E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Opinion Needed on Potential Purchase...

05-21-2007, 05:21 AM   #1
Durin's Bane
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 335i

Opinion Needed on Potential Purchase...

Hi guys.

I am looking to trade my car in, and was wanting to hear your thoughts on what I wanted to purchase...

Firstly, I won't wait for the E92 M-Sport kit... two guys at Trivett said they were 12 months away, due to the huge demand for the existing E92. :mad:

I was thinking of a Sapphire Black E92 325i with the works... I think it comes to around $110K. Plus, I was planning to have the aero kit installed (sans rear spoiler) with 18" 193M wheels from the accessories department. The sales guy quoted a vehicle delivery date of October though... :mad: (or November if I am looking for a 335i). I was at Trivett Classic on Friday and saw a few cars, but nothing with all the options I wanted. So I will have to order. So... what do you guys reckon? I haven't seen a car with that combination yet, and if anyone had any pics that would be great.

BTW, the guy I spoke to mentioned that the new M3 will be $185K!! They said this was to maintain exclusivity... Damn, if this is true, with all options and ORC's etc. we are looking at a $200K+ car!
2010 BMW 123d Coupe - Sapphire Black, Lemon Leather, Walnut Trim, Sunroof, Comfort Access, Professional Hi-Fi, CD Stacker, Professional Navigation, Heated Seats, Front & Rear PDC, BMW 18" Performance Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911 Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durin's Bane View Post
The sales guy quoted a vehicle delivery date of October though... :mad: (or November if I am looking for a 335i). I was at Trivett Classic on Friday and saw a few cars, but nothing with all the options I wanted. So I will have to order.
Sounds like a great car Durin.

I had no idea the wait would be so long. It would drive me crazy. I am very impatient.

Can you get a car with most of your desired options sooner?

What interior trim are you going for?

Quote:
BTW, the guy I spoke to mentioned that the new M3 will be $185K!! They said this was to maintain exclusivity... Damn, if this is true, with all options and ORC's etc. we are looking at a $200K+ car!
That is very expensive. You can get a new 997 911 for $200,000 drive away now.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 06:05 AM   #3
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
Durin, do you need brand new, if I was spending $110k drive away I'd try to haggle for a 335 Coupe with about 2-3,000km on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 06:23 AM   #4
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
My Gf is from NZ and her dad goes to those porsche outings, where they let him drive all of there models and its free... heard of them, you need an invite?
i would jump on that shit.... frickin cars are expensive out there... GL

Oh... i hope those pics. in your sig. are of your wife and you are in love....
if not you've got some serious issues
very beautiful btw
      05-21-2007, 06:32 AM   #5
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielt View Post
Durin, do you need brand new, if I was spending $110k drive away I'd try to haggle for a 335 Coupe with about 2-3,000km on the clock.
You could but mine !!!

It's very clean.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #6
docbeemer
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 SG 335i

If you're willing to pay $110k plus in oct for a 325, it might be possible that, by that time, there may be a 335 ex-demo available (maybe not your exact colour combo but it will be almost fully loaded anyway) for a more reasonable price. My car came in at $126k on the road. It's a risk but something to consider?

BTW have you driven both the 325 and 335? If sheer power is not that important then 335 may be less important to you. But you need to remember that on your resale, the options are worth virtually nothing- it's almost always about the engine. Just something else to consider.

You'll get fewer speeding fines in a 325!

Also, if you can get any accessories added AFTER you buy the car, you will avoid paying the luxury car tax that applies on ALL the options you get factory fitted. And I don't knnow about NSW but in Victoria members of the BMW car club can get discounts from the parts and service dept of Doncaster BMW. See if BMW car club of NSW is similar- you may save $$$
      05-21-2007, 06:42 AM   #7
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
the car you are looking at sounds overpriced for a 325... for that money, i probably woildn't be buying a bmw... but if this combo is what YOU want, then why not go for it? it is a car for YOU to drive, and to put a smile on YOUR face!

and as for the m3... ASIF you would pay that much for it... i would DEFINATELY not be paying that... i would be buying a REAL sports car, like a porsche, for the same price
      05-21-2007, 07:35 AM   #8
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Hi guys.

