E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Android Multimedia Screen (AVIN) harness diagram (AUX audio)

12-24-2022, 04:34 AM   #1
mikel-
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i Convertible

Android Multimedia Screen (AVIN) harness diagram (AUX audio)

Hi,

Does anybody have a wiring diagram for AVIN (or similar) Android 11 Multimedia Screen E90 CIC harness or maybe picture of the harness with its connectors ?

I am interested in audio connectors.
I have E93 with CIC and Combox and my AUX port is in the armrest. I think AUX is routed to Combox in the trunk, not to CIC. I am planning to buy AVIN device and I don't want to connect its audio output to the AUX in the armrest. I prefer to connect it to AUX input in the back of CIC. I can do the coding to enable that AUX port in CIC, but I am not sure if the harness provided by AVIN includes a connector that is wired to CIC AUX input pin. I know these harnesses typically have 3.5mm female connector for the Android audio output. It would make sense if they also provided a 3.5mm connector for CIC AUX input. Then I would just connect them together.

I see some additional AUX CIC cable available on AVIN website. It has 3.5mm female on one side and square connector on the other side. But I am not sure if this cable is needed when using AVIN HU harness. The Quadlock on the harness probably blocks access to all the pins and there is no way to connect this additional AUX cable...
https://avinusa.com/aux-auxiliary-au...mwauxcbl1.html
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 09:16 AM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

I believe your plan won't work you can't have two Aux's enabled at
the same time.

You should also consult the idrive sub forum on this.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 08:05 PM   #3
mikel-
Registered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
I believe your plan won't work you can't have two Aux's enabled at
the same time.

You should also consult the idrive sub forum on this.
I have seen some references and photos of the screen with 2 different AUX options available. Even if it doesn't work, I can try enabling only one AUX - the one in the back of CIC.
Coding is something that does not require additional parts and soldering. I can research more and play with it any time.
I can always go back to the original plan when Android connects to the armrest AUX with long cable.

I just want to get all the necessary hardware parts in advance to avoide having the car disassembled for long time.
It should be easy to figure out the connectors and necessary additional parts after I receive AVIN unit, but it means more time before installation.
AVIN support is somewhat helpful, but it looks like their technical knowledge is limited and it is also holiday time.
I am ordering the unit and additional AUX cable/adapter for $6 anyway. It would be great if they had diagrams, photos and install videos on their support website, but it is not the case.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2022, 07:15 AM   #4
mikel-
Registered
United_States
Rep

I coded these two CIC options

option: CDMM_AUX_HU
new value: aktiv

option: RSE_3 (Rear Seat Entertainment)
new value: rse_mid_rueko (RSE enabled + infrared headphones)

and I have 2 functioning AUX inputs now - AUX Front and AUX Rear.

The rear one is just pins in the back of CIC quadlock connector.
AVIN harness has a 3.5mm male jack that is wired to these AUX pins.
The harness also has a 3.5mm female AUX Out connector (Android audio out).
I can just connect these two together and the audio from Android gets routed to the CIC rear AUX input. Perfect!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-02-2023, 05:08 AM   #5
Asonchadwick
Sleepy
Rep
Drives: bmw

Someone needs to try this

https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/pr...il/id/808.html
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2023, 10:54 AM   #6
ACJBMWPVD
Rep
Drives: E90, e91 wN54-450hp 6MT, F31

Why did you need to enable the Rear AUX? I just purchased the AVIN HU myself and I dont want to use the 3.5m extension either. I see the AVIN quad lock has the 3.5mm already spliced like you found too. Does the Rear AUX option enable pins D2, 7, and 8 on the quad lock?
Appreciate 0