E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Drop links

07-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #1
Johnnybhoy7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 320D SE

Drop links

Forgive me for this potentially stupid question

Drop links, I know they’re different from left to right as part numbers are different but are they different from top to bottom do to the way they face?

Replaced mines less than a week ago and one is knocking already. Just wondering if it’s potentially on upside down. Removing tomorrow morning to check it’s tight also
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

coukd be the control arm,,i bought all new control arms/drop links and radius arms,,,this was after having it up on a 4 poster to check the knocking,,,we thought it was a worn control arm,,anyway 2 days later we got the car back up to put the arms on etc,,and the guy noticed the play in the control arm was actually a loose nut on the arm where it bolts to the suspension,,couldnt tell by eye and it wasnt able to turn by hand etc,,but just needed tightened up,,anyway my other side has started knocking now,,the same little knock when going over rough ground,,,i still have the arms and drop links etc,,and as my car is due mot end this month im just waiting till then,,so check all arms etc also..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 04:18 PM   #3
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
Drop links can be fitted in either orientation. Careful to tighten the nuts cause it's easy to strip the thread on them if over-torqued!
Appreciate 0