E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Making flames

01-07-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
Jelle458
Rep
Drives: 330i E90

Making flames

So I've got a 330i E90, absolutely bone stock but everything works, and all parts are BMW branded. I always replace stuff with original BMW. I know it's overpriced but keeps my sanity.

I also have a delphi tester that I am using on the car. At the moment no fault codes, and everything works. Except the bad ball bearing in the AC compressor.

I like the sound of it when it's stock. It has a little bit of grunt, enough to make people turn and look, but then fast turn away again, cuz you know, it's a stock beamer!

Anyways. I was thinking... Can I make it shoot some flames? Maybe add some kind of anti lag, of course on an NA engine.

Not sure if it can damage the catalyst or other stuff too. But maybe there is a way I could do this myself? I am not scared of getting hands dirty, I did do a full cylinder head repair on this one.
But I think this is just a matter of letting the injectors continue for a bit after releasing the throttle, and maybe retard the timing a bit? Can I do that, or is the like a basic tune that can do this?
And in case of remapping the ECU, what stuff would I need to do that? Specific hardware / software?

I was thinking this and a very small exhaust upgrade, the least aggressive one I can find, but shooting flames would just be a hoot during the next holidays
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 10:06 PM   #2
JLeport
Rep
Drives: E82 135i N55

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [6.50]
Its possible https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1920781
Appreciate 0