E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > What?s my 335i worth?

01-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
tmick5jr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

What?s my 335i worth?

Hey everyone, coming to you to get an idea of what my car is worth. It?s a 2007 335i coupe with white exterior and black interior. It has the sport package with the manual transmission which I know is pretty rare. It has the brushed aluminum trim also. 130k miles on it but it literally runs like brand new and shifts like butter. With your eyes closed you would feel that it?s a brand new car. I bought the car a few months ago for my 100 miles round trip daily commute but I will soon be buying a new m2 because I no longer need to travel that kind of distance. It?s a beautiful car all in all. If anyone could give me an idea of what my specific spec?d car is going for I would really appreciate it. Thank you! Here are the few mods it has and some of the maintenance done in the past 3k miles as well as some pictures.

Maintenance
-walnut shell blasting
-oil filter housing gasket
-oil cooler housing gasket
-brand new BMW OEM 335is clutch kit
-oil change, transmission fluid flush, and all new plugs and coils

Modification
-black kidney grilles
-bmw performance shift know with alcantara shift boot
-jb4 tuner
-catless downpipes
-hks blowoff valve
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:56 AM   #2
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmick5jr View Post
Hey everyone, coming to you to get an idea of what my car is worth. It?s a 2007 335i coupe with white exterior and black interior. It has the sport package with the manual transmission which I know is pretty rare. It has the brushed aluminum trim also. 130k miles on it but it literally runs like brand new and shifts like butter. With your eyes closed you would feel that it?s a brand new car. I bought the car a few months ago for my 100 miles round trip daily commute but I will soon be buying a new m2 because I no longer need to travel that kind of distance. It?s a beautiful car all in all. If anyone could give me an idea of what my specific spec?d car is going for I would really appreciate it. Thank you! Here are the few mods it has and some of the maintenance done in the past 3k miles as well as some pictures.

Maintenance
-walnut shell blasting

Modification
-black kidney grilles
-jb4 tuner
-catless downpipes
-hks blowoff valve
What's the book on it
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:57 AM   #3
tmick5jr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Quote:

Maintenance
-walnut shell blasting

Modification
-black kidney grilles
-jb4 tuner
-catless downpipes
-hks blowoff valve
What's the book on it
It seems as though these cars sell for much more than what the book says so it?s pretty much irrelevant
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:59 AM   #4
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unrulyteach View Post
Quote:

Maintenance
-walnut shell blasting

Modification
-black kidney grilles
-jb4 tuner
-catless downpipes
-hks blowoff valve
What's the book on it
It seems as though these cars sell for much more than what the book says so it?s pretty much irrelevant
I was just asking to use that as a base
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #5
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

You will never get an exact value only a range by researching various sites like KBB, NADA, Carmax, Autotrader, etc, etc. Never go to the dealer to see how much they will low ball you if you trade, unless you want to get a good laugh.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #6
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

I would say that you're at the bottom end because of the lack of options (Nav, PDC, ect..), high miles, and that the car has been modified. 7K would be a fair guess considering what's on the market.
      01-10-2018, 11:42 AM   #7
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
It's a shame how much these cars have devalued given the performance they are capable of. But yeah, i'd say around 7k give or take. Given it is modified, unless you are willing to go back to stock, it will take longer(usually) to find the right buyer. Especially if you are asking a premium for the modifications over the stock value of the car.

Given you just put a clutch in it I would keep it. It's going to be faster than your M2 with the N55 if that matters at all. Also, you are moving on to a slower, heavier, and considerably more expensive car.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #8
Alloyed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 N55

Beautiful car, and obviously well maintained. However, it's been my own experience that you only get a fraction of the original cost of the mods back, if anything.

The exception to this would be finding a fellow enthusiast who can appreciate what you have done to the car. It's hard to say what the exact value is since I don't know all the options on the car, but my estimates would be:

Dealer trade in: $5-6K
Private party: $7-8K

The above estimates are based on KBB (I know, not always accurate; for example you see well maintained low mileage E39 M5s often sell for significantly more than their KBB value.) If you can find someone who is looking for your specific car or something close to it, and can appreciate the modifications and maintenance you have put into the car, I think you could do better than $8K.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 01:48 PM   #9
Mashman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

I'm a bit confused. You are asking the cars value, yet you purchased the car "a few months ago"? How much did you pay for it? Well, since you were a recent comparable sale, I would say that whatever you paid for it, would be market price.

I could close it but I feel doing so would be a victory for the thieves....
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #10
tmick5jr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashman View Post
I'm a bit confused. You are asking the cars value, yet you purchased the car "a few months ago"? How much did you pay for it? Well, since you were a recent comparable sale, I would say that whatever you paid for it, would be market price.
I
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:16 PM   #11
waqas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

I would ask 10K for it. white/black 6 spd coupe w/ sports package is harder to find than the average IMO.
IG: @motorsportbands
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:17 PM   #12
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 2010

Quote:
no they dont these cars have terrible resale value. Mods don't add value.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2018, 02:18 PM   #13
tmick5jr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoJohny33 View Post
Quote:
no they dont these cars have terrible resale value. Mods don't add value.
Mods aren?t a big deal I can just take them off. Manual transmission are worth a lot more in my area because there are so few. It was the only one on Craigslist at the time and I was lucky enough to snatch it up
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #14
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep

Quote:
Mods aren?t a big deal I can just take them off. Manual transmission are worth a lot more in my area because there are so few. It was the only one on Craigslist at the time and I was lucky enough to snatch it up
335is around here are between 5-8k. Id never pay more than 8500 for an old e90. You are going to be disappointed in what you get for it after putting a new clutch in it.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 04:58 PM   #15
RocketSurgeon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Manual, CBR650F

Guys all over ask $10k or better for 07 or 08 cars with well over 100k miles. They never actually sell for that. Based on your year, mileage, and condition, you're in the $7k-$8k range. I sold a clean 2007 335i sedan with 107 on it for $7k.
The concern over mods is that the car was pounded. Obviously the buyer could swap back to stock, but that's not the point. Modded cars tend to get thrashed, that reduces the value.
Appreciate 1
MTK24484.50
      01-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #16
tmick5jr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
335is around here are between 5-8k. Id never pay more than 8500 for an old e90. You are going to be disappointed in what you get for it after putting a new clutch in it.
350 dollars for a clutch installed by myself isn?t breaking the bank so sorry buddy not too disappointed
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #17
BravoJohny33
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
Guys all over ask $10k or better for 07 or 08 cars with well over 100k miles. They never actually sell for that. Based on your year, mileage, and condition, you're in the $7k-$8k range. I sold a clean 2007 335i sedan with 107 on it for $7k.
The concern over mods is that the car was pounded. Obviously the buyer could swap back to stock, but that's not the point. Modded cars tend to get thrashed, that reduces the value.
This.. I avoid any modded car.
Appreciate 2
      01-11-2018, 07:43 PM   #18
chester22
Private
Rep
Drives: 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
It's a shame how much these cars have devalued given the performance they are capable of.
If by shame you mean fantastic...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #19
asiflicious
Captain
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
This.. I avoid any modded car.
I refuse to touch any car that's been modded by anyone but me and anyone with half a brain will feel the same way. Only an idiot buys a modded car
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:08 AM   #20
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiflicious View Post
I refuse to touch any car that's been modded by anyone but me and anyone with half a brain will feel the same way. Only an idiot buys a modded car
If you know how to check a car , you feel confident to troubleshoot and repair a possible future issue and if you know the car well enough there absolutely nothing wrong with buying a modded car. You'll be savings 1000s in parts / labour

Also the guys that usually mods their cars are the ones that take care of their cars the most and the ones that keep on top of the maintenance schedule and repairs . On the contrary a lot of the stock cars out there are driven hard , maintenance schedule is ignored because people just do not care, its just a car that will get replace in 3-5 years

This rule does not apply to all , but to most

If anything guys that are afraid to buy modded cars are the ones that have little idea about mods or about the car itself or about doing the work themselves if something breaks

To me there is nothing wrong with a lightly or even medium modded car, maