E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW ROAD MAP EUROPE PREMIUM WEST 2018-1 3xUSB/DVD - Torrent

02-06-2018, 04:34 AM   #89
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided1 View Post
Ok great. To confirm: drag over the pkgdb folder and config.nfm file, they should be at top level of the disk, not inside any other folder.
Thanks again mate, so it's only those 2 folders that get burnt to the disc?
Each disk should have pkgdb folder and config.nfm file at top level and nothing else. 1x folder, 1x file
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 08:54 AM   #90
lloydie
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Does anyone have a method of getting the 1b file from a retrofitted CIC ? All of the scripts I've seen, including the one posted on page 1 by undecided1, don't work for retrofitted units
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #91
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydie View Post
Does anyone have a method of getting the 1b file from a retrofitted CIC ? All of the scripts I've seen, including the one posted on page 1 by undecided1, don't work for retrofitted units
Suggest you buy a £10ish cable and grab it the usual way. Usb script is easier but if not working time to go back to old method. Ps if cic was script activated then having the 1b file is no use to you anyway
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 04:34 PM   #92
DJM911
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F15 30D M Sport

Downloaded and installed. Bought a lifetime code from EBay, and everything has worked a treat! Cheers guys!
2011 BMW 330D M Sport Touring Auto - Silver Grey (Previous)
2011 BMW X5 30D M Sport Silver Grey (Previous)
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 04:00 AM   #93
lloydie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Suggest you buy a £10ish cable and grab it the usual way. Usb script is easier but if not working time to go back to old method. Ps if cic was script activated then having the 1b file is no use to you anyway
Yes I have the cable but I cant communicate with the car for some reason
Thanks anyway
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2018, 05:40 PM   #94
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I have the cable but I cant communicate with the car for some reason
Thanks anyway
Which cable? Usb or lan?, communicating how? Depending on age of car/software/cable there's different ways to get to things
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 04:22 AM   #95
lloydie
Private
Rep

Quote:
Which cable? Usb or lan?, communicating how? Depending on age of car/software/cable there's different ways to get to things
Its an ENET (lan) cable, followed these instructions http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154524 but when I go to the FTP address I get nothing 'this page cannot be displayed'. FTP from command line just gives a timeout
I have EDIBAS with USB cable and that works so I know the OBD port is good.
Car is late 2007
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #96
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Its an ENET (lan) cable, followed these instructions http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1154524 but when I go to the FTP address I get nothing 'this page cannot be displayed'. FTP from command line just gives a timeout
I have EDIBAS with USB cable and that works so I know the OBD port is good.
Car is late 2007
Apparently the cabling for lan access to cic only started to get wired up around lci time so that probably explains that. The usb-Ethernet adapter method should work as that effectively plugs straight into a cic port...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #97
Burny
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330d m sport

Hi all, finally managed to get the 3 disks burnt and verified, all burnt at the slowest speed inserted the first disc put my fsc code in and it started to install the updates, after quite a while, over an hour, it asked for disk 2, installed the disc and it just sat on the screen asking for disk 2 to be inserted.
Left it for ages and nothing, finally had to cancel as it was doing nothing.
Inserted disc 1 again and it started to do the update again (didn't need to input the code this time) so cancelled it inserted disk 2 just to check if the drive could read the disc and again after a few seconds it tries to start the update again and it says disk 1 of 3. So is that correct will it start the update even if disk 2 is installed first?
Has anyone any ideas why it doesn't seem to want to continue updating from disk 2 even though its reading the disk if it's inserted first.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #98
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi all, finally managed to get the 3 disks burnt and verified, all burnt at the slowest speed inserted the first disc put my fsc code in and it started to install the updates, after quite a while, over an hour, it asked for disk 2, installed the disc and it just sat on the screen asking for disk 2 to be inserted.
Left it for ages and nothing, finally had to cancel as it was doing nothing.
Inserted disc 1 again and it started to do the update again (didn't need to input the code this time) so cancelled it inserted disk 2 just to check if the drive could read the disc and again after a few seconds it tries to start the update again and it says disk 1 of 3. So is that correct will it start the update even if disk 2 is installed first?
Has anyone any ideas why it doesn't seem to want to continue updating from disk 2 even though its reading the disk if it's inserted first.
Thanks
Suggest you reverify the files for disk 2 to be sure you got a good copy then maybe try a reburn with decent disks (plus tick verify option for disk burn). Think disk 2 was the biggest so any burn issues most likely to show up here? Load from DVD takes ages, definitely so much faster from usb for anyone who can do so
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 12:52 AM   #99
Burny
Private
Rep

Thanks mate, I'm using verbatim + discs so hopefully the discs are good will give disk 2 another go later tonight.
If it was a bad burn would it still try and start the install from that disk?
Dean
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #100
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate, I'm using verbatim + discs so hopefully the discs are good will give disk 2 another go later tonight.
If it was a bad burn would it still try and start the install from that disk?
Dean
I'd expect it would need all disks in order. Maybe try and verify files against the torrent as well to make sure the files are as they should be? Only ever loaded from DVDs twice (original bmw disks), loaded disks in order. So slow I hope I remember to never try it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 07:20 AM   #101
Burny
Private
Rep

