E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein B4 with sport suspension or Eibach prokit

05-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
YoungBlood
LongDongSilver
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Bilstein B4 with sport suspension or Eibach prokit

very interested in the bilstein B4's, my shocks are needing replacement soon (110k miles, one front looks like it has leaked a bit) and I'm on OE sport suspension. I want something that will tighten the car back up a bit, and wouldn't be underdamped for a very mild drop, like eibach pro kit. I've read that the B4 is like 10% stiffer than EO sport struts, and they come for the sport height. Am I going to be disappointed with these shocks/struts if all I want is a OE like replacement or slightly better with a small drop? Or are these a decent matchup
      05-09-2017, 12:19 PM   #2
chris@strutmonkey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

B4 with Eibach springs are a great option if you want to keep the factory ride but lower your car a little bit. At 110k miles, make sure you replace your strut mounts, bumpstops (with shorter ones), and all the wear and tear items. Do it once, do it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlood View Post
very interested in the bilstein B4's, my shocks are needing replacement soon (110k miles, one front looks like it has leaked a bit) and I'm on OE sport suspension. I want something that will tighten the car back up a bit, and wouldn't be underdamped for a very mild drop, like eibach pro kit. I've read that the B4 is like 10% stiffer than EO sport struts, and they come for the sport height. Am I going to be disappointed with these shocks/struts if all I want is a OE like replacement or slightly better with a small drop? Or are these a decent matchup
Appreciate 1
Fritzer944.50