E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > door skins

01-19-2023, 09:09 PM   #1
Skoidat69
Secret Squirrel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328ix E91

Garage List
2007 BMW 328XI  [0.00]
door skins

I got hit by a guy with no insurance.. how hard if it to get door skins? I was told pdr isn't an option.. was presented with mud and paint..
Attached Images

01-20-2023, 07:44 AM   #2
Suvorovo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Broken e90 330xi 6MT

car-part.com is your friend. Select the door panel, filter by distance from me, select the cheapest one for your color. A good panel would be 250-400. Swapping interior door panels, window motor, regulator, door lock/actuator is pretty easy.

facebook marketplace. Type e90 part out, you'll have some results
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2023, 09:26 AM   #3
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Door Panel Repair

I am not an expert by any means, but I think finding a complete replacement door is an easier route. I have not actually heard of the outer "skins" being available, especially for a 15 year old car. Skins or even new doors would come in primer, so would need to be painted to match your car and the adjacent panels blended/polished to get a good match.

It looks like your colour may be quite rare making a colour matched component more difficult to find. This may necessitate re-painting the door, but at least the steel behind it would be un-molested. Changing the interior panel, electrics, and mechanical hardware will take a little time, but it is easier than many vehicles and the hardware is quite robust. I would buy some extra plastic clips. I also suggest spraying the inside of the door when you have it apart with a non-hardening rust inhibitor. Also a good time to check/lube the window actuators which tend to fail at this age.
Appreciate 0