E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What did you do to your car today?

08-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #9725
RealJ22
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 CT200h Cayman Boxster RC

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I just installed some 1M Side mirrors on my White 128i. Bought them off of a member and they were in excellent condition. My only issue is that he put some fairly high priced Carbon Fiber covers on them...and I'm not sure if I like them..or want to go back with Alpine White covers.

But he did tell me that the covers were a bear to remove, and I would hate to destroy the CF ones in the process.

Any tips on pulling them safely?
It depends, there are 2 styles of "Covers" for these mirrors. Most of them are "Stick on" which only have double sided tape. I have some of these "Covers" and to be honest, they are junk.

If they are the "Real" clip on covers, they simply pull off from the front. I used just my hands a a little bit of pressure. A trim tool can come in handy if they are really on there good.

If they are the stick on ones, I would suggest a heat gun.

My mirrors are not 100% M3 because I do not have the base. I do not mind, because I am less than $200 into them.

If they are the actual covers, I might be interested in them!

Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-01-2019, 10:54 PM   #9726
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Cool

This was long overdue:
Attached Images

08-02-2019, 04:58 AM   #9727
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJ22 View Post
It depends, there are 2 styles of "Covers" for these mirrors. Most of them are "Stick on" which only have double sided tape. I have some of these "Covers" and to be honest, they are junk.

If they are the "Real" clip on covers, they simply pull off from the front. I used just my hands a a little bit of pressure. A trim tool can come in handy if they are really on there good.

If they are the stick on ones, I would suggest a heat gun.

My mirrors are not 100% M3 because I do not have the base. I do not mind, because I am less than $200 into them.

If they are the actual covers, I might be interested in them!

When I asked about them....here is the message he sent me.

If you do buy new covers to have painted and choose to sell these carbon ones, just be EXTREMELY careful removing the covers as the clips are a fragile plastic on the backside so I'd be really afraid of breaking some of them off. If anything I'd try and pop the actual mirror glass off first to inspect how abouts to go removing the covers. The mirror glass pops off fairly easily with some persuasion.

That may make it easier for you as the clips on the covers, had two sides to each one, that "sandwiched" all of the mirror housing tabs to secure the cover to the actual housings(hopefully that makes sense). It's funny because when I installed the carbon covers, once they snapped in place I thought to myself, "yep those are never going to come off without breaking"

I will probably start looking at 1M/M3 covers. If I find some and get them painted...and get these pulled without any damage, I will get in contact with you before doing anything with them in case you still may interested before doing anything else with them!
      08-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #9728
phillycx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i sedan

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I parked my baby so I could drive an M5 Comp, M2 Comp and M340 at an M Town event. I got to drive two of my dream cars in one day!! For today at least, life was perfect.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 01:34 PM   #9729
RealJ22
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
When I asked about them....here is the message he sent me.

If you do buy new covers to have painted and choose to sell these carbon ones, just be EXTREMELY careful removing the covers as the clips are a fragile plastic on the backside so I'd be really afraid of breaking some of them off. If anything I'd try and pop the actual mirror glass off first to inspect how abouts to go removing the covers. The mirror glass pops off fairly easily with some persuasion.

That may make it easier for you as the clips on the covers, had two sides to each one, that "sandwiched" all of the mirror housing tabs to secure the cover to the actual housings(hopefully that makes sense). It's funny because when I installed the carbon covers, once they snapped in place I thought to myself, "yep those are never going to come off without breaking"

I will probably start looking at 1M/M3 covers. If I find some and get them painted...and get these pulled without any damage, I will get in contact with you before doing anything with them in case you still may interested before doing anything else with them!
If I remember correctly, taking off the glass might give you access to the prongs, at least 2 of them. You can do this if you want, but most people just pull them off.

It's funny because someone bought the expensive BMW carbon covers and stated "Wtf someone could just pop these $800 covers off" haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      08-02-2019, 02:49 PM   #9730
WatchWolf34
Because Racecar
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i 6MT

Been a while since I posted here. I've done a bunch of work to the car. Luckily, most of it has been for fun...my turbos tho, they're on their last legs. Won't be long now before that job needs to be done.

Anyway, semi-recently has been this list:

Apex Arc-8 17x9 square setup installed. Fantastic feel on and off the track. I want so badly to run them as my dailies...

