E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vishnu's/Shiv's Customer Service - A Joke...Yet Again(READ)

Closed Thread

01-12-2008, 01:22 PM   #67
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

wow orient blue you need to calm down...geeze...this is all your fault..you know they have some issues sometimes with returning q's but a lot of the time they are spot on!!! i don't even have a procede and i know this...i was upset about the warranty thing shiv offered me and i sent pm's talked in threads that he was active in and nothing i said screw it and went with dinan and i am a super happy camper...

but buddy you knew all of this when you bought from them i could understand the v2 deal but you USED the procede v1.47 they are basically gonna recycle the parts.... i can't even beleive they are taking the procede back to be honest with you!!! it is a system with to many parts to return..meaning loose wires and such that bend and wear easily and will never look new again so how are they gonna sell it new?

just chill out...don't tell people to get the fuck out of the thread when they are just making honest comments about your failure to realize what reality is!!!

reality is you buy a product like this use it and 99% of the companies out there will never accept a return on a product like this... it is to easy to scratch and such and vishnu doesn't even make all the parts.. the 25% restocking fee is probably what the parts themselves cost.. so i don't understand how this is a big deal b/c you made a mistake in buying it in the first place!!!

just chill out and accept responsibility for your actions...be a little upset about the charge...but damn are you 16 or something!!! don't be such a baby!!! and yell at other members in such a childish fashion
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #68
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
wow orient blue you need to calm down...geeze...this is all your fault..you know they have some issues sometimes with returning q's but a lot of the time they are spot on!!! i don't even have a procede and i know this...i was upset about the warranty thing shiv offered me and i sent pm's talked in threads that he was active in and nothing i said screw it and went with dinan and i am a super happy camper...

but buddy you knew all of this when you bought from them i could understand the v2 deal but you USED the procede v1.47 they are basically gonna recycle the parts.... i can't even beleive they are taking the procede back to be honest with you!!! it is a system with to many parts to return..meaning loose wires and such that bend and wear easily and will never look new again so how are they gonna sell it new?

just chill out...don't tell people to get the fuck out of the thread when they are just making honest comments about your failure to realize what reality is!!!

reality is you buy a product like this use it and 99% of the companies out there will never accept a return on a product like this... it is to easy to scratch and such and vishnu doesn't even make all the parts.. the 25% restocking fee is probably what the parts themselves cost.. so i don't understand how this is a big deal b/c you made a mistake in buying it in the first place!!!

just chill out and accept responsibility for your actions...be a little upset about the charge...but damn are you 16 or something!!! don't be such a baby!!! and yell at other members in such a childish fashion
I read half your response and stopped (see bolded above). Did you not even read the thread? You seriously might want to delete your response because it could not be more off base. Like I said, several times, IT WAS BRAND NEW, NEVER USED!!! Please read before you post in this thread. I'll wait for your apology.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 02:47 PM   #69
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
If your return policy is only noted on the receipt (something your customer sees only after he purchased the product), and your website does not state the return policy (where your customer orders the product from), then you as a business owner should suck it up and accept the return. This is a conflict on your part. He as the purchaser sees that he can return the item according to the website where he orders the product. Then he receives a receipt with some fine print at the bottom that contradicts the policy on the site? WTF!

And 25% restocking fee? My god what does the Procede weigh? How large is your warehouse? How many Procede units do you have just sitting around? Since the OP is willing to accept that rediculous cost, I am amazed that you would not accept the return. This is a further reflection of poor customer service.
Very well said. By the way, I recall a picture of V2 orders lying in the corner on the floor. Some stocking huh.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 03:30 PM   #70
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Guys there is more to "restocking" then putting something back on the shelf. It involves processing, billing, ect. Now don't jump down my throat...I'm not sure it's worth 25%, but I just wanted to remind you guys that it involves a bit more then physically putting something back into inventory.
      01-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #71
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Guys there is more to "restocking" then putting something back on the shelf. It involves processing, billing, ect. Now don't jump down my throat...I'm not sure it's worth 25%, but I just wanted to remind you guys that it involves a bit more then physically putting something back into inventory.
Exactly, which is why I focused on those aspects of re-stocking that are clearly not an issue for Vishnu and generally generate the highest proportion of what is incurred with "restocking". The billing, invoicing, tracking and re-inventory issues are valid costs, but absolutely do not equate to 25% of the product cost. 10% would be realistic, maybe 15% If it is a large item.