Haha yep it really is slow, but because my idrive has never been updated I have no option, I labeled all the disks as I burnt them so defiantly doing it in the right order. To check that the DVD drive in the car could at least read the disk I inserted disk 2 first and it prompted to start the update from the start, which seems strange that it can't continue the update when I install disk 2 but it will read it and start the update fresh from disk 2, I noticed on page 2 of this thread a couple of people had the same issue updating via USB, I've messaged one of them to ask how he overcame it as I suspect it's the same problem I have.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #102
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Haha yep it really is slow, but because my idrive has never been updated I have no option, I labeled all the disks as I burnt them so defiantly doing it in the right order. To check that the DVD drive in the car could at least read the disk I inserted disk 2 first and it prompted to start the update from the start, which seems strange that it can't continue the update when I install disk 2 but it will read it and start the update fresh from disk 2, I noticed on page 2 of this thread a couple of people had the same issue updating via USB, I've messaged one of them to ask how he overcame it as I suspect it's the same problem I have.
Thought the fix for partial load issues was to load via DVD not usb unless there's another issue I'm unaware of? Could always pay someone to upgrade cic firmware but think that's a cic unit removal job so not ideal. Where are you? I have a bmw original set of 2014-1 DVDs I don't really need now. Could borrow if local/buy if not and give those a go? Should let you know if it can load via DVDs ok and worst case scenario 2014-1 is a lot newer than you're probably on now. I've got some dual layer DVDs somewhere but some no name brand (ritek dye from memory though so decent enough), could attempt to burn you a copy of disk 2 of 2018-1 and put in the box as well if you wanted them? Then you have another try on 2018-1 and 2014-1 to fall back to? If it's started an update in 2018-1 it already accepted code and can load older disks without another code. Something to consider anyway...
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 01:38 AM   #103
Burny
Private
Rep

Hi mate, thank you I'm in derby/Nottingham, I reburnt disk 2 and fully verified it and will give it a go again tonight.
If it doesn't work I would like to take you up on the 2014-1 disks as I have heard that I might have issues going to 2018 anyway as it fails updating at 93% but we will see.
Are you nearby? As I will definitely try the 2014 if this doesn't work again.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 07:58 AM   #104
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi mate, thank you I'm in derby/Nottingham, I reburnt disk 2 and fully verified it and will give it a go again tonight.
If it doesn't work I would like to take you up on the 2014-1 disks as I have heard that I might have issues going to 2018 anyway as it fails updating at 93% but we will see.
Are you nearby? As I will definitely try the 2014 if this doesn't work again.
Thanks
Sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 05:26 AM   #105
Burny
Private
Rep

Burnt disk 2 again loaded perfect this time until 65.7 % and 2.5 hours later when it said it couldn't read the disk, must have been very close to the end of the disk as it asked for disk 2 at 31% so at 65.7 must have been almost ready for disk 3.
😤😤
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2018, 07:14 AM   #106
gerdf
Registered
Rep
Drives: E61 5s5D

Quote:
Ps for anyone who needs it should be 0x28 0x2D
Can you tell me how to determine the code for the year?

EDIT: Got it ;-)
(map info file)

Last edited by gerdf; 02-17-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 06:08 AM   #107
Bri-320d
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d M Sport Auto

Hi, new to all this to please bear with me.

Ive had my car a week and decided to update the maps from 2010 to 2018-1.

Ive downloaded the map files and unpacked them to a USB. I downloaded the FSC code generator as the code that came with the car no longer works (i assume it was a 1 time only code) but i cant for the life of me generate the 1b.hex file or retrieve the information from my CiC.

Its a 2010 E92 LCi with CiC (widescreen one) with USB in the glove box and under the armrest.

I tried the USB way with the script but it didnt work and i dont have a cable or know which one i need.

Can anyone help with a FSC code or tell me how to get one in really simple steps haha.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2018, 05:56 AM   #108
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
How much are people paying for FSC codes had s quote the other day and was surprised it was only £15 less than the maps and code from my local dealership!?!
      02-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #109
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri-320d View Post
Hi, new to all this to please bear with me.

Ive had my car a week and decided to update the maps from 2010 to 2018-1.

Ive downloaded the map files and unpacked them to a USB. I downloaded the FSC code generator as the code that came with the car no longer works (i assume it was a 1 time only code) but i cant for the life of me generate the 1b.hex file or retrieve the information from my CiC.

Its a 2010 E92 LCi with CiC (widescreen one) with USB in the glove box and under the armrest.

I tried the USB way with the script but it didnt work and i dont have a cable or know which one i need.

Can anyone help with a FSC code or tell me how to get one in really simple steps haha.

Cheers.
Script should work if at top level of usb stick and you use the glovebox usb (unless retrofitted then it depends on how was done), some usb sticks can be awkward with extra partitions so try more than one stick if not working. If go cable method can use usb-lan adapter from glovebox usb or I used an enet cable which was easier (I have a 2013 car though, not sure at what year the lci's got this wiring to work, enet cable only £10ish though so worth a try but I'd be looking at the script method again personally, costs less and does much of the work for you)
Appreciate 1
      02-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #110
undecided1
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
How much are people paying for FSC codes had s quote the other day and was surprised it was only £15 less than the maps and code from my local dealership!?!
Either the fsc code was expensive or the dealer is really cheap, doesn't sound right to be honest. What were you quoted?
Appreciate 0