E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > Syncrodesignworks E chassis Xdrive monoball thrust arms

10-26-2022, 12:21 PM   #1
Richm240xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240xi

Syncrodesignworks E chassis Xdrive monoball thrust arms

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hi guys, I have a pair of syncrodesignworks monoball thrust arms, with less than 4000 miles on them. They completely changed the steering feel of the car and are a great upgrade over stock! The only reason I’m selling them is because I’m returning my car back to stock, to trade it in. If you guys are local I can do zelle or cash or if you guys want it shipped i can do PayPal so we have protection on both our ends. PM me for my number so I can send additional pics, you can see them on their website as well. Thank you

Last edited by Richm240xi; 06-01-2023 at 08:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 12:14 PM   #2
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Syncrodesignworks front control arms

What was your take on NVH transmitted back into the cockpit. Knowing the condition of some of the roads around NYC, you probably have some experience with this. I run 17" rims with 45 tires and the KV1 coil-overs.

Thanks, Peter
Appreciate 1
whyzee1251659.00
      05-23-2023, 04:34 PM   #3
Richm240xi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Morrin View Post
What was your take on NVH transmitted back into the cockpit. Knowing the condition of some of the roads around NYC, you probably have some experience with this. I run 17" rims with 45 tires and the KV1 coil-overs.

Thanks, Peter
Hey Peter sorry I never answered this post, it was before I was fairly active on here, and there was definitely more nvh not necessarily in the cabin but more so through the steering wheel, it’s hard to describe, I guess you can call it feedback. They felt great on smooth roads but unfortunately here in New York that’s not the majority of roads so it was too much for me on my daily driver. Just a note I had 18 inch rims on my car at the time so your experience may differ with the meatier tires. I ended up switching to power flex red bushings which I felt was a happy medium, not as smooth but not as harsh either on bad roads
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2023, 09:50 AM   #4
Peter Morrin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90(sedan) 328xi

Monoball versus Urethan bushing in x-drive Thrust Arms

Thanks for your update. I am replying for the benefit of others debating on which way to go with the front Thrust arms on the x-drive platform. Due to the unique configuration of the x-drive front suspension, the M series control arms are not an upgrade option as they are with RWD cars. This leaves either polyurethant bushings or monoball bushing for the inner joint in the OEM arm.

The monoball option seems to represent the ultimate in steering response improvement, but as noted, does increase NVH to a degree. The degree to which this is an issue, will depend on individual taste, the use of the car, and the quality of the roads one drives on, and the tire/wheel choice.

In my case I chose to use the Powerflex bushings (PFF5-5701) pressed into my original arms. This is for a daily driver over crappy roads in all seasons. I run 225/45-17 in the summer and 205/55-16 in the winter. I noticed a slight improvement in steering response which was likely due to the combined improvement of the new front suspension components, but it was not dramatic. On the positive side, I do not detect any increase in NVH with the Polyurethane bushings. To date, I have not had any negative squeeking either.

Hope this helps anyone looking to upgrade this item on their x-drive cars
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 12:08 PM   #5
catvideos
Rep
Drives: 325xi

removed

Last edited by catvideos; 06-07-2023 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 08:47 PM   #6
Richm240xi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by catvideos View Post
@Richm240xi you still trying to sell these? I cant PM but text me at 7329832913
Sorry buddy, I never updated this thread but I sold them awhile ago
Appreciate 0