At the very least, Vishnu should accept it back based upon the terms that were in place when the product was purchased and not based upon terms that were only identified after the transaction was complete.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:13 PM   #72
normtrum
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Exactly, which is why I focused on those aspects of re-stocking that are clearly not an issue for Vishnu and generally generate the highest proportion of what is incurred with "restocking". The billing, invoicing, tracking and re-inventory issues are valid costs, but absolutely do not equate to 25% of the product cost. 10% would be realistic, maybe 15% If it is a large item.

At the very least, Vishnu should accept it back based upon the terms that were in place when the product was purchased and not based upon terms that were only identified after the transaction was complete.
I was also thinking that 10% would be probably be acceptable. I don't know, without knowing what the exact costs involved are....is all speculation.
      01-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #73
s1eepy
-_-
Rep
Drives: e92

I am a new 335 owner, and was at first very interested in the Procede. I didn't mind the threads on limp modes and codes, but I can not stand poor customer service. I will not be going with Vishnu to tune my car and just fyi your thread has aided me in my decision.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #74
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Sorry to hear that you can't return your procede orient. Through the years of modding many different cars I have learned not to do business with vendors and companies that offer questionable customer service, its just too much of a headache to deal with. I don't understand why you can't return a brand new procede, its not like you are asking for a refund on a gallon of milk after 30 days. I don't agree with the way that they choose to conduct their business, but I guess that I can only speak with my wallet since there are many on this forum who disagree.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 12:32 AM   #75
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Come on guys, i am sure its just some miscommunication going on and stuff. I also thought i had very bad customer service when i initially bought my procede. I had a faulty harness and a faulty procede unit. Can you beat that? But i was compensated both a new harness and procede unit, with shipping both paid. I think as far as my experience goes, Vishnu Tuning, is not able to handle enormous orders. For example, i made specific requirements to them to mark the new replacement items to me as repaired items but they sent it out as new items and i had to pay alot of bloody tax. As infuritated as i could be, i decided to just swallow it as i wanted to get my procede working desperately.

My procede unit is runnign perfectly now. I have lowered my expectations as far as customer service levels are concerned but on the other hand, I am happy to see Shiv handle problems that are occuring on procede installed cars this far. Shiv has never been a customer realations guy and have directed anything on orders to Calvin/Dustin so i would not think it would be fair to point at him especially when his line of work is for the procede to be working in stable conditions on cars, local and international where they are many variables at play. Its not easy i admit going through isolated cases of problems from different parts of the world.

But i think Calvin/Dustin can improve or go beyond company policies to make the difference even if its not their mistake(s) individually or collectively. Improvement starts from somewhere and that somewhere can be right here with Orientblues case, should he still have one if hes not able to sell it off.

My 2cents.

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #76
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm glad to see that my effort in posting this thread has helped some people from making a decision that could cost them down the line.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #77
Nikolas
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 996 TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
. Shiv has never been a customer realations guy and have directed anything on orders to Calvin/Dustin so i would not think it would be fair to point at him especially when his line of work is for the procede to be working in stable conditions on cars, local and international where they are many variables at play. Its not easy i admit going through isolated cases of problems from different parts of the world.

But i think Calvin/Dustin can improve or go beyond company policies to make the difference even if its not their mistake(s) individually or collectively. Improvement starts from somewhere and that somewhere can be right here with Orientblues case, should he still have one if hes not able to sell it off.

My 2cents.
First Shiv as owner of the company is where the buck stops. I own my business and it is the same here. My employees are not to blame.

The issue here has nothing to do with a customer mistake. The issue here has to do with presentation of the return policy. If it is not on the website where the product is ordered, then they must honor the return. How often does everyone read the fine print on a bill of sale after the product is purchased?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 02:22 PM   #78
Fubarsky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
Dude what's your problem. Let's just wait till what Vishnu says about this. This matter should be properly adjusted one way or another, otherwise people who read this thread, and some who were looking forward to buy a unit, are probably going to walk away. I'm not going to say Vishnu is seriously going to get affected now. But if you lose 5 to 10 customers now, who's to say you aren't going to lose more later.

As a future owner(car arriving in March) of e92, and potential customer of a piggyback unit. I too, demand clarification from Vishnu, and what they are going to with this.
Ayep, should not have posted that one. I got appropiately scolded. And in retrospect I will never post after a crappy phone call from the ex.

Peace/Out
      01-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #79
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

The 30 day return policy, while reasonable on its own, is BS in this context. A merchant can't just inject terms into a sales agreement after the sale has been made. Do these guys live in a hole? Do they not see how other sites are run? Go to any website and check out the help/returns section -- they'll clearly state if there's a time limit. While it's not the case here, what if someone buys this item as a gift, wraps it up w/o opening the box, and waits over 30 days to give it to the recipient? They would never know about the exp. of the return period b/c it was never a part of the original terms.

To stick to such a policy after the customer points out it was never stated prior to sale on the website is complete BS -- esp. where the product's never been used. Anyway, glad to see you got it off your hands. Unfortunate that some companies have no clue re: what customer service is all about even when the co. is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #80
Kyosho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3 // Panamera Turbo

good luck with all this blue
i hate dealing with companies with crappy customer service. theres just no end to the headache
this thread really helped me decide what tune to get
it was either Dinan (warranty issues) or v2 (huge gain)
im definitely going with Dinan, i rather deal with less HP and TQ than deal with poor customer service.
again gl
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 04:40 PM   #81
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosho View Post
good luck with all this blue
i hate dealing with companies with crappy customer service. theres just no end to the headache
this thread really helped me decide what tune to get
it was either Dinan (warranty issues) or v2 (huge gain)
im definitely going with Dinan, i rather deal with less HP and TQ than deal with poor customer service.
again gl

My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #82
normtrum
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92says View Post
Dude what's your problem. Let's just wait till what Vishnu says about this. This matter should be properly adjusted one way or another, otherwise people who read this thread, and some who were looking forward to buy a unit, are probably going to walk away. I'm not going to say Vishnu is seriously going to get affected now. But if you lose 5 to 10 customers now, who's to say you aren't going to lose more later.

As a future owner(car arriving in March) of e92, and potential customer of a piggyback unit. I too, demand clarification from Vishnu, and what they are going to with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
Ayep, should not have posted that one. I got appropiately scolded. And in retrospect I will never post after a crappy phone call from the ex.

Peace/Out

Ha ha...now that is funny! I thought you were a bit over the top, but I have met you in person and I know you're a really good guy...so I thought your original post was actually pretty funny. Good call on the ex wife thing...probably not a good idea do anything other then drink heavily after a lousy phone call.
      01-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #83
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
The 30 day return policy, while reasonable on its own, is BS in this context. A merchant can't just inject terms into a sales agreement after the sale has been made. Do these guys live in a hole? Do they not see how other sites are run? Go to any website and check out the help/returns section -- they'll clearly state if there's a time limit. While it's not the case here, what if someone buys this item as a gift, wraps it up w/o opening the box, and waits over 30 days to give it to the recipient? They would never know about the exp. of the return period b/c it was never a part of the original terms.

To stick to such a policy after the customer points out it was never stated prior to sale on the website is complete BS -- esp. where the product's never been used. Anyway, glad to see you got it off your hands. Unfortunate that some companies have no clue re: what customer service is all about even when the co. is wrong.
+1. Definitely OrientBlue would have won, had he taken them to small claims court.
      01-14-2008, 09:33 PM   #84
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

wow. this thread is interesting. After reading this, it changed my decision to not buy a procede anymore. I just can't stand bad customer service. Unless they have improvements with the customer service or issue him a refund. I might consider buying a procede from them in the future.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #85
YoYo
King!
Rep
Drives: 2007 TiAg E92 335i ZSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
wow. this thread is interesting. After reading this, it changed my decision to not buy a procede anymore. I just can't stand bad customer service. Unless they have improvements with the customer service or issue him a refund. I might consider buying a procede from them in the future.
+2

I definitely have been on the fence about the Procede. After reading this thread, it just pushed me to the wrong side of the fence. I truly hope that their customer rapport improves.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 10:58 AM   #86
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
+2

I definitely have been on the fence about the Procede. After reading this thread, it just pushed me to the wrong side of the fence. I truly hope that their customer rapport improves.
I really doubt that it will. But we buy from company we hate every week because there are none better.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 11:31 AM   #87
lawdude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZPP ZSP TiAg MT

Seems like everyone who has a gripe is a rocket scientist, fast attack submarine designer, a 5 star hotelier, or CEO of a publicly traded company. Somehow I can't see Warren Buffett or Jack Welch coming online and whining about return policies. If you're going to brag about being a big shot at least act like one.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 11:40 AM   #88
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdude View Post
Seems like everyone who has a gripe is a rocket scientist, fast attack submarine designer, a 5 star hotelier, or CEO of a publicly traded company. Somehow I can't see Warren Buffett or Jack Welch coming online and whining about return policies. If you're going to brag about being a big shot at least act like one.
There is absolutely no point to your response. It in no way contributes to this thread and your reply has no relevance to this situation. So thanks...
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread