E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Sirius radio CIC?!

04-27-2015, 05:26 PM   #45
wepio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzy View Post
What year is your car? Anything 2011+ already has a Sirius tuner built into the car radio and only needs a fsc code to enable it..
Unfortunately, it's a 2009, so there isn't a built in tuner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarFan View Post
Have you considered the Sirius/XM app from your phone? If you have an existing Sirius?SM account its free. Otherwise its discounted. I bought a lifetime subscription in my weekend car in 2008 and now I use the app whenever I'm in the commuter. Actually sounds a little better and no longer drops in tunnels or under bridges. And it turns out I can use it in Hawaii.
I believe the app would still require an aux connection, in which case, I would just use Pandora. For long trip, I connect my iPod via my phone's hot-spot and Pandora will play through S6FLA 'USB/Audio interface'.

Well, thanks you guys for your replies. For a clean integrated install, albeit ridiculously expense, looks like the receiver is it.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 05:32 PM   #46
jezzy
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 E91 325xi Black Wagon

I had to get BMW apps loaded on my CIC unit. I opted for c16 known as v41 firmware to avoid having to buy a fsc code too. But since I'm at an older firmware.. This doesn't give me BMW live or internet or google live etc.. But my BMW radio and apps work.. So I'm haply enough!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 10:37 AM   #47
Maniac0908
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 07 335xi Sedan

Sorry to bring up a old thread. I just got a cic retrofited in my 07. Cic came out of a 09. Also got a 12 combox. My car was prewired for sirius. I was told to hook up antenna to combox. When i go to sirius it just say acuiring. I know on my cic unit it had the sirius logo and hd radio. Do i still need a module? Or is something wrong?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #48
reeltime
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Sorry to bring up a old thread. I just got a cic retrofited in my 07. Cic came out of a 09. Also got a 12 combox. My car was prewired for sirius. I was told to hook up antenna to combox. When i go to sirius it just say acuiring. I know on my cic unit it had the sirius logo and hd radio. Do i still need a module? Or is something wrong?
Haha wow this is an old thread.. uhh not sure to be honest, I did this retrofit back in 2012. I do remember, however, that I needed the Sirius module. I?m not too sure what the ?combox? is so don?t quote me on that but in the ?09 335i, if you were pre wired for Sirius all you needed was the Sirius module and coding to get the option activated in your iDrive. Once the module was installed and the option coded in, I was good to go!

Good luck

Appreciate 0