E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW 335I 2009 cv top issues

06-13-2021, 05:29 AM   #1
SkippyE93
Rep
Drives: 335i conv

Hello, having issues with my convertible top. Just got this and apparently the top has not been used for years. It moves up and down but I need to give it a little assistance. It opens fully but when I close it it closes fully but the green light does not stop and then when I let go the red light begins to flash.

I noticed when it opens, it seems a little stuck in the driver front corner of the windshield, I have to help it out.

In the trunk, in the black pan that holds the motor I noticed that there is some fluid on the right side, But not much it's just kind of wet. Some type of clear lubricant. The rest is dry.

At the motor, I have unplugged and replug the blue and the black connector, and the two orange relays. I have ordered two new orange relays but they won't be here until Thursday. Any troubleshooting tips? Since the red light won't stop flashing I cannot raise the windows and the trunk only operates with the key, not the fob.

Also, I am new to all of this, any suggestions on an OBD reader that will show fault codes for the convertible top as well?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0