E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Safelite

09-25-2018, 05:57 AM   #1
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91 - 330k+ (miles)

Safelite

Had a another windshield replaced by these bozos. This one was in Roanoke, VA. I'll never go near the one in Charlottesville after they damaged my roof rails and screwed up my rain sensor.

They used Fuyao glass which has dozens of abrasions on the outside that show up like 4th of July fireworks at night in the rain. On top of that, they screwed up the placement and mounting of my windshield wipers and the molding at the top of the windshield causing both my side pieces to stick up like horns.

Got a windshield to replace.... don't use Safelite.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
I believe that as of 2016, Safelite locations are franchises and as such, each experience may not be the same as another.

I personally have had two windshields replaced by safelite, one on my E93 and another on an NB Miata. Both were done right and look excellent with no issues or concerns. I am extremely particular about my cars and would nit-pick nearly anything, but I had 100% satisfaction with my experiences.

My recommendation would be to note a negative concern/issue with that particular location, rather than the entire company.

YMMV
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #3
TheeGovernor
Life is better with burnouts
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Had a another windshield replaced by these bozos. This one was in Roanoke, VA. I'll never go near the one in Charlottesville after they damaged my roof rails and screwed up my rain sensor.

They used Fuyao glass which has dozens of abrasions on the outside that show up like 4th of July fireworks at night in the rain. On top of that, they screwed up the placement and mounting of my windshield wipers and the molding at the top of the windshield causing both my side pieces to stick up like horns.

Got a windshield to replace.... don't use Safelite.
You may want to try contacting corporate. They have a policy for installations, and I feel calling corporate and describing your issues will get things fixed.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00
      09-27-2018, 02:22 PM   #4
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
I believe that as of 2016, Safelite locations are franchises and as such, each experience may not be the same as another.

I personally have had two windshields replaced by safelite, one on my E93 and another on an NB Miata. Both were done right and look excellent with no issues or concerns. I am extremely particular about my cars and would nit-pick nearly anything, but I had 100% satisfaction with my experiences.

My recommendation would be to note a negative concern/issue with that particular location, rather than the entire company.

YMMV
Even if they are franchises, they must meet quality standards set by the corporation.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Even if they are franchises, they must meet quality standards set by the corporation.
Well, they are supposed to. "Must" isn't really possible. Can't force someone to do the right thing. Worst they can do is try and take his franchise away.

I just wanted to point out that I've had great experiences with them, as have many others. I understand your experience was terrible, and I am sorry to hear that. I just wanted you to put blame on the right people (the installer and the owner/operator of the local business you used).

One bad apple does not make a dead tree.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #6
Greyfox
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Well, they are supposed to. "Must" isn't really possible. Can't force someone to do the right thing. Worst they can do is try and take his franchise away.

I just wanted to point out that I've had great experiences with them, as have many others. I understand your experience was terrible, and I am sorry to hear that. I just wanted you to put blame on the right people (the installer and the owner/operator of the local business you used).

One bad apple does not make a dead tree.
umm... no that was number 2.

The first one was in Charlottesville a couple years ago when the installer tried to claim that roof rail had slid forwarded over the windshield and that when he tried to use a hook tool to pull it back, it slipped and gouged my roof rail and then tried to hide it by using a black sharpie to color it in. On top of that, they didn't admit anything and were going to let me drive away. Then when I found it before I had even gotten in the car, they tried to deny it. That's when the "installer" concocted the story about the roof rail sliding around. Took me 3 months of bullshit to finally get a new roof rail.
Appreciate 0