E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Best diesel tuners in uk

05-01-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Best diesel tuners in uk

I know this has been covered before but interested in which tuners that have the most knowledge about tuning the m57 diesel engine in particular. In the process of a rebuild at the minute and upgrading core parts such as fuel systems and turbo etc... so would like to have some discussions regarding this. Thanks

STAGE 3 -- HYBRID TURBO -- WAGNER FMIC -- PROGRESSIVE METH KIT -- 6HP28 w/uprated TC -- DPF / EGR DELETE -- CUSTOM CAT BACK STAINLESS TWIN EXIT EXHAUST WITH REMUS M3 CF TIPS -- M135i FRONT 4 POTS -- 19" BBS CSLs -- RAPTOR XENON HEADLIGHTS -- CIC iDRIVE -- COMBOX -- LEMON DAKOTA INTERIOR --
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
MrSweet1991
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwuk View Post
I know this has been covered before but interested in which tuners that have the most knowledge about tuning the m57 diesel engine in particular. In the process of a rebuild at the minute and upgrading core parts such as fuel systems and turbo etc... so would like to have some discussions regarding this. Thanks
BWChiptune always stood out to me, there the only ones who recommend not gunning to have a DPF removal and can still hit x amount of power, it's things like this that stood out to me compared to other companies. And most people who have popped down to this place and have written posts on these forums always feel the need to add in that the guys really seem to know what they're doing when they've gone down to have their cars done. If anything I'd definitely say to give them a message as they're on these forums
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:03 AM   #3
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
BWChiptune always stood out to me, there the only ones who recommend not gunning to have a DPF removal and can still hit x amount of power, it's things like this that stood out to me compared to other companies. And most people who have popped down to this place and have written posts on these forums always feel the need to add in that the guys really seem to know what they're doing when they've gone down to have their cars done. If anything I'd definitely say to give them a message as they're on these forums
+1

Without doubt BWChiptune is one of, if not the best tuner about for our cars. Once I've fitted my new FMIC and cleaned out my EGR and Intake I will get down there myself to have my remap updated..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 06:38 AM   #4
Bmwuk
BMW GTS
Rep
Drives: BMW M90 GTS

Been in touch with BWchiptune about this so thanks. Any other tuners as reference?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 02:02 PM   #5
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

+2 for BWchiptune. If you do go there don't be put off by the appearance - it looks like any other back street garage with shit all over the place, but Jason and the guys are spot on and really know their stuff. Very friendly and always happy to answer any questions.
They remapped my 330d at the beginning of the year and I was really pleased with the service I got and the results.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 04:04 PM   #6
Andy198712
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E91 325d

how much do they charge? do they dyno too?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
nick46
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw E91 lci 330d msport

I think mine was £440 or £450 including having the egr to be programmed to stay shut.
They check the car first to make sure everything is ok and there are no issues that might prevent / affect mapping. Then it's run up on the dyno to get the stock figures and to see how the engine is performing. Then if all is well, you can discuss what sort of map you'd like - aggressive, economy, all round performance (I went for an all round map). Then it's ecu out and Jason spends a considerable amount of time working on the map. Once done it's ecu back in and run up on the dyno to see the difference. If there are any issues, the ecu will come out again and Jason will tweak it until he''s happy. Mine was spot on at the first attempt. Then it's off for a short test drive to check everything is ok on the road and to make sure there are no issues with the transmission coping with the extra torque. If there is, then again the map can be tweaked. Finally you hand over the money, get your print out, shake hands and enjoy the drive home!
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2018, 06:38 AM   #8
Badorl
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E3 1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick46 View Post
I think mine was £440 or £450 including having the egr to be programmed to stay shut.
They check the car first to make sure everything is ok and there are no issues that might prevent / affect mapping. Then it's run up on the dyno to get the stock figures and to see how the engine is performing. Then if all is well, you can discuss what sort of map you'd like - aggressive, economy, all round performance (I went for an all round map). Then it's ecu out and Jason spends a considerable amount of time working on the map. Once done it's ecu back in and run up on the dyno to see the difference. If there are any issues, the ecu will come out again and Jason will tweak it until he''s happy. Mine was spot on at the first attempt. Then it's off for a short test drive to check everything is ok on the road and to make sure there are no issues with the transmission coping with the extra torque. If there is, then again the map can be tweaked. Finally you hand over the money, get your print out, shake hands and enjoy the drive home!
thanks for answer, I had the same question
All the best: https://mechanicguides.com/best-dies...r-6-7-cummins/

Last edited by Badorl; 11-19-2018 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 06:56 AM   #9
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

There is also ecotune up in Scotland. I've not used them personally but have heard good things.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2018, 07:45 AM   #10
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

few to saty away from,,if you post which one your going to then i can let you know about a few dodgy ones,,and if you go to bwchiptune then you will not want to go anywhere else,,he knows his onions does jason,,he mapped my 335d via a live link in sunderland around 30 miles away from me,,ont he rollers etc,he did me a deal and was £300..car made 350 bhp with 730 nm of torque with the dpf in place
Appreciate 0