E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > (ISSUE RESOLVED) Just got Scammed

Closed Thread

01-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #67
Donkey Brolic
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I watched the main pic on my phone before now I can see it clearly on my PC. This IS NOT A PE.
1. The identification plate located near the tips is not there.
2. On a PE exhaust the pipe connecting out is on the OPPOSITE side of the tips. In the pic the pipe is on the same side.
3. The tips in the pic are NOT fully chromed. PE tips are chrome from front to end.

I'm not going to get into the debate if "bait and switch" was used in this deal but I will clear up the fact that the exhaust depicted in the pics is not a PE.

Seller please post the pics you sent to the OP. This way we can settle this.
I agree with you. It doesn't seem to be a PE in the pics that have been posted. Seller already said he didn't have any pics of the exhaust and that he skyped or facetimed a video or whatever.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #68
R.G.
Captain
Rep
Drives: Isetta

Sent emails can easily be retrieved. Texted photos, Pmd photos, nothing?
Who Skypes to show someone a sale item? You're telling me no pictures were exchanged
Wtf? I've never heard of scenario like that.
      01-24-2013, 11:12 PM   #69
Donkey Brolic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
Sent emails can easily be retrieved. Texted photos, Pmd photos, nothing?
Who Skypes to show someone a sale item? You're telling me no pictures were exchanged
Wtf? I've never heard of scenario like that.
Thats one thing the seller and buyer both agree on. No pictures were sent. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:14 PM   #70
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Brolic View Post
Although I did just make this profile as I just bought my car, thats not true, Ive made other posts.

I took a passing interest in this thread when I saw the bit about performance exhausts as I am getting my car track ready. I also was interested as I have a lot of experience selling.

I guess that when I start making good points you feel the need to discredit me? I'll shutup. My point has been made. I wouldn't want to be the next outcast/victim in this community.
So whats your real account name? seems like u made this account the day OP made this thread, and u come in here just to bust OP's balls, and siding more with the seller, no? Yea yea i see you made couple bs posts, so what? Prove me wrong, lets see you post a pic of your car.

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #71
R.G.
Captain
Rep

I agree super suspect

I think the kid got scammed. But what do I know

E90 just learn from it man.

Not looking like your going to get the dough back
400 dollar chrome tips. Rock the hell out of them
      01-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #72
Donkey Brolic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by korr View Post
So whats your real account name? seems like u made this account the day OP made this thread, and u come in here just to bust OP's balls, and siding more with the seller, no? Yea yea i see you made couple bs posts, so what? Prove me wrong, lets see you post a pic of your car.
really?

heres a dealer pic. as i said in other posts I just bought it. by the way, I will be parting out lots of things on the car to lighten it up. If anyone is interested in parts let me know and Ill tell you if im taking it off the car in the near future.

Last edited by Donkey Brolic; 01-24-2013 at 11:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #73
Hisam135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
almost $400. for some people its not that much but im just a college kid. on a budget so for me its a lot.
im in college as well. you should have researched the price a PE is normal sold for. That is way cheap for a PE, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is sorry op
2008 Monaco Blue 335i | Terracotta | Premium | Auto | Comfort Access | Matte-black Grills | Carbon Fiber Splitters | 20% Tint | 1- point E9x Picture Game | Staggered 19' VMR V701 | Legal Disclaimer: My posts on this website cannot be held against me in any issues, such as warranty claims. |
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:36 AM   #74
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4

Quote:
Thats one thing the seller and buyer both agree on. No pictures were sent. Sounds like a problem waiting to happen.
yea and he says that he never took pictures of it. which i personally think is complete bs. whenever i get something new im excited about it and take pictures right away lol. but thats just me i guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #75
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.G. View Post
I agree super suspect

I think the kid got scammed. But what do I know

E90 just learn from it man.

Not looking like your going to get the dough back
400 dollar chrome tips. Rock the hell out of them
haha i guess so. another way too look at it. thanks for ur input tho
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #76
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisam135i View Post
im in college as well. you should have researched the price a PE is normal sold for. That is way cheap for a PE, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is sorry op
yeah guess i was stupid and trusted him because he was a forum member. my stupidity
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #77
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92oholic View Post
Why doesn't the seller post a pic of the exhaust and prove to us he sent you a PE? Or a pic of his car with it on it. Hmmmmmm
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #78
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
really?

heres a dealer pic. as i said in other posts I just bought it. by the way, I will be parting out lots of things on the car to lighten it up. If anyone is interested in parts let me know and Ill tell you if im taking it off the car in the near future.
YES really!

Dealer pIC? sorry your apparent dealer pic is not showing.... and please do let us know, i want to see the parts that you're going to part out in the near future.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #79
NGEE
Fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
Rep
Drives: 1M

I'm not overly fond of getting involved in transaction disputes, but this is serious. I personally value my online identity and would not want to have it slandered. The OP was looking for a performance exhaust and Incantana responded on Jan 2nd. that he had one for sale at a ridiculously low price. The OP bought it. When others questioned Incantana why he practically gave away a PE, Incantana claimed he didn't know what it was worth.

I went back over Incantana's posts (all 500 of them) and there is an obvious progression of buying/selling parts for modifications. There is nothing however about a performance exhaust. None of the inquiries or discussions that preceded all his modifications. The performance exhaust does not show up on any of several lists of all his modifications. All photos of the rear of the car, however, have been deleted.

Incantana posted inquiries about new pipe tips on Jan. 6, and then on Jan. 13 he posted that he had performed a muffler delete.

This car was previously owned by member MMMCookieS355 - hopefully he can chime in here on whether the previous muffler setup had welded tips.

Incantana - can you explain? Maybe you simply made a mistake and wish to make amends to the OP?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #80
korr
Captain
Kazakhstan
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90bedi View Post
yeah guess i was stupid and trusted him because he was a forum member. my stupidity
dont blame yourself, shit happens, you thought it was a great deal, and you jumped on it, its normal. Now you just have more experience dealing with your future purchases on the forum.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #81
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrive90 View Post
I'm not overly fond of getting involved in transaction disputes, but this is serious. I personally value my online identity and would not want to have it slandered. The OP was looking for a performance exhaust and Incantana responded on Jan 2nd. that he had one for sale at a ridiculously low price. The OP bought it. When others questioned Incantana why he practically gave away a PE, Incantana claimed he didn't know what it was worth.

I went back over Incantana's posts (all 500 of them) and there is an obvious progression of buying/selling parts for modifications. There is nothing however about a performance exhaust. None of the inquiries or discussions that preceded all his modifications. The performance exhaust does not show up on any of several lists of all his modifications. All photos of the rear of the car, however, have been

Incantana posted inquiries about new pipe tips on Jan. 6, and then on Jan. 13 he posted that he had performed a muffler delete.

This car was previously owned by member MMMCookieS355 - hopefully he can chime in here on whether the previous muffler setup had welded tips.

Incantana - can you explain? Maybe you simply made a mistake and wish to make amends to the OP?

The plot thickens.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #82
NGEE
Rep

Incantana - seriously, we all make mistakes. If that's the case, get in touch with the OP and settle it. Once you make good on it no one will hold it against you.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #83
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Incantana - seriously, we all make mistakes. If that's the case, get in touch with the OP and settle it. Once you make good on it no one will hold it against you.
This is a hard mistake to make. The sound difference alone between the two is like night and day.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #84
R.G.
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edrive90

I went back over Incantana's posts (all 500 of them) and there is an obvious progression of buying/selling parts for modifications. There is nothing however about a performance exhaust. None of the inquiries or discussions that preceded all his modifications. The performance exhaust does not show up on any of several lists of all his modifications. All photos of the rear of the car, however, have been deleted.

My attorney would have charged me more than the whole dispute amount for a review like that

Thorough job edrive

Refreshing to know people on this forum got each others back
      01-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #85
stimpy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:

Props
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #86
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

damn edrive thank you. i owe you for this one.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #87
E90bedi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

notice how incantana stopped replying...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #88
NGEE
Rep

Here is a photo of the car before Incantana purchased it, with chrome pipe tips.

Incantana, maybe you thought it was a performance exhaust because of the chrome pipe tips, and then didn't want to admit your mistake? I understand, it happens. Just come clean and make the OP whole again and he'll chalk it up to misunderstanding and clear your good name.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread