E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Smog Check Questions

05-10-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
NDodson
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Smog Check Questions

Just moved to California and have to register my cars with the state. I have a 2018 BMW 530e and a 2016 BMW X6 M. I keep hearing about having to undergo a smog check before the vehicles are officially registered by California. This is a completely new concept to me coming from the Midwest. Given my vehicles' ages, will I still need to get one? If so, what type of places have the best service? For context, I live in Orange County, so anybody with some local knowledge would really be helping me out.

Appreciate all and any feedback!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:02 PM   #2
R3dLeader
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 and e93 335i

DMV website should tell you if you need a smog or not.

If your car is completely stock, just find the cheapest smog place around. It's a pretty standard check.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #3
NDodson
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dLeader View Post
DMV website should tell you if you need a smog or not.

If your car is completely stock, just find the cheapest smog place around. It's a pretty standard check.
Thanks!! I see you can get a smog check just about anywhere, almost as accessible as a car wash it seems like. I'll be sure to check the DMV's website!
Appreciate 0