E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Its a sad day, BMW really sucks now

11-07-2018, 06:49 PM   #1
Aokenomon
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 328I

Garage List
2009 bmw  [0.00]
Its a sad day, BMW really sucks now

I cant believe it, it is sad times BMW really sucks. I went to south bay bmw today in Torrance for some recalls and warranty issues, and the dealer was filled to capacity with warranty and recalls. the new cars don't seem to be as reliable as the e92 era vehicles and I mean across the board, and I think its to many variations which aren't really that different. Chronic oil leaks in all V8's air bag failures, peeling interior trim and failing electronics among many other things, does this sound like a luxury premium brand to you? It seems like they forgot the ultimate driving machine motto and gave the bean counters all the decision power, Guys what's your opinion? let me know.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 07:13 PM   #2
Haideezy
Boost>N/A
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokenomon View Post
I cant believe it, it is sad times BMW really sucks. I went to south bay bmw today in Torrance for some recalls and warranty issues, and the dealer was filled to capacity with warranty and recalls. the new cars don't seem to be as reliable as the e92 era vehicles and I mean across the board, and I think its to many variations which aren't really that different. Chronic oil leaks in all V8's air bag failures, peeling interior trim and failing electronics among many other things, does this sound like a luxury premium brand to you? It seems like they forgot the ultimate driving machine motto and gave the bean counters all the decision power, Guys what's your opinion? let me know.
It seems like BMW has gone away with the ultimate driving machine motto a long time ago when they started cheaping out on things to make the most profits. Oil leaks have always been a plague for BMW, I'm surprised these engineers still haven't able to resolve such a simple task.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 12:28 AM   #3
e92_bryan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘11 e92 328

Even in the E9X
I work a retail shop for detailing supplies
I’ve been seening more and more prelci e90’s come in with the hood,trunk and roof having flaky clearcoat
And I’m not talking about faded oxidized 1990’s honda
I’n talking about getting some milk for thise frosted flakes, its really bad. Looks like bmw fucked up on the clearcoat
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #4
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokenomon View Post
Meh. Do you need a little cheese with your wine?

None of this is new and it doesn't take away from the fact that BMW has not been a true sports sedan for nearly 30 years, everyone knows this, and most understand this is okay. There are still the M cars for those who really want a true sports sedan/coupe experience.

Regarding your comments:

1) Chronic oil leaks in all V8's: This isn't new. The V8's in BMW's have always been a problem, going all the way back to the E39.

2) Air bag failures: This isn't a BMW issue and isn't confined to just BMW either. This is an airbag supplier issue and it is an issue for nearly every manufacturer on earth. Heck, even Rolls-Royce has a current airbag recall.

3) Peeling interior trim: This has been an ongoing issue for nearly all German cars now for decades. BMW has had this problem since the E46.

4) Failing electronics: Again, not new. BMW has had electronic gremlins since the late 80's and everyone is aware that it is a problem area.

So overall, I don't see why the complaint now. I mean, yes, these problems shouldn't exist, but none should be a surprise either. They have been issues for decades. If anything, the F series platform has made substantial strides in them. I am hearing of substantial reductions in electronic and trim peeling complaints on the F series versus the E series from many of my friends in the BMW franchise world.

11-11-2018, 05:56 AM   #5
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

I'm not a fan of most of the new BMW models and decisions BMW AG has been making recently for different reasons.

Mainly design and deviation from ethos.
      11-11-2018, 06:34 AM   #6
ADEe92
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 320d sport plus edition

Garage List
2013 320d  [0.00]
1988 320i with M30B35  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by usshelena725 View Post
Meh. Do you need a little cheese with your wine?

None of this is new and it doesn't take away from the fact that BMW has not been a true sports sedan for nearly 30 years, everyone knows this, and most understand this is okay. There are still the M cars for those who really want a true sports sedan/coupe experience.

Regarding your comments:

1) Chronic oil leaks in all V8's: This isn't new. The V8's in BMW's have always been a problem, going all the way back to the E39.

2) Air bag failures: This isn't a BMW issue and isn't confined to just BMW either. This is an airbag supplier issue and it is an issue for nearly every manufacturer on earth. Heck, even Rolls-Royce has a current airbag recall.

3) Peeling interior trim: This has been an ongoing issue for nearly all German cars now for decades. BMW has had this problem since the E46

4) Failing electronics: Again, not new. BMW has had electronic gremlins since the late 80's and everyone is aware that it is a problem area.

So overall, I don't see why the complaint now. I mean, yes, these problems shouldn't exist, but none should be a surprise either.

5) Peeling clear coat isn't new either - poorly maintained LCI e30s have the same issue from the late 80s, as does every poorly maintained BMW (and cars from just about every other manufacturer with clear coat) since.

Maintain them, and they last just fine - they've always required more maintenance than Japanese or Korean cars, partly because they drive better and therefore when they're not driving 100% it's more noticeable.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00