (5)

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Argentina or Netherlands, I don't care who wins, but y'all better knock out Croatia next game
__________________
Bootmod3, XHP, BM3 Flexfuel Kit
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 12:41 PM   #103
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Croatia had the magic touch in the penalty shootout, Brazil were too nervous,tatoo emblazoned Neymar sitting and crying.
Dominik Livakovic, the hero again
Got it gives to Croatia, they played amazing. I think Brazil underestimated them. Brazil didn`t look motivated enough to face Croatia.
Oh well, c`mon Portugal
Appreciate 1
M5Rick45453.50
      12-09-2022, 12:53 PM   #104
ASAP
Major General
ASAP's Avatar
7845
Rep
7,478
Posts

Drives: '23 X3 M40i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Brazil got massively humbled... what an ending...

Hopefully Argentina gets humbled next.
__________________
2 x N54 -> 1 x N55 -> 1 x S55-> 1 x B58
Appreciate 2
happyjack1529.00
M5Rick45453.50
      12-09-2022, 01:05 PM   #105
lvevo
Private First Class
65
Rep
152
Posts

Drives: Evo 9, Focus RS
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: IE, CA

iTrader: (0)

Argentina (Messi) vs Portugal (Ronaldo) for 3rd place?
__________________
Passively looking for a F80 M3 Competition & Executive w/ manual trans in all colors but black. Prefer 2018 and Carbon Cloth seats.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #106
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
45454
Rep
15,220
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino GT View Post
Dominik Livakovic, the hero again
Got it gives to Croatia, they played amazing. I think Brazil underestimated them. Brazil didn`t look motivated enough to face Croatia.
Oh well, c`mon Portugal
I agree, Neymar and co relaxed too much after his goal and thought they could surf that 1-0 score to the end but that's when Croatia turned up the wick and of course into overdrive on the penalty shootout.
Appreciate 3
Dino GT35053.00
ASAP7845.00
      12-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #107
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I agree, Neymar and co relaxed too much after his goal and thought they could surf that 1-0 score to the end but that's when Croatia turned up the wick and of course into overdrive on the penalty shootout.
Yeah, you`re right. Croatia came to play 90, 120, whatever minutes it took to win the game. Brazil (the way they played) came prepared for a 90 minutes walk in the park kind of game
You control the ball, you control the game, and Brazil never had control of the game from the start.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick45453.50
      12-09-2022, 01:38 PM   #108
tranquility
sportscars only
tranquility's Avatar
Canada
2485
Rep
2,943
Posts

Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montréal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Brazil got massively humbled... what an ending...
Ya, I didn't care who won that match but Brazil was super-cocky vs the Swiss, kinda ridiculous, so I guess I'm glad the Croats won.

Don't really care who wins in the other matches, just wanna see fair play.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 01:50 PM   #109
Dino GT
Enlisted Member
35053
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Eastern

iTrader: (0)

Netherlands vs Argentina.....The ref. is yellow card happy . Soon he`s going to give one to one of the linesman
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2022, 02:17 PM   #110
M5Rick
Lieutenant General
M5Rick's Avatar
45454
Rep
15,220
Posts

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino GT View Post
Yeah, you`re right. Croatia came to play 90, 120, whatever minutes it took to win the game. Brazil (the way they played) came prepared for a 90 minutes walk in the park kind of game
You control the ball, you control the game, and Brazil never had control of the game from the start.
I guess that about sums it up, in the end Brazil the hunter became the hunted.
Appreciate 1
Dino GT35053.00
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST