E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Supercharger stuff (MILVs+AA+BPC)

12-17-2020, 12:54 PM   #1211
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Are you going to Vstack the headlight to a turboguard or something?

Or just have the filter element exposed via ducting?

It looks super ricer unless you are a drag dedicated car etc. But that is just me...maybe if you can make it clean looking it would not be so bad.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 09:10 PM   #1212
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 2007 SC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddvegas View Post
Quote:
Do any of y'all have the KN part number handy? It seems like all the images in the thread load on the app except the one I need. Fml. Gonna get my hands on a halogen fixture this week. Gonna try my hand at being a dummy again.
Are you going to do one of those headlight intakes?!

You wildin'
Yeah :,) I just want to not be scraping the dog piss out of my fender liner anymore!
Yeah that design was not good, hence I stopped mine short! One excessive turn w my 245 fronts and I pinch that tube closed! Not loving that idea... I never understood how you guys could fit that piece without restriction the flow w pinched line. Like my headlights too much, for now, to cut them up but like the air flow idea
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 09:32 PM   #1213
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

It looks super ricer unless you are a drag dedicated car etc. But that is just me...maybe if you can make it clean looking it would not be so bad.
Honestly, if I could vstack it in an inconspicuous way like my family member's hellcat, I would totally do it that way... I was thinking of doing the entire headlight as a housing, but I agree with what you're saying. It will be driven sparingly on the road but I don't like the idea of the trashy look either. I know the BMS cowl-less filters help air pass on through... so I wonder if at highway speeds, if I could find a way to implement the filter in the way ESS did it to the z4, right next to the body of the Intake manifold, and let the snorkels, vstack, vents on hood, and the cowl-less filters move all the fresh air through... I wonder how much drag I'll experience, though. ;-; I should have bought a dragy while it was on sale to data log.
      12-17-2020, 09:50 PM   #1214
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Honestly, if I could vstack it in an inconspicuous way like my family member's hellcat, I would totally do it that way... I was thinking of doing the entire headlight as a housing, but I agree with what you're saying. It will be driven sparingly on the road but I don't like the idea of the trashy look either. I know the BMS cowl-less filters help air pass on through... so I wonder if at highway speeds, if I could find a way to implement the filter in the way ESS did it to the z4, right next to the body of the Intake manifold, and let the snorkels, vstack, vents on hood, and the cowl-less filters move all the fresh air through... I wonder how much drag I'll experience, though. ;-; I should have bought a dragy while it was on sale to data log.
Been running this for years and been working well, sim to Z4 but a little further away from engine and pointing into fender.
E92 328i|6MT|ESS SC VT-1 (G.2)|3 stage|22 RPD SC/Meth tune|AA Headers|Snow Performance Meth Injection|Rotiform KPS|R139|PS4S 275.245.19|M3 front|M3 side skirts|MTEC rear|Akrapovic C tips|Koni Sport (Yellow)|Eibach PS|Hotchkis SB|C high-kick spoiler|C mirror Covers|C trim|LCI tails|M3 Control arms|M3 MS|Black E trim|Black kidney's|Full LED Conv|BMW F30 370/345 BBK|ECS SS|ECS Strut Tower Brace|034 Engine-Trans-Rear Mounts
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2020, 10:35 PM   #1215
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattlesquash View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Been running this for years and been working well, sim to Z4 but a little further away from engine and pointing into fender.
I was scrolling through pics in thread earlier... meant to respond to you sooner, just had to drive real quick. I was going to ask: is your engine bay the one with the K&N clamped onto the hard plastic inlet?
      12-17-2020, 11:31 PM   #1216
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I was scrolling through pics in thread earlier... meant to respond to you sooner, just had to drive real quick. I was going to ask: is your engine bay the one with the K&N clamped onto the hard plastic inlet?
Yeah man, that's the one, been working well... and if you like intake sound even better! I dig it more now w new pulley as I hear charger more through the setup... nice whine. Not like the wife, this is a good one!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #1217
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah man, that's the one, been working well... and if you like intake sound even better! I dig it more now w new pulley as I hear charger more through the setup... nice whine. Not like the wife, this is a good one!
LOL nice! The only reason I did not jump to that setup was because I was worried about it being right next to the unit (heat soak and all that shit) but if you say it's golden, you saved a set of housings. >
      12-18-2020, 12:40 AM   #1218
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL nice! The only reason I did not jump to that setup was because I was worried about it being right next to the unit (heat soak and all that shit) but if you say it's golden, you saved a set of housings. >
Yeah been great, and with Meth even less concerns... and like I mentioned main reason to me was since orthogonal design/routing was not good IMO
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:41 AM   #1219
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah been great, and with Meth even less concerns... and like I mentioned main reason to me was since orthogonal design/routing was not good IMO
Lol original* design. And don't have to worry about sucking up water in my climate here
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 12:54 AM   #1220
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Seattlesquash I was thinking the same thing about the methanol... I just need to figure out the best way to route it.😂
Got a sweet tank, a bad ass kit from snow, and I just need to take advantage of this stellar weather.
      12-18-2020, 01:25 AM   #1221
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Seattlesquash I was thinking the same thing about the methanol... I just need to figure out the best way to route it.😂
Got a sweet tank, a bad ass kit from snow, and I just need to take advantage of this stellar weather.
Congrats! Yeah I run their 2.5 kit and been great! Cool gauge too!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2020, 02:46 AM   #1222
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I saw a housing like yours for the gauge pods :,) need to see about snagging it. I want to add a couple temp gauges, as well. Since, ya know... I have that 06 "let's monitor fuel eco." nonsense going on.
      12-18-2020, 10:25 AM   #1223
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I saw a housing like yours for the gauge pods :,) need to see about snagging it. I want to add a couple temp gauges, as well. Since, ya know... I have that 06 "let's monitor fuel eco." nonsense going on.
You can call the show, they fabricate the pod out of billet l/alum I think. ATI and others make one, but don't buy them - they look like garbage and feels cheap/flimsy. If you reach out to my shop I am sure you can buy theirs which is far better quality/look. Ask me how I know - tossed the old one
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2021, 02:18 AM   #1224
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can call the show, they fabricate the pod out of billet l/alum I think. ATI and others make one, but don't buy them - they look like garbage and feels cheap/flimsy. If you reach out to my shop I am sure you can buy theirs which is far better quality/look. Ask me how I know - tossed the old one
Happy new year guys! Have a great 2021 my friends and may our rides run better than ever!
Appreciate 1
Biginboca3761.50
      01-07-2021, 06:12 PM   #1225
Minutes2Midnight
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 328i

Just thought I'd share this car that I'd never heard of before. It's a twin charged N52 that was a SEMA build.

https://www.pasmag.com/features/vehi...n-ac-schnitzer

Appreciate 2
      01-07-2021, 06:48 PM   #1226
Biginboca
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 328i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minutes2Midnight View Post
Just thought I'd share this car that I'd never heard of before. It's a twin charged N52 that was a SEMA build.

https://www.pasmag.com/features/vehi...n-ac-schnitzer

Wow! Turbo’ed, Supercharged, and Nitrous. That’s quite a build!
Appreciate 2
Noir883.00
      01-07-2021, 09:08 PM   #1227
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got a new grille, and like the look, makes it look a bit newer and for once a cheap upgrade!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Noir883.00
Eagle1oh7286.50
Torgus3781.50
      01-07-2021, 09:10 PM   #1228
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Got a new grille, and like the look, makes it look a bit newer and for once a cheap upgrade!
And picture w help!
Appreciate 1
Noir883.00
      01-08-2021, 03:03 AM   #1229
Noir
Major
United_States
Rep

I wanna know whatsup with that manifold 👀 like, that is so sick.
      01-18-2021, 07:48 PM   #1230
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The shop just posted the blog, on the work on our E92 328i. As i mentioned previously, highly recommend them, and see attached if you want some more info with a bit more knowledge behind it, than when i relate stuff!

https://www.22rpd.com/blog/350whp-n5...w-we-got-there
Appreciate 5
Noir883.00
Torgus3781.50
Biginboca3761.50
houbmw65.50
      01-19-2021, 11:19 AM   #1231
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
The shop just posted the blog, on the work on our E92 328i. As i mentioned previously, highly recommend them, and see attached if you want some more info with a bit more knowledge behind it, than when i relate stuff!

Think you will ever push for more?
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2021, 01:08 AM   #1232
Seattlesquash
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Think you will ever push for more?
I may, this is a daily so going gently. But tough to stop, if so I may open up exhaust a bit and could obviously increase rev limit if I looked for max numbers. But even now, it's an incredible car, and power so smooth/usable.
Appreciate 0