E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54 Intense Engine Rattle

03-16-2024, 11:19 AM   #1
mattlal
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

N54 Intense Engine Rattle

So yesterday I noticed my car starting making this rattling noise when I startup the car and doesn't stop until I close the car. When I first bought the car I had a wastegate rattle, but this is 10x more intense. The rattle comes from the injector side of the engine near the 3rd or 4th one.

I know it's not alot of info, but the rattle looks distinctive from all the other noises that could happen in that engine bay.

Also when I was looking from where it was coming today, I noticed a little knocking sound coming from near the thottle body after 2-3 minutes of idling.

I have no check engine light and the only thing I recently changed was the intercooler and tuned it mhd stage 1+ after that.

I'll put a link for the videos.

Thanks for the help and sorry if I'm not clear enough, I'll go to my garage soon enough to get a professional opinion. Have a great day!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...T6?usp=sharing
Appreciate 0