I am looking to trade my car in, and was wanting to hear your thoughts on what I wanted to purchase...

Firstly, I won't wait for the E92 M-Sport kit... two guys at Trivett said they were 12 months away, due to the huge demand for the existing E92. :mad:

I was thinking of a Sapphire Black E92 325i with the works... I think it comes to around $110K. Plus, I was planning to have the aero kit installed (sans rear spoiler) with 18" 193M wheels from the accessories department. The sales guy quoted a vehicle delivery date of October though... :mad: (or November if I am looking for a 335i). I was at Trivett Classic on Friday and saw a few cars, but nothing with all the options I wanted. So I will have to order. So... what do you guys reckon? I haven't seen a car with that combination yet, and if anyone had any pics that would be great.

Nice choice on the E92 325i, but $110k is just way to much! I suggest shopping around and checking out a few other dealerships and doing the aggressive haggle. IMO 18" is just not quite big enough for the E92, you've gotta get 19"s on it. Also there is no waiting list on the E92 325i coupes you should be able to find one relatively similar to what your after in stock somewhere in sydney.
As for the tool trying to give you M3 pricing, he has no idea and BMW Aus has reiterated that it will be priced on par with the outgoing M3, which means around $165-170 drive away depending on options etc. His probably just testing the water to see if he can make a few more thousand out of you. I'm pretty sure BMW realise that hitting the $200k-ish mark will push a lot more people into the Porsche camp and would want to steer well clear of that.
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:45 AM   #9
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW //MPOWER View Post
Nice choice on the E92 325i, but $110k is just way to much! I suggest shopping around and checking out a few other dealerships and doing the aggressive haggle. IMO 18" is just not quite big enough for the E92, you've gotta get 19"s on it. Also there is no waiting list on the E92 325i coupes you should be able to find one relatively similar to what your after in stock somewhere in sydney.
As for the tool trying to give you M3 pricing, he has no idea and BMW Aus has reiterated that it will be priced on par with the outgoing M3, which means around $165-170 drive away depending on options etc. His probably just testing the water to see if he can make a few more thousand out of you. I'm pretty sure BMW realise that hitting the $200k-ish mark will push a lot more people into the Porsche camp and would want to steer well clear of that.
Its like you posted for me i totaly agree with what MPOWER said. You should go for a 335 in that price range IMO. I heard estimations of the M-sports kit being available at the end of the year. If you have patience like me you should be able to wait. That sales rep is a douche 185k for an M3 yeah whatever
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
BMW //MPOWER
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
Its like you posted for me i totaly agree with what MPOWER said. You should go for a 335 in that price range IMO. I heard estimations of the M-sports kit being available at the end of the year. If you have patience like me you should be able to wait. That sales rep is a douche 185k for an M3 yeah whatever
Lol, you know what they say mate! Great minds think alike!
BMW E46 325Ci M Clubsport Carbon Black
BMW E36 318i Alpine White M Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #11
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

So true
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:55 AM   #12
1q2w3e4r
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Rep
Drives: BMW

Wait and see, the M3 will be in the $175k+ bracket. SA told me they were expecting a 5-10% price hike on it as he asked me if I was interested in one when I picked up the 335.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:59 AM   #13
Chris.G
Banned
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Wait and see, the M3 will be in the $175k+ bracket. SA told me they were expecting a 5-10% price hike on it as he asked me if I was interested in one when I picked up the 335.
Well if true that really isn't good for BMW's sales IMO. I mean i would rather pay for a demo 911 then pay 175k + ono costs for an e92 M3. Only time will tell.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
Like 1q2w3e4r has hinted, if you express enough interest in the upcoming M3 the dealer will take you out for a day at the track when it arrives. (just don't mention to the dealer it's overpriced before you get to the track!!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #15
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

A 5 month wait for a 325 or 335 coupe is ridiculious and I wouldn't stand for it. There are a lot of cars out there for that sort of money which are just as good and arguably just a stunning. I don't doubt they have plenty of orders for them but I also think BMW are limiting the numbers coming in so they keep the value up. I'm sure if you got them on paper for a deal and said your signature would go on if the delivery was confirmed for no more than 3 months, they would make it happen.

