E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Another Duke Dynamics/Bimmerpost Horror story

08-31-2017, 10:05 PM   #1
Vigoruler
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/F10 M5 Comp

Another Duke Dynamics/Bimmerpost Horror story

New user, however, same bs most of you have seen described beforehand over and over. May 3rd or so placed a $1300 order on a CSL Trunk lid half 1x1 carbon. Website states a 6-8 week build period for carbon fiber. By week 12 I start asking questions, always reasonable and very calm. Per usual with these guys the replies are either super slow or non existent. Dude starts telling me they f'ed up on the carbon when they cleared it. I continued to be patient while he continued to give me different dates each time, typically always "next Friday". At some point he sent me pics of the "flawed" trunk and I studied over it only to discover the trunk was completely carbon. So now we're at about week fifteen going on four months. I start to lay the pressure a little bit thicker and mention that the so-called first trunk that they scrapped wasn't what I even ordered to which they never replied on. I finally state that I want a tracking number or refund within a week. To my amazement this fool replies with the same story about the first trunk being scrapped cause they screwed up and tells me he's trying to contact the body shop. Keep in mind he tells me this like it's the first time and even worse the pictures he sends me in this version are a completely different trunk than the first "flawed" one! At this point I've had enough and file a claim with my bank. I tell them their ability or inability to deliver this trunk is no longer my concern regardless of ehat their reason(s) are and I no longer want the trunk, I want my money back. I let them know I had filed a dispute, which, judging by some of their actions through my research on this forum, may have been a bad idea....then again they were going to find out I imagine once the bank contacted them. My reason for concern is that through a search on this board I saw where the fools printed a quick shipping label to try and make things look copacetic on their end. Today the bank sent me a temporary credit of the amount so hopefully it stays that way. Whats so bad is I bought this '12 M3 coupe seven months ago and it got rear ended just three months into owning it. I only ordered this trunk due to the damage and the car has been dinged longer than it's been straight since I've owned it!
Appreciate 0