E90Post
 


Extreme Powerhouse
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Public XDF Repository



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #45
techlogik
Major
45
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

Any IKB0S support coming?
__________________
Current: 2011 335is Alpine White, Loaded. Broadway Static 500S 10/14k Coilovers, Helix Stepped IC, VRSF Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2016, 09:24 PM   #46
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by techlogik View Post
Any IKB0S support coming?
No, it's an old rom version. Upgrade to IKM0S.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2016, 11:19 AM   #47
techlogik
Major
45
Rep
1,460
Posts

Drives: 2011 335is Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL

iTrader: (2)

^Roger that. Will backup that one first though before flashing/upgrading.

Thx
__________________
Current: 2011 335is Alpine White, Loaded. Broadway Static 500S 10/14k Coilovers, Helix Stepped IC, VRSF Charge Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #48
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
318
Rep
1,501
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E93 & 2012 135i E82
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
No, it's an old rom version. Upgrade to IKM0S.
How does one upgrade their ROM version? Is that a dealer only thing? I'm on IA80S but don't know if there is any reason to upgrade or not. thx.
__________________
Best,
Andy

'12 135i E82 - Stoptech Brakes, KW Coilovers, Wagner FMIC, ERCP, BMS Intake, Mason Strut Bar, Wedge MHD Tune //2008 335i E93 - HPF FMIC, ERCP, c-PE DPs, Wedge MHD Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 12:40 PM   #49
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
How does one upgrade their ROM version? Is that a dealer only thing? I'm on IA80S but don't know if there is any reason to upgrade or not. thx.
I8A0S is the latest ROM version for MSD80. The MSD81 supports IJE0S for most cars and IKM0S on the 1M, and INA0S for 335is and Z4's. The only way you'll be able to run IJE0S is to replace the DME to an MSD81. I have an MSD81 in my '07.
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2016, 08:20 PM   #50
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
318
Rep
1,501
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E93 & 2012 135i E82
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
I8A0S is the latest ROM version for MSD80. The MSD81 supports IJE0S for most cars and IKM0S on the 1M, and INA0S for 335is and Z4's. The only way you'll be able to run IJE0S is to replace the DME to an MSD81. I have an MSD81 in my '07.
Mines an 08...did you backfit? And , if so, what was the driver to do so?
__________________
Best,
Andy

'12 135i E82 - Stoptech Brakes, KW Coilovers, Wagner FMIC, ERCP, BMS Intake, Mason Strut Bar, Wedge MHD Tune //2008 335i E93 - HPF FMIC, ERCP, c-PE DPs, Wedge MHD Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 11:26 PM   #51
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
Mines an 08...did you backfit? And , if so, what was the driver to do so?
I purchased a new MSD81 from the dealership for $1005 and reprogrammed the car using Autologic.
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 06:57 AM   #52
AndyW
Supreme Galactic Commander (one galaxy over...)
AndyW's Avatar
United_States
318
Rep
1,501
Posts

Drives: 2008 335i E93 & 2012 135i E82
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington, USA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance View Post
I purchased a new MSD81 from the dealership for $1005 and reprogrammed the car using Autologic.
What is the practical effect of the upgrade? Is it worth $1000 to upgrade if the 80 is working?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #53
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
What is the practical effect of the upgrade? Is it worth $1000 to upgrade if the 80 is working?
Other than the fact I can flash it in just over 1 min... there really is no benefit that is worth mentioning. It was a good learning experience.

Another option would be to virginize a used ECU. Talk to Bryce at BimmerScan for pricing. There are a lot of MSD81's that can be picked up for cheap.

http://www.bimmerscan.com/
Appreciate 1
AndyW318.00

      08-12-2016, 05:54 AM   #54
marconi118
Major
67
Rep
1,139
Posts

Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

BUG in I8A0S XDF

the aggression throttle table is badly defined

you should replace 73BBE with 73BDE

then the table is fulli defined

it was correct in an old wedge XFD I could compare with
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #55
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
the aggression throttle table is badly defined

you should replace 73BBE with 73BDE

then the table is fulli defined

it was correct in an old wedge XFD I could compare with
I'm looking at Throttle Angle Aggression in Overload and Row is defind 0x73B9E and Columns 0x73BAE. The general address hex is 0x73BBE which is correct. If I change it as you indicated, it throws the table off. If you feel there is truly an issue, send me a copy of the XDF to WedgePerformance@gmail.com and I will review the XDF you have indicated is correct.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #56
marconi118
Major
67
Rep
1,139
Posts

Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

it is on the MSD80 XDF
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2016, 10:47 AM   #57
MHD Tuning
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
MHD Tuning's Avatar
Germany
1565
Rep
1,183
Posts


Drives: M2 # M3 # M135i # 340i
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Berlin - Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
the aggression throttle table is badly defined
you should replace 73BBE with 73BDE
then the table is fulli defined
it was correct in an old wedge XFD I could compare with
That's actually the reverse. There was previously an error, corrected for some time now but some residual BINs are wrong.
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #58
jyamona
Private First Class
176
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2010 135i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Northeast PA

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, long time coming for this update! Lots going on right now and XDF updates got pushed to the back burner a bit. Anyway, here's what got pushed today (20 new tables):

Engine Cooling
- Coolant Temp Threshold (enable warning)
- Coolant Temp Threshold (yellow warning)
- Coolant Temp Threshold (red warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (enable warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (yellow warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (red warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (upshift warning)
- Temp Threshold for End of Warm-up
- Ambient Temp Threshold for High Mode
- Ambient Temp Threshold for High+KFT Mode
- Coolant Setpoint (Normal Mode)
- Coolant Setpoint (High Mode)
- Coolant Setpoint (High+KFT Mode)
- Radiator Fan Duty Cycle (ECT Target Diff)

Exhaust Flap (credit to MHD Tuning for these and reversing the logic!)
- Maximum Speed for Static Exhaust Flap
- Static Exhaust Flap Position
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (AT)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (MT)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (AT - Convertible)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (MT - Convertible)

The table names for these are pretty self explanatory, but if you run into trouble let me know. If been running High / High+KFT ambient triggers lower than stock (23 / 28 *C), and a tad lower coolant setpoints for awhile now and it works GREAT. Seriously. It even keeps oil temps a good bit lower =)

As usual, you can find the latest XDF's at the public github. Enjoy!
__________________
Enjoying the new tables discovered and the XDF progress made? if you'd like. Every bit is appreciated!
Appreciate 5
bradsm87510.50
Sgop335478.50
BQTuning417.50
FCobra942369.50

      08-28-2016, 07:17 AM   #59
2007BMW335i
Private First Class
2007BMW335i's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lowell, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Wedge,
Is your 2007 manual or automatic. I would entertain an upgrade to 81 but I don't think the 6HP19 is compatible.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2016, 05:46 PM   #60
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BMW335i View Post
Wedge,
Is your 2007 manual or automatic. I would entertain an upgrade to 81 but I don't think the 6HP19 is compatible.
I have an 07/07 E92 Sport AT with an upgrade from MSD80 to MSD81 which was married to the car with AutoLogic.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2016, 05:34 AM   #61
marconi118
Major
67
Rep
1,139
Posts

Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD Tuning View Post
That's actually the reverse. There was previously an error, corrected for some time now but some residual BINs are wrong.
Comparing 2 bins for the same car from wedge: the V2.1 and V3 I have some undefined differences with the new XDF, but maybe wrongly defined in the old bugged XDF

it is from address 73C3E to 73C5C

is this a continuation of table throttle angle aggression? or another table?
it is undefined in the last XDF of 5 days ago on github
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #62
marconi118
Major
67
Rep
1,139
Posts

Drives: 06/07 e93 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: europe

iTrader: (0)

bump
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2016, 09:23 AM   #63
WedgePerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
WedgePerformance's Avatar
United_States
1279
Rep
1,884
Posts

Drives: Slot Machines.. Keep Taking $
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Portland, OR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by marconi118 View Post
Comparing 2 bins for the same car from wedge: the V2.1 and V3 I have some undefined differences with the new XDF, but maybe wrongly defined in the old bugged XDF

it is from address 73C3E to 73C5C

is this a continuation of table throttle angle aggression? or another table?
it is undefined in the last XDF of 5 days ago on github
Please use only the newest version of the XDF.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 07:46 PM   #64
Ilma
Colonel
Canada
99
Rep
2,737
Posts

Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mississauga

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyamona View Post
Hey guys, long time coming for this update! Lots going on right now and XDF updates got pushed to the back burner a bit. Anyway, here's what got pushed today (20 new tables):

Engine Cooling
- Coolant Temp Threshold (enable warning)
- Coolant Temp Threshold (yellow warning)
- Coolant Temp Threshold (red warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (enable warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (yellow warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (red warning)
- Oil Temp Threshold (upshift warning)
- Temp Threshold for End of Warm-up
- Ambient Temp Threshold for High Mode
- Ambient Temp Threshold for High+KFT Mode
- Coolant Setpoint (Normal Mode)
- Coolant Setpoint (High Mode)
- Coolant Setpoint (High+KFT Mode)
- Radiator Fan Duty Cycle (ECT Target Diff)

Exhaust Flap (credit to MHD Tuning for these and reversing the logic!)
- Maximum Speed for Static Exhaust Flap
- Static Exhaust Flap Position
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (AT)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (MT)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (AT - Convertible)
- Torque Request % for Exhaust Flap Actuation (MT - Convertible)

The table names for these are pretty self explanatory, but if you run into trouble let me know. If been running High / High+KFT ambient triggers lower than stock (23 / 28 *C), and a tad lower coolant setpoints for awhile now and it works GREAT. Seriously. It even keeps oil temps a good bit lower =)

As usual, you can find the latest XDF's at the public github. Enjoy!
|
|
|
V

What is High mode and High + KFT mode?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 01:36 PM   #65
2007BMW335i
Private First Class
2007BMW335i's Avatar
United_States
80
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Lowell, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Does anyone know how I could find the address(hex) for codes 2C9E and 2C9F? I would like to eliminate my rear oxygen sensors and disable the codes from turning on the service engine soon light. If I knew the addresses I could add the parameter to my I8A0S XDF
__________________
149,000+ miles, MHD, VRSF 5" FMIC, Aluminum charge pipe. E50 tune by Wedge Performance. 3" Catless DP's. Secondary Cat Delete. DCI cold side w/silicone Inlets. N20 TMAP, "Stage 2" Walbro 450 LPFP. xHP Stage 3. 1/4 mile 12.079sec @ 118.79mph. (2.03 60')Before xHP flash and rear cat delete.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #66
CarAbuser
Major
CarAbuser's Avatar
United Kingdom
179
Rep
1,261
Posts

Drives: Z4 35i DCT
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Will the tables for enabling exhaust burble be added into the XDFs?
So I can change duration without using the flash time options in MHD.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST