E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > AUDI a stiff competitor to BMW

05-19-2007, 03:31 AM   #23
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

“I didn't wait to buy a car just so I can pay a few thousand more for a different steering wheel and some bits of plastic (the 335 already has m-sport suspension so what are you really waiting for besides cosmetic changes to an already great car) to make it look faster.”

You know there is a first for everything and this has got to be the first I have seen someone on a forum giving crap to another member for waiting for an option. I really don’t know what to say apart from I feel for you. I mean a person who doesn’t understand that others have certain liking to certain options is only telling me one thing… anyway ill move on.

“I may sound like a fan boy but, you know, I know there are plenty of great cars out there and some great competition for the 335”

Well that’s great to hear if only you had the same mentality in your earlier post.
As for the 335 not getting great reviews, well it really didn’t get great reviews, I mean MOTOR and WHEELS both complained about ride comfort and interior quality issues. Don’t get me wrong I’m against reviews because they always have bias and just like VGR said only driving the car yourself will tell you the truth. It’s an individual thing.
“rash generalisations.” I specifically talked about members in this forum and if you bothered to read other sections in this forum you will see that I’m correct.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61547

“Yes, the S5 hasn't landed here yet but there IS a review of the S5 dynamics and it is NOT overwhelmingly positive like the E92's was.” *sigh* not going to bother wasting my time, I just explained above.

“By the way, what sort of "informed" comments were you after when you said "Some opinions on this car from fellow members are appreciated." Your right on this one it’s too early to hear actual comments from people who have driven the car so I guess I wrote that up as a general question, but other members managed to post without hinting anything negative before the car came out. “I may sound like a fan boy” I must say I wasn’t expecting a ‘fan boy’ response so there was a reason that I replied in a harsh way. I am on this forum for the same reasons as everyone else but it is important to understand that posts made by members can sound annoying to others especially when they are negative about a car that hasn’t even arrived here yet.

“The number of times I've had to bite my tongue on this forum when I wanted to say something really negative or to point out someone's poor taste/ignorance/stupidity/narrowmindedness, but I restrained myself to keep a positive feeling- at least in the Australian section.”

I can’t believe what I have just read OF COURSE you have to bite your tongue for goodness sake if everyone here were to say negative things about people’s tastes all the time this forum would turn into e46fanatics. There needs to be some understanding and some class when posting.
“But I must be tired or something because I felt I couldn't let you go this time”
Yeah its more like I should let you go, I’m not the narrow minded person here.

Now that I have cleared up my part I have to say I really have nothing personal against anyone in this forum especially you, but the earlier post did get on my nerve especially when I had inquired about the AUDI S5 and had a long chat about it with a sales manager on friday. I do realise that there will always be bias in any car forum and this is that kind of situation. Its great to hear that you’re a nice guy I can say I am as well and as you said I definitely want to keep this Aussie section as friendly as possible.

Last edited by Chris.G; 05-19-2007 at 04:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #24
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
I have to agree with Chris, personally i cannot stand the E92 and E46 coupe's without the M sport kits, i would not buy one without it as they just don't look tough enough to me.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 03:46 AM   #25
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
I have to agree with Chris, personally i cannot stand the E92 and E46 coupe's without the M sport kits, i would not buy one without it as they just don't look tough enough to me.
Me too buddy, i personally love the M-sports kit on both the e46 and e92 as well. Aggressiveness of the kit is a win for me.:rocks:
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 04:14 AM   #26
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

I don't really want to reply to your response as it will just perpetuate the bad vibes. I know I was negative about its looks but I couldn't help myself. I am a fan of "sleeper cars" and big aggressive body kits don't do it for me. But that's just me.

Whatever you decide on I'm sure it will be great (after all they ARE both really good cars)- good luck!

Diversity is a good thing.

Respect.
      05-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #27
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbeemer View Post
I don't really want to reply to your response as it will just perpetuate the bad vibes. I know I was negative about its looks but I couldn't help myself. I am a fan of "sleeper cars" and big aggressive body kits don't do it for me. But that's just me.

Whatever you decide on I'm sure it will be great (after all they ARE both really good cars)- good luck!

Diversity is a good thing.

Respect.
im glad that we both agree to leave bad vibes behind us.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 10:57 PM   #28
scheps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TTMK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #29
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
Yes, it's a shame the M-sports kit isn't available for the E92 yet, when I last spoke to my dealer about the M-sports kit they said because the aero kit is available for the E92 they weren't certain the M-sports kit was coming. In any case, if and when it does arrive, great bargaining tool to get them to throw it in for free.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #30
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt View Post
Yes, it's a shame the M-sports kit isn't available for the E92 yet, when I last spoke to my dealer about the M-sports kit they said because the aero kit is available for the E92 they weren't certain the M-sports kit was coming. In any case, if and when it does arrive, great bargaining tool to get them to throw it in for free.
I'm sure it will come soon. Very much a markerting decision by BMW Aust as to when they make it available. Currently they have no shortage of people to sign up for the E92 bue to limited competition. Expect it to arrive around the same time as the Audi S5.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #31
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
I'm sure it will come soon. Very much a markerting decision by BMW Aust as to when they make it available. Currently they have no shortage of people to sign up for the E92 bue to limited competition. Expect it to arrive around the same time as the Audi S5.
This is one long marketing decision:mad: i guess im learning the virtue of patience.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 05:32 AM   #32
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
This is one long marketing decision:mad: i guess im learning the virtue of patience.
Your a stronger man than me. When I decide to change cars, it's done within a month. I can't wait. When I bought my Alfa, I was very specific of the colour combo (and a manditory sunroof) and I was scouring all of Australia for a dealer who had it in stock. Only one in aust was in Melbourne and luckly my dealer was happy to arrange a transfer.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 05:38 AM   #33
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgr02 View Post
Your a stronger man than me. When I decide to change cars, it's done within a month. I can't wait. When I bought my Alfa, I was very specific of the colour combo (and a manditory sunroof) and I was scouring all of Australia for a dealer who had it in stock. Only one in aust was in Melbourne and luckly my dealer was happy to arrange a transfer.
Being specific in cars is my biggest problem as well. It gets me insane when i have to wait for something that i want. At least you were lucky with your Alfa How long did you wait for your 320M?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 09:27 AM   #34
Sparky66
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 Coupe. Jet Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt View Post
...... You might want to check this reliable source on Ebay. It is actually available right now - even to Australia !!!!! Not to bad considering it comes pre-painted from BMW factory in Germany.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AME WA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170113188165&rd=1,1
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2007, 06:49 PM   #35
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
good find sparky... although check out that price!!!

PERSONALLY i would go for like Reiger or something, but if factory is what you want it is ok, i guess