E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > E90 nox sesnsor P122F, P122E and P125B

05-10-2022, 09:03 AM   #1
320i_
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i 2010

E90 nox sesnsor P122F, P122E and P125B

Hello,

Apologies if this has been posted in the wrong location.

My E90 320i 2010 has the eml light on constantly recently and the codes are in the title above. I have had the vehicle for nearly 5 years about 4 years ago I had an independent bmw garage replace the previous nox sensor which at the time was reconditioned with 6 months warranty. Around 20k miles later I seem to have codes indicating the same issue again. Just wanted everyone’s advice on how to proceed as I have seen a brand new nox sensor on eBay for just around £115 compared to the price from dealers. Can any garage fit this or would the car need programming after the sensor gets replaced? Is there a way I could save money by cleaning the nox sensor myself? The drives fine maybe a little on the heavy side for fuel consumption has done 85k miles on the clock and is used for short journeys predominately and bi-monthly longer journeys. Therefore I am worried the car breaking down on one of these long journeys.

I have already spent £700 on the car last month on full service and high brake load sensor issue. I have advisory’s for the following also which will need attention in next few months gearbox output seal leaking, front pads and discs, front drop links startling to wear and banana arm bushes cracking. All this work will cost just over a £1000 I would say from quotes received so far. I can’t really afford to be buying another car as would like to keep this for another 2 years if possible but If am throwing money down the sink and better to part exchange then reluctantly I would think that makes more sense. Open to your kind expert opinions as am really unsure what to do.

Thank you
Appreciate 0