E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Eibach and B4 shocks

08-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #1
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI saloon

Eibach and B4 shocks

Has anyone tried Eibach Pro Kit and Bilstein B4s as a suspension mod? Just curious if it feels better than standard suspension.
I know comfort is subjective but I don't have a big butt to cushion the coccyx breaking jolt often caused by an unmatched spring-shock combo

When replying, it would help to state your car's previous suspension type for comparison. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:36 AM   #2
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 325d E91

I have Eibach pro springs and B4's in the msport spec and the car is firm but not crashy. I went from SE spec so not sure how it compares to m sport.

I find it fine with no complaints from the Mrs or 6 year old daughter. Handles lime a different car now, feels very solid, almost more solid the faster you drive.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2020, 06:41 AM   #3
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streek View Post
I have Eibach pro springs and B4's in the msport spec and the car is firm but not crashy. I went from SE spec so not sure how it compares to m sport.

I find it fine with no complaints from the Mrs or 6 year old daughter. Handles lime a different car now, feels very solid, almost more solid the faster you drive.

Ah brilliant. "Not crashy" is what I'm aiming for. I'm going from SE spec as well as mine is a daily driver only. Thanks for responding to this.
Forgot to ask if you changed your bump stops or left the SE ones in there.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:57 AM   #4
bugra101
Rep
Drives: e91 325d

I’m just in the process of installing Eibach pro kit and Bilstein B4 Sports to mine which is already a M sport. Also will be installing shorter bumpstops.

Will report back.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:59 AM   #5
bugra101
Rep
Drives: e91 325d

Quote:

Are they B4 sport or B4 standarts?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 11:45 AM   #6
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugra101 View Post
I’m just in the process of installing Eibach pro kit and Bilstein B4 Sports to mine which is already a M sport. Also will be installing shorter bumpstops.

Will report back.
Will be waiting patiently. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:30 AM   #7
sam1er
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d 2006 SE + some others

Standard SE suspension to Eibach pro and B4 shocks (SE spec), i wish i went for the Msport spec shocks tbh. Not a bad combo, better than standard plus my old shocks were all worn out, none of them were decompressing by themselves when removed from the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:28 AM   #8
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dephrank View Post
Ah brilliant. "Not crashy" is what I'm aiming for. I'm going from SE spec as well as mine is a daily driver only. Thanks for responding to this.
You need to change to M-sport bump stops as the SE ones are too long and so will fail pretty quick. You dont need shorter than M-sport, Eibach themselves say the standard M-sport ones are fine.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 07:32 AM   #9
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugra101 View Post
Are they B4 sport or B4 standarts?
I bought the M-sport version of the B4 shocks. Figured i may as well upgrade the shocks at the same time to the better m-sport spec. You can use the standard SE spec B4's they will work fine with Eibach pro springs, they will just give slightly softer ride.

Eibach do say that their springs are fine to be used with SE spec shocks.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #10
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You need to change to M-sport bump stops as the SE ones are too long and so will fail pretty quick. You dont need shorter than M-sport, Eibach themselves say the standard M-sport ones are fine.
Thanks for the guidance
Driven a stock E90 Msport so I have a fair idea of the EOM feel. Might throw on some 19inch shoes for the mini plateaux and undulating landscape masquerading as speed humps in my area
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:20 PM   #11
Silver Streek
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the guidance
Driven a stock E90 Msport so I have a fair idea of the EOM feel. Might throw on some 19inch shoes for the mini plateaux and undulating landscape masquerading as speed humps in my area
I never really have any issue with speed humps. Just drive slowly over them, which is good to do anyway as it does wear and damage to your suspension. I can never understand people who drive their cars so quickly over humps as if they are driving a dacar race truck.

I've never scraped a speed bump.... Yet! You can never say never can you.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #12
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the guidance
I never really have any issue with speed humps. Just drive slowly over them, which is good to do anyway as it does wear and damage to your suspension. I can never understand people who drive their cars so quickly over humps as if they are driving a dacar race truck.

I've never scraped a speed bump.... Yet! You can never say never can you.
I agree. Sometimes we underestimate how low a car is in relation to the road. Speeding over humps isn't advisable. They're there to slow one down anyway but that tiny scrape you hear and silently pray it's the mud guard and not the splitter
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 05:27 PM   #13
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Just testing out how to post underneath a comment without quoting it. Still figuring this app out on my phone
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 06:14 AM   #14
Adam1990
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330I

I have been running this set up on my e91 for at least 2 years and it's very much like the M sport set up just not crashy and slightly lower.

Personally wouldn't lower the car any more as I could set it being a problem for daily driving.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 07:16 PM   #15
dephrank
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Done mine. Changed the bump stops to shorter ones E36 M3 front and Z4 M rear. Steering is more responsive since the install. Thanks to everyone for your contributions. It really helped me work it all out to the last detail 🤝
Appreciate 0