As for the $200K M3 - The only people that would please would be current E46 M3 owners as their cars value would not plumet too much with the new M3 release.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 06:01 PM   #16
CaptOz
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.G View Post
You should go for a 335 in that price range IMO.
Durin - let me know when you want to pop round to look at the car. I'll have it ready for you.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

lol at buying accessories from the stealership. with the internest today, and with the competitive aftermarket accessories availablem why would u buy overpriced oem gear.

and at that price, the m3 looks way overpriced compared to an audi rs4 which can be gotten out the door for about $160k, NEW, optioned up
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
ritual44
Rep
Drives: TBA

I was told to expect the M-Sport kit around late Sept.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #19
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Hi guys.

I have a November delivered fully loaded black saphire 335i coupe with 19" wheels/i pod changer/tinted windows/paint and leather protection/heated seats/upgraded stereo/rear blind etc that cost me $123K (Without stamp duty) I think i'll take $110k for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 08:23 PM   #20
noidea
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

is BMW a must for you. If i have the chance to do it again i will go for the Audi TT. So regret now
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #21
NeoJB
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I'm sorry. I have to chime in here. I'm originally from the UK and I've noticed that the prices of the 6cyl+ BMWs in Aus are a COMPLETE rip off - I've been here for a while but still won't get into the Aussie mindset for European car pricing. The 4cyl cars aren't too overpriced but the $20K difference in price for going from a 320 to a 325 is just madness. Let's not even talk about 330 and 335 prices.

I can afford, and would love to own a 335i, but knowing that I am paying tax on tax (that antiquated LCT and crazy stamp duty) of my hard earned is enough for me to put an artificial ceiling on what I'll ever spend in Aus on a car (which is around $70K MAX).

In the UK, a fully loaded 325i M-sport will cost within the region of $75K otr and the new M3 will be around AU$125K on the road.

I'm sorry, but paying near to $200K for an M3 or RS4 is just daylight robbery. That's nearly new Ferrari money in the UK!!!

Much to my dismay, this means that I will be boycotting most European performance cars whilst I remain in Aus...I'm glad BMW saw some sense with their 130i pricing in keeping it in line with the rest of the world so for now, I have (relatively) affordable 6cyl performance and I only paid half the cost of a new 335 :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #22
astra
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 325Ci Individual

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by walbjj View Post
lol at buying accessories from the stealership. with the internest today, and with the competitive aftermarket accessories availablem why would u buy overpriced oem gear.

and at that price, the m3 looks way overpriced compared to an audi rs4 which can be gotten out the door for about $160k, NEW, optioned up
buying online and from the US and UK seems the way to go now for car parts

ok, another person who thinks the new m3 will be overpriced, what does this make now, the millionth person? exclusivity, is that what they want? they threw exclusivity out the door when they started making cars is South Africa... one could argue too that when they produced anything less then a 7 series the brand was no longer in the same league as it used to be, cars used to be only available to the super rich or famous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritual44 View Post
I was told to expect the M-Sport kit around late Sept.
order from overseas and you would be the first on the block with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
is BMW a must for you. If i have the chance to do it again i will go for the Audi TT. So regret now
if you regret buying your car, why are you throwing your money at it now? all these new mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJB View Post
I'm sorry, but paying near to $200K for an M3 or RS4 is just daylight robbery. That's nearly new Ferrari money in the UK!!!
that's it, i'm packing up and moving to the UK