E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > ISTA/P error "Unknown integration level detected"

08-10-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT AW M2

ISTA/P error "Unknown integration level detected"

Hi Guys-

Question about an error in ISTA/P. I'm currently using the BMW Coding VM from here and it connects fine. INPA works great. I need to code a DSC unit from a donor car and have been playing around with ISTA/P. Seems like it would work fine for what I need.

I originally used NCSExpert and WinKFP to code it for the car and update the VIN. This was on another PC. I still have dash lights though, and that's why I'm trying to use ISTA/P. Saw another thread somewhere where WinKFP couldn't re-set it and ISTA/P was the solution.

So when I create a new session and tell it I've replaced a module, it does it's thing for 5 minutes and reads the car fine. Then it comes back with an error "The connected vehicle has an unknown data status (E89X-07-03-510, E89X-15-11-500). This cannot be handled with ISTA/P. Ensure that the current version of ISTA/P has been loaded or contact Technical support." Click OK on that and get "A fault occurred in the process. 94030 Setpoint context determination failed."

The car was programmed recently for an ECU swap and apparently that version of ISTA was newer than my 3.56.1.002. I updated DATEN to v60.1 thinking that was it but no change.

Is there an easy way to update ISTA/P to v3.58 or better or do I need to try to download the huge file? If that's what I need, can someone shoot me a PM? TIA.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 04:46 PM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
Hi Guys-

Question about an error in ISTA/P. I'm currently using the BMW Coding VM from here and it connects fine. INPA works great. I need to code a DSC unit from a donor car and have been playing around with ISTA/P. Seems like it would work fine for what I need.

I originally used NCSExpert and WinKFP to code it for the car and update the VIN. This was on another PC. I still have dash lights though, and that's why I'm trying to use ISTA/P. Saw another thread somewhere where WinKFP couldn't re-set it and ISTA/P was the solution.

So when I create a new session and tell it I've replaced a module, it does it's thing for 5 minutes and reads the car fine. Then it comes back with an error "The connected vehicle has an unknown data status (E89X-07-03-510, E89X-15-11-500). This cannot be handled with ISTA/P. Ensure that the current version of ISTA/P has been loaded or contact Technical support." Click OK on that and get "A fault occurred in the process. 94030 Setpoint context determination failed."

The car was programmed recently for an ECU swap and apparently that version of ISTA was newer than my 3.56.1.002. I updated DATEN to v60.1 thinking that was it but no change.

Is there an easy way to update ISTA/P to v3.58 or better or do I need to try to download the huge file? If that's what I need, can someone shoot me a PM? TIA.
You can't update ISTA manually with ease.

Download an updated release is probably the easier way to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #3
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
You can't update ISTA manually with ease.

Download an updated release is probably the easier way to go.
OK thanks. How do you get the link for a download? Can someone hook me up?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #4
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Did you calibrate the DSC module after updating with winkfp?
So I hadn't. To be honest I saw the post about this being easy in ISTA/D and got sidetracked, eventually focusing on ISTA/P. Shiny things. And I've been working on this in my spare time and I guess losing some focus along the way.

So here's what I've done on this before today:

Replaced DSC ECU. I kept the valve unit.
Bled brakes using INPA
Used WinKFP and NCSExpert to flash and code. or code and flash. I get them mixed up.

Today I:
ran the steering angle calibration in ISTA+
ran the DSC calibration in ISTA+

...and I'm almost there. The lights are all gone expect for the "BRAKE" light in yellow and I have a 5E34 Longitudinal acceleration sensor. I've googled it and I'm not really clear. ISTA tells me to replace the control unit if fault is permanent or has occurred multiple times. I don;t want to do that.

So thanks BimmerGeeks for the nudge. Does anyone else have any ideas on the 5E34 error?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 09:47 PM   #5
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerGeeks View Post
Send me your TeamViewer info & I'll help you out.
thanks for the offer BimmerGeeks! Shot you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 07:28 AM   #6
Pete.J
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 DCT (F82)

Garage List
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantComplain View Post
The lights are all gone expect for the "BRAKE" light in yellow and I have a 5E34 Longitudinal acceleration sensor. I've googled it and I'm not really clear. ISTA tells me to replace the control unit if fault is permanent or has occurred multiple times. I don;t want to do that.

So thanks for the nudge. Does anyone else have any ideas on the 5E34 error?
Did you ever manage to fix the 5E34 error? I am dealing with right now, same scenario, I put in a used DSC module and coded it, all lights are gone except for the yellow brake light, and the only error I have is 5E34 - Longitudinal acceleration sensor
      02-09-2019, 09:31 AM   #7
CantComplain
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Never dealt with it. But I came up with a theory about it. And your experience supports it. We both swapped out the DSC ECU, and I think we have a slightly newer one in there and the ECU is seeing something it can’t handle or is not seeing something it expects to see, and it throws the error. Since it’s effectively cosmetic, I’ve not focused on it. The ABS and brakes are fully functional. My plan to “work Fix” it was to replace with the correct ECU, it just hasn’t been a priority for me.

If you find a coding solution PLEASE let me know via PM or update here. Thanks and good luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 10:31 AM   #8
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Is this car an x drive or non x drive .
A little while ago it came up here that you have to use
a dxc rather than a dsc selection for x drive.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showt...&highlight=DXc

Last edited by ctuna; 02-09-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 0