E90Post

Evolution of Speed

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > Peter Strzok dimissed FBI Agent

07-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #617
Real Dodger
On Ceti Alpha V
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
...One more point... Hasn't these people heard of the saying that you can indict a ham sandwich? An indictment is not a conviction people!
Is there also a quote about getting a guilty plea from a ham sandwich, or.....? That's happened a couple of times already, you know.

"ok General Flynn, here's the deal: you plead guilty to lying to federal investigators....yes yes, we know you really didn't and we know the agents who interviewed you reported that you didn't knowingly lie , but Peter here says you did....so anyway you just cop to this lesser charge, make up some crap we can use to harass Trump and there'll be no 6 month trial, you won't be totally ruined financially, you won't lose your house, your wife probably won't divorce you and you won't spent 6 years in federal prison. of course we can guarantee a minimal sentence! In fact Peter just had dinner with the judge last night...they're old buddies you know....and the judge assured Peter that it could be arranged no problem. "Scumbags"? We're scumbags you say? of course we're scumbags laddie! we're federal prosecutors!!"

so yes, i did understand your post....exactly.
As fearless as general Flynn says he has been, then that makes the rest of the post completely irrelevant. If he's a real man, he does not cop to the plea.
      07-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #618
Poiseuille
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
...One more point... Hasn't these people heard of the saying that you can indict a ham sandwich? An indictment is not a conviction people!
Is there also a quote about getting a guilty plea from a ham sandwich, or.....? That's happened a couple of times already, you know.

"ok General Flynn, here's the deal: you plead guilty to lying to federal investigators....yes yes, we know you really didn't and we know the agents who interviewed you reported that you didn't knowingly lie , but Peter here says you did....so anyway you just cop to this lesser charge, make up some crap we can use to harass Trump and there'll be no 6 month trial, you won't be totally ruined financially, you won't lose your house, your wife probably won't divorce you and you won't spent 6 years in federal prison. of course we can guarantee a minimal sentence! In fact Peter just had dinner with the judge last night...they're old buddies you know....and the judge assured Peter that it could be arranged no problem. "Scumbags"? We're scumbags you say? of course we're scumbags laddie! we're federal prosecutors!!"

As fearless as general Flynn says he has been, then that makes the rest of the post completely irrelevant. If he's a real man, he does not cop to the plea.
at this point i'm quite content to leave to others who may read this exchange the decision of which of us is irrelevant
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #619
minn19
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 GT350, 16 F150, 16 428 GC

Quote:
Not to mention this patriotic hero was willing to sell his influence etc to help a guy like Erdogan. Thatís when I was done with him.
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #620
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
If [Flynn is a] real man, he does not cop to the plea.
Easy to say when you're not the one being destroyed by the most powerful law enforcement agency in the world.

If people aren't aware... The FBI was bankrupting the General and threatening to do the same to his son. He finally pleaded guilty to stop the bleeding; probably assuming the President would eventually issue a pardon anyway. I view this act of falling on a sword as his best and most honorable option. He was pleading to a bogus charge to protect his family from financial ruin.
arkie638.00

07-13-2018, 09:39 AM   #621
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:

Ah, yes. And we're back to the Mueller investigation is so thoroughly corrupted that they're intentionally railroading a completely innocent man and his family in order to try to get dirt on Trump.

The frightening thing is that you almost certainly truly believe that shit, don't you?
Appreciate 2
Zlaatan474.00

07-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #622
glennQNYC
Space Force Door Gunner
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:

Ah, yes. And we're back to the Mueller investigation is so thoroughly corrupted that they're intentionally railroading a completely innocent man and his family in order to try to get dirt on Trump.

The frightening thing is that you almost certainly truly believe that shit, don't you?
To use your words... Almost certainly truly yes, but don't let that frighten you.
      07-14-2018, 09:10 AM   #623
hooligan_clt
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
To use your words... Almost certainly truly yes, but don't let that frighten you.

The fact that American voters actually buy in to conspiracy theory bullshit like that frightens me very much, actually. I've been saying that since the 9-11 "truthers" came out. This is simply another incarnation of that, IMO, with the parties now reversed.
Appreciate 0