E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Gun possession. yes or no?

Closed Thread

08-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #353
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

My gun saved my life and my car last week, from three attackers one that had a crow bar, one of them was a violent ex convict it took the cops 25 minutes to arrive after I called 911, it's like they say the police are only minutes away when you only have seconds to spare, I'm just so thankful for my gun rights! Thanks to my gun no one was hurt and the situation was safely neutralized until the police came.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 09:20 PM   #354
bigbacon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofthedemo View Post
My gun saved my life and my car last week, from three attackers one that had a crow bar, one of them was a violent ex convict it took the cops 25 minutes to arrive after I called 911, it's like they say the police are only minutes away when you only have seconds to spare, I'm just so thankful for my gun rights! Thanks to my gun no one was hurt and the situation was safely neutralized until the police came.
More info?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #355
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbacon View Post
More info?
Long story, short. I hired an individual to install coilovers, he installed them incorrecly and my car wasn't even driveable when he finished the work, so I paid him half, and asked him to come back the next day and finish it at which time I would pay him the rest of the money, he came back the next day demanding more money,yet he expressed that he decided he wasn't going to finish the job, however he still wanted me to give him more money. He became very demanding, I refused to pay more unless he finished the job, after that he left, he came back with two other men and a crow bar in his hand, he was threatening me, saying: ''I'm gonna take what you owe me'' as they all were approaching me and my car, at that time I was able to retrieve my pistol out of my trunk, and call 911, I was able to prevent them from attacking me and/or my car thanks to my gun rights, so I'm thankful for them!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #356
mxa121
Major
Rep
Drives: M

got through the first few pages, then got bored with the arguing.

I agree with many that people kill people. If you cut off the ability to purchase and possess firearms, crime will INCREASE. We may have a lot of crime now, but take guns from law abiding citizens and that crime will skyrocket.

Just ask Australia. Their government banned personal firearms. They destroyed hundreds of thousands of their citizens guns. In a year from that, violent crime, break ins, and assaults with weapons was greatly INCREASED.

It is true, if you take a gun from a person who wants to kill, they will find other means. So do not take away the right to arm someone who only wants to protect.

I like that reference to the cold war preventing nuclear attacks. The same applies. This is why the others make references to this not happening in Texas. Fear the armed...

Say you are a thief... If you see two houses, one has a sign of an NRA supporter, the other a "guns kill people" sign, which house would you break into????
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #357
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Long story, short. I hired an individual to install coilovers, he installed them incorrecly and my car wasn't even driveable when he finished the work, so I paid him half, and asked him to come back the next day and finish it at which time I would pay him the rest of the money, he came back the next day demanding more money,yet he expressed that he decided he wasn't going to finish the job, however he still wanted me to give him more money. He became very demanding, I refused to pay more unless he finished the job, after that he left, he came back with two other men and a crow bar in his hand, he was threatening me, saying: ''I'm gonna take what you owe me'' as they all were approaching me and my car, at that time I was able to retrieve my pistol out of my trunk, and call 911, I was able to prevent them from attacking me and/or my car thanks to my gun rights, so I'm thankful for them!
So does the state you live in allow you to protect your property with deadly force?
      08-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #358
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Should have shot him, that's aggravated assault. One less scumbag.
      08-21-2012, 12:31 AM   #359
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
It can be argued that guns are intended to defend yourself with. Nevertheless, guns and cars both have high body counts. You seem to think gun owners think a certain number is an acceptable loss for the right to defend yourself. What is YOUR acceptable body count to be able to travel at whatever time is convenient for you? Don't forget to include deaths from environmental destruction.
So, kameri....I assume your non-response means the 32,000 deaths per in US car crashes is an acceptable loss for your convenience. How much higher would you go, because that's a record low?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 04:32 AM   #360
kingofthedemo
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
So does the state you live in allow you to protect your property with deadly force?
I live in Tennessee but the assualt happened in Arkansas, I prevented harm and neutralized the threat, to me that's success, I would not kill unless it was the only possible way for survival, in self defense....

Last edited by kingofthedemo; 08-21-2012 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread