E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > I've been flagged and denied - almost solved.

05-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #89
Winston Wolf
Tax Paying, Gun Toting American Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Unhappy

I had a 1996 Chevy Pickup with a 6.5 liter Turbo Diesel engine. It had a 100k mile warrantee on the engine. I had a home made adjustable wastegate that held the wastegate from from limiting the boost at all. If I remember correctly, it put out around 6-8 lbs of boost stock. With a chip and the wastegate mod, I was putting out around 18 psi max boost; and I ran the shit out of that truck. Went through I believe 5 fuel pumps. All replaced under warranty. 1300 dollars a pop, but there was a known issue with them. So I've seen the good side of that type of deal. I feel bad for your situation, but if I was BMWNA, I would tell you to pound sand too. I would bet the Procede did factor in with an expedited failure, can't blame BMW for that..... Maybe you guys should tell Shiv to start warranteeing damage with the V2 & V3. Dinan doesn't seem to have a problem with doing that.......
Attached Images

05-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #90
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

So heres the deal. . . .my last ditch effort/plans.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them to drop whatever they're doing on my car and that I want out of there immediately. I'll try and talk to them, and the GM one more time, I'll play nice and play it cool one last time. But if they start BS'ing me again, then I'll say. . ..

Listen, an oil change is a damn oil change. At a given mileage point, the oil needs to be changed, regardless of WTF's been done to the car. It doesnt matter if I put jet engines in my 335. . . because at a certain point in time, the oil will need to be changed as is required by BMW. So this isnt even a problem or claim, it's just regular service that has jack shit to do with ANY modification, period.

Second, THIS IS A RECALL ON A DEFECTIVE PART THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY BMW TO THE CONSUMER. It's not even a warranty claimed part, its a damn RECALL, as in it's a DEFECTIVE part. I will drop some Magnuson Act chit chat with them as well. I've bought 3 cars from them, kissed my SA's ass with pricey gifts and awesome referrals. . . .and if the best they can do is. . . "yea. . . they're flagging your car and wont touch anything on it," then. . . sorry, but f**k BMW for taking things to the DISGUSTING extremes.

I'll tell them that warranties cannot just be "voided" without some proof as to what actually caused the problem. If this is not the case and they really can just tell me to f**k off because my warranty is simply "voided," then I want nothing to do with a company that would sink so low like that.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:52 PM   #91
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

What about an after market warranty?

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #92
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Thumbs down Somrthing bothers me about BMW dealerships. MOST suck by all standards. SOME are ok.

I feel your pain. But they refuse oil change too? Screw BMW man, people need to vote with their pockets, I am telling you BMW dealers are bad news, and act like its a privilege to give them business.

I know this first hand. My car had serious electrical issues that were undiagnisiable and I went through 5 months of hell. Can you believe I got rejected by 3 different dealers? Every time it was the same routine, I bring in the car, list the complaints show them what was going on, they say leave it here. No freakin loaner either. 2 days later, frustrated they couldn't figure it out, I get a call saying come take your car (Lemon?), we can't fix it and don't want to deal with it. Take it where you bought it, and let them fix it. You didn't buy it here, so we can't help!!! Unbelievable. I'd call BMW NA and they give me same rotten spill, "Well dealers are not under our control, we can't do anything, please try another dealer.". Men what customer service!! So I go to another dealer and result was same. in the end I was pissed to no end. My home dealer was over 5hrs away, does that mean no other dealer would work on my car? Why buy BMW if there is no support?? I made videos of the car going HAL on me. I recorded everything and copied all the service visit paperwork and emailed my evidence to BMW NA and told them I wanted them to take the car back. Period. No replacement, just my money back. I even contacted a lawyer who told me $2500 and he'd guarantee BMW would take it back. My dealer offered a buy back, to their credit they tried to help.

BMW NA finally buckled and took the car and arranged for a dealer to fix it. No so much fix, but change every electrical component in the car. It works like a charm, they never figured what was faulty. Lesson to the wise, dealer can do whatever they f-ing please. BMW nice cars, reliability is suspect and customer service sucks. Not even good enough for GM seriously.
      05-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #93
lm1z
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
So heres the deal. . . .my last ditch effort/plans.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and tell them to drop whatever they're doing on my car and that I want out of there immediately. I'll try and talk to them, and the GM one more time, I'll play nice and play it cool one last time. But if they start BS'ing me again, then I'll say. . ..

Listen, an oil change is a damn oil change. At a given mileage point, the oil needs to be changed, regardless of WTF's been done to the car. It doesnt matter if I put jet engines in my 335. . . because at a certain point in time, the oil will need to be changed as is required by BMW. So this isnt even a problem or claim, it's just regular service that has jack shit to do with ANY modification, period.

Second, THIS IS A RECALL ON A DEFECTIVE PART THAT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BY BMW TO THE CONSUMER. It's not even a warranty claimed part, its a damn RECALL, as in it's a DEFECTIVE part. I will drop some Magnuson Act chit chat with them as well. I've bought 3 cars from them, kissed my SA's ass with pricey gifts and awesome referrals. . . .and if the best they can do is. . . "yea. . . they're flagging your car and wont touch anything on it," then. . . sorry, but f**k BMW for taking things to the DISGUSTING extremes.

I'll tell them that warranties cannot just be "voided" without some proof as to what actually caused the problem. If this is not the case and they really can just tell me to f**k off because my warranty is simply "voided," then I want nothing to do with a company that would sink so low like that.
I like your style...stick it to em
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #94
Winston Wolf
Tax Paying, Gun Toting American Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
What about an after market warranty?
I would probably look at that too. I think Gieco or AAA has that kind of deal.
      05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #95
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Neema, your maintanence(oil changes, wiper blades, brakes) are completely seperate from your warranty and will still all be covered, even if your car is blacklisted.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #96
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I just spent 2 hours having some awesome conversations with Audi of MV's financial head. . . . even he was shocked and amazed at how extreme BMW was taking this situation. He himself has a stage 3 B5 S4 with tons of mods and said the dealer RARELY gives a damn about their customers mods, at all. We also spoke to the heads and GM's at Mission Infiniti and Lexus, right next door to them, and they confirmed that this was taking things way too far. The guy I spent my time with at Mission Audi was truly an enthusiast from the ground up. . . . NO BULLSHIT what so ever. That service alone is tempting enough to want to drop BMW in favor for an Audi.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #97
Mattscott
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Quote:
I just spent 2 hours having some awesome conversations with Audi of MV's financial head. . . . even he was shocked and amazed at how extreme BMW was taking this situation. He himself has a stage 3 B5 S4 with tons of mods and said the dealer RARELY gives a damn about their customers mods, at all. We also spoke to the heads and GM's at Mission Infiniti and Lexus, right next door to them, and they confirmed that this was taking things way too far. The guy I spent my time with at Mission Audi was truly an enthusiast from the ground up. . . . NO BULLSHIT what so ever. That service alone is tempting enough to want to drop BMW in favor for an Audi.
Looks like Audi cares about your possible business more the BMW values it. Do yourself a favor and make good friends with one of the SA's it will be 10x worth it in the end.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #98
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
Neema, your maintanence(oil changes, wiper blades, brakes) are completely seperate from your warranty and will still all be covered, even if your car is blacklisted.
then f**k Irvine BMW. . . .

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:58 PM   #99
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattscott View Post
Looks like Audi cares about your possible business more the BMW values it. Do yourself a favor and make good friends with one of the SA's it will be 10x worth it in the end.
I was good friends with my SA at BMW even. . . still didnt work.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #100
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:

You are running away from BMW, the Audi is not pulling you.

Not good situation right now but honestly, how can you settle for a bloaty slow pig like the S4 after a 335i?

Besides, how are you going to sell a blacklisted car? I humbly suggest you carry through and get the car back in the good graces of BMW. (i.e. restore to stock and have BMW inspect it, maybe put it in CPO).
      05-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #101
Siciliano611
Major
Rep
Drives: SMB M6GC

I dont care how good of friends you are with your SA, why the heck wouldnt u take an hour tops to take out the Procede and Intake before taking the car in to fix that.......crazy
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #102
satinghostrider
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP LCI II

Audis get you laid too boostnation. Dont worry about pussies. BMW is now Bringing More Worries than Bringing More Women. AUDI is the in thing now. Are U Done Inserting???

2018 F80 LCI II ZCP ///M3 Mineral White M-DCT| Sakhir Orange Interior| |M Performance Exhaust|
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #103
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Besides, how are you going to sell a blacklisted car? I humbly suggest you carry through and get the car back in the good graces of BMW. (i.e. restore to stock and have BMW inspect it, maybe put it in CPO).
Of course man, I would never try to rip off someone or keep important information like this away from them. Thats why I will fix these issues, and once I do, will most likely sell the car.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:05 PM   #104
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Of course man, I would never try to rip off someone or keep important information like this away from them. Thats why I will fix these issues, and once I do, will most likely sell the car.

Even if you fix the fuel pump, the VIN is in the BMW database, so you are going to have to confront this issue sooner or later. You need to restore the car into full warranty status.

If the car is sold without a warranty, you are going to take a bath.

Not beating you man but sleep on it, you are emoting.
      05-13-2008, 10:09 PM   #105
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicilianoNJ View Post
I dont care how good of friends you are with your SA, why the heck wouldnt u take an hour tops to take out the Procede and Intake before taking the car in to fix that.......crazy
For the last time, and as stated by the techs themselves. BMW's detection methods are on point. They know what they are doing and the tech sat there and told me almost everything they were JUST told at a "round table meeting" specifically about the new methods they are to deploy against the 335. He specifically said that they can check for psychical signs of tampering, the FASTA data can detect strange ECU activity, the DME can store faults for long periods of time, the new DME v81 and progman 29.2 were made to weed the tunes out, AND. . . . their new "ISIS" super advanced diagnostic systems are on their way. They showed me their ISIS station and said that it will be online soon. . . .

I'm looking at the long run with this car, which seems like more and more advanced detection and deterrent methods, resulting in more and more denied warranty work, meaning tons of money out of my pocket.

With all the speeding tickets I have, the risks of driving like an idiot in public, and all the other crap that comes with driving like a moron. . . . why should I care about a little slower of a car? Besides, one of my good friends who took my to the dealer, has a B7 S4, and the turns we took on our way there. . . . .oh my goodness. . . . . the turns we took! He's not as fast as my TUNED 335, but he sure keeps up, and in the turns, its game over.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #106
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post

Not beating you man but sleep on it, you are emoting.
No I hear you man, and your right. . . . I do need to sleep on it, but at age 20, it's hard to fight the emotions man. It's just part of being young. But I've managed to keep a logical head going through this. . . .

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #107
JCbmw22
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' e90 M3

Ok, I will be that guy

It was your fault for modding your car.

How could you expect them to warranty something with more boost and strain on the fuel pump?

the whole management of your engine has been altered so every component that is run or related to it is cause for a voided warranty.

It gets me upset when someone gets all hell bent on the "evil company" when they void their warranty for doing EXACTLY what the warranty says not to do. aka MORE BOOST!

So in the end blame yourself for you actions......

I know the responsibilities my modded 335i has and there for I have my 335i as my toy car with a whole n54 crate engine in my garage for back up.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #108
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

I love you guys. I love this forum. . . . . hah, wow, this is really starting to feel like a break up. And I dont want to lose all this. . . . but we'll see. As always, I'll keep you guys update with the latest info on anything I have that can help the forum out.

For now, I'm going to go over to a friends place and just try to chill. I know I'm going to sound like a pussy for this, but I dont care, I'm a man and one whose not afraid to display his true emotion, but this shit has me down, like breaking up with your first love, down. Not going to lie, but I've had lumps in my throat since 5pm.

Fellas, I'll talk to you in a bit once I log on at my friends house.

Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #109
getInline
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335 Coupe, c32 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
You admit it's fraud if you'd take it out and try to hide it to get warranty work, why do you expect to be covered if you leave it in? You handled the situation how everyone with modifications should handle things, admit what you've done and fuck the warranty and I applaud you for that, just deal with it and move on. I don't need to tell you what you already know and don't want to hear. (play=pay)
It would be pay to play if BMW was being fair and only denying coverage on truely affected components (turbos, transmission, etc) but they are denying coverage on unrelated components like the faulty fuel pump which is a known issue.

You applaud BMW for being fraudulent?

I'm sure BN could win if he fought this but BMW knows that nobody is going to have the time and money to take them on and win in court so they can do as they please.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #110
jfewins
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

going into my dealer today just to have them scan for codes on DME and give me a print out.

Going in with PROcede V3 fully installed, a BMS intake, and a cat back. . .

that was a quote from Boost_Nation on another thread. Seems he went in "daring" them to do something.
Appreciate 0