E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E90 Pre-Lci 1M Front Bumper

11-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
Last of the NA'
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52

E90 Pre-Lci 1M Front Bumper

Evening Internet folk,

Firstly, I should rightly say "hello" as this my first post here, I've been lurking for a while and joined recently. Great forum too, ample information available

I have an E90 330i M-Sport, LM Blue, 6sp Manual and a rather basic spec.

I'm looking to see if anyone has any information and/or experience with a 1M front bumper being installed on said car? The reason being, some #%*$ recently grazed the front offside for me when parked and the existing bumper is going to require minor repairs and a full respray. I had been looking into the 1M bumper previously but couldn't justify it, however since this incident it's a little more feasible. I was going to settle with a splitter but the choice is pretty poor for pre-lci cars.

I mainly want to know about quality, fitment, and if other parts (thinking arch liners here) require modification? Ebay have £300 units but I suspect the FG will be horrendously rigid and crack far too easily, and then there is one from MStyle for £450, but then higher prices don't always mean better quality ...

Any any advice is much appreciated
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 04:39 PM   #2
748adam
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I bought my bumper from Barry Graham (think his company is called BNG) fitment is pretty good for fibreglass but they are pretty fragile, I’ve just split mine again pulling into a garage but I am quite low, standard height cars shouldn’t have a problem at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:19 AM   #3
Last of the NA'
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 330i N52

Thank you. Next year I may be a touch lower if I can afford the Birds suspension kit but what you said is a consideration as I have a multi-storey car-park to navigate every day.

Did you install this yourself, and how do the arch liners marry with the new unit?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:26 AM   #4
748adam
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Yeah, install is pretty easy, arch liners match up well, mine bing an SE the splash pan underneath dind't marry up to the wholes in the 1m bumper, I think they must of used an M Sport model to get the mold, It still fits but had to just slide the splash pan over the top of the bumper, all in all I am happy with it, its just a bit annoying that the fibreglass cracks quite easy.
If someone would make a more affordable ABS version it would be perfect