E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Performance Delivery Center Pickup

07-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
dmcxii
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335is, '14 328iX

Garage List
Performance Delivery Center Pickup

I picked up my 335iS a couple weeks ago at the BMW South Carolina Performance Center, and drove it back to Illinois. Great experience, highly recommended if you have the time. At this point the factory tour part is closed, which was not a big deal as we've been through it. The track time was relatively short but informative, and they do have you doing things to their cars that you probably wouldn't do to your own.

Here are a couple shots at the facility.

Car is fantastic - 335is, DCT, Nav. 27 mpg driving home averaging about 80 mph. I'm sure my around-town mileage won't be this good.

First pull-over within 2 days of getting it home. . . . . Gonna have to behave.

Just did the break-in oil changes (engine and diff).

No mods other than pulling the exhaust valve "quiet" plug...
2014 328iX - Mineral/Black
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
ChiCityN20
Private
Rep
Drives: None ATM

You in Chicago? Badass car Mannn
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Slo2g
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

The Performance Center is quite an experience! A couple of friends of mine work there and I've been lucky enough to go through a day long course of the facility from cone dodging to submerging the X's in the off road course. Its a blast to do and you are very correct, you get to beat the snot out of the cars and do things that you will likely never do to your own. I remember we actually put one of ours in limp mode for some reason and they just told us to go back to the facility and get another one
Glad you had a good experience there! I'm lucky enough to live not too far from it!
      09-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

invest in a legit radar detector. Trust me, you will get your money back after a few long trips
Appreciate 0