Finally got a little bit more serious with my track days and picked up a set of Hawk Blues. What an amazing difference. Along with that, went with a set of Posi-Quiets for the street. That's very interesting...very little dust but the initial bite is so weak that it seemed like there was no brake pressure. I've gotten used to it but it's a strange shift.

Saw another forum member on here post pictures of their interior where they had put a red accent line along the trim. I really liked it so I picked up a couple of versions of the product online from Amazon and found one I really think is perfect. Love the look now.

I went through a cosmetic phase here. Was trying to do something a bit unique with the front end. Using the stock LCI E90 front bumper I added the carbon fiber splitters and then attached a carbon fiber lip underneath the splitters. It gave the car a very aggressive look. But, I live in the automotive shit-box that is Minnesota and in the end some bad luck (and perhaps rushed installation) the lip did not last. Pics from test fitting...

Name:  LCI Custom_medium.jpg
Views: 624
Size:  158.7 KB
Name:  LCI Custom 2_medium (2).jpg
Views: 591
Size:  114.4 KB

So, I am going with the "over-done but that's because it works so damn well" M-Sport front bumper and a Seibon carbon fiber lip, Arkym style.

Last edited by WatchWolf34; 08-02-2019 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: Added pics
Appreciate 1
RealJ221037.50
      08-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #9731
Blackeye30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i XDrive 6MT

I figured I would make a bit of a formal introduction post, I joined the BMW ranks about two months ago with this here E90 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT. It didn't stay bone stock very long, but mostly aesthetic stuff so far, trying my best to keep my hands out of the engine bay until the extended warranty is up. A little before / current state.

OEM Gloss black kidneys
Suntek 20% ceramic tint
DEPO smoked LED side markers
Xdrive badge delete
ZHP shift knob

Fresh detail yesterday!

Before:

Currently:

Cheers~
Appreciate 1
Soden82475.50
      08-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #9732
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

Oil change and washed engine bay, followed by a hand wash. Felt like a productive day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-02-2019, 09:21 PM   #9733
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackeye30 View Post
I figured I would make a bit of a formal introduction post, I joined the BMW ranks about two months ago with this here E90 LCI 335i xdrive 6MT. It didn't stay bone stock very long, but mostly aesthetic stuff so far, trying my best to keep my hands out of the engine bay until the extended warranty is up. A little before / current state.

OEM Gloss black kidneys
Suntek 20% ceramic tint
DEPO smoked LED side markers
Xdrive badge delete
ZHP shift knob

Fresh detail yesterday!

Before:

Currently:

Cheers~
I'm doing what your doing soon on my lci e90. Starting the long and tortuous detailing process tomorrow that will most likely take a few days
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 1
      08-02-2019, 10:07 PM   #9734
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Finally finished Acc retrofit, just need to align the sensor now which is going to the hardest part
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 02:17 AM   #9735
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Finally finished Acc retrofit, just need to align the sensor now which is going to the hardest part
How much did it run you and were the parts easily accessible?
      08-03-2019, 02:23 AM   #9736
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
How much did it run you and were the parts easily accessible?
Umm sensor i got from a friend, brackets and trim i got from dealer for $100 harness i got for $16 on AliExpress ldm and pigtail i got for $15 from pick n pull, didn't get the stalk yet cause it's rare and i can use regular stalk
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2019, 05:17 AM   #9737
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchWolf34 View Post
Been a while since I posted here. I've done a bunch of work to the car. Luckily, most of it has been for fun...my turbos tho, they're on their last legs. Won't be long now before that job needs to be done.

Apex Arc-8 17x9 square setup installed. Fantastic feel on and off the track. I want so badly to run them as my dailies...

Finally got a little bit more serious with my track days and picked up a set of Hawk Blues. What an amazing difference. Along with that, went with a set of Posi-Quiets for the street. That's very interesting...very little dust but the initial bite is so weak that it seemed like there was no brake pressure. I've gotten used to it but it's a strange shift.

Saw another forum member on here post pictures of their interior where they had put a red accent line along the trim. I really liked it so I picked up a couple of versions of the product online from Amazon and found one I really think is perfect. Love the look now.

I went through a cosmetic phase here. Was trying to do something a bit unique with the front end. Using the stock LCI E90 front bumper I added the carbon fiber splitters and then attached a carbon fiber lip underneath the splitters. It gave the car a very aggressive look. But, I live in the automotive shit-box that is Minnesota and in the end some bad luck (and perhaps rushed installation) the lip did not last. Pics from test fitting...

Attachment 2112279
Attachment 2112281

So, I am going with the "over-done but that's because it works so damn well" M-Sport front bumper and a Seibon carbon fiber lip, Arkym style.
Do you have pics of the accent lines? I think I remember seeing another member that did that and it looked great.

Also +1 on the ARC 8's. I don't track my car and daily drive it, but they are a great looking light wheel that set everything off.
      08-03-2019, 11:34 PM   #9738
S65Hunter
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
  [0.00]
Bought a set of Cosmis R1s from a member here. 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear et35 all around. Fronts currently have 225s on them but I'll be putting 245s, the rears have 245s and I'll be putting 255s.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 12:02 AM   #9739
porsche959
Banned
Rep
Drives: porsche

Quote:

Attachment 2112279
Attachment 2112281

thats a sick look. more pics?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 01:31 AM   #9740
gamesfrager
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Quote:
Saw another forum member on here post pictures of their interior where they had put a red accent line along the trim. I really liked it so I picked up a couple of versions of the product online from Amazon and found one I really think is perfect. Love the look now.....
Would you please post some of those interior shots?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 07:04 AM   #9741
K9Leader
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 328ix E91, 2011 128i E82

Garage List
2011 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
The Service Engine Soon light popped on last week on my 328i x-drive E91 with 131k miles. Codes indicated the upstream oxygen sensors so replaced them. Got it done last night late so only cleared the codes and have not gone for a drive yet to see if codes won't reappear. Planning to do the transmission service today - full service, dropping pan and replacing filter. Hope it is not too much of a mess.

-K9Leader, Newark DE
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #9742
RealJ22
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]

Got an ALMOST full set of window trim for $20. It's in immaculate condition. Now I can paint my spare set gloss black. I was actually nervous about this part, but it was easy PZ.

This will set off my car more than anything I feel. Especially once the mirror bases are gloss black.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      08-04-2019, 01:12 PM   #9743
ckcraig13
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e93

Finished Bavsound

Finished my Bavsound install with amp and stage 1 speakers/ghost woofers. Ended up breaking something on my passenger door lock actuator lmao won't work now......
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #9744
mb443
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335i 6MT Sport

Installed PIAA 2500K fog bulbs and coded to run with DRL via Carly. Fog lenses need a polish or replacement, may get yellow vinyled at some point. Yes the current cheap eBay junk grilles are discolouring, will be replaced with proper ones soon.

Also installed new OEM matte black lower front window trim pieces on both sides. Removing the inner door panel and mirror went smoothly. The existing trim pieces are easy and FUN to remove when you have brand new OEM parts ready to install... good riddance!!!

This completed my trim conversion from chrome to matte black. Ended up being an expensive process but the result is good. New OEM matte lower front/rear trim from the dealer (328 part #s, pricey for the set but worth it) and upper curved section wrapped by a local vinyl shop.
Attached Images

FBO | JB4 G5 ISO + pump BEF (94oct) | Turbosmart DualPort DVs | 335is/550i clutch | BMS DCI, OCC, diff lockdown, etc | RE trans mounts & shifter bushings | Shiftek DSSR | ZHP knob | PS AS3+ on stock 162s
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #9745
Thoughtfull328I
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328I XDrive

Where to find butterfly exhaust valve switch ?

So , im extremely new to this forum , but I have a question that's really been daunting me . Maybe someone can help . Own a 2011 BMW 328I Xdrive , still haven't figured out the chassis codename yet , which makes this task even further diff , but I hear you can disconnect a butterfly exhaust valve switch located in the rear trunk , driver side , pocket wall ? Ive looked several times high and low can't find switch to unplug , aside from tail light switch Any help , is this even possible on my model or do I need to just replace exhaust ? Would like to gradually start building my baby into the " Ultimate Machine " !!?? Sorry , if Im not posting in correct side of forum . Thanks in advance !
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #9746
mikeyoooooo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is MT

Hooked up my JB4 to my Android screen.

Appreciate 3
RealJ221037.50
King Rudi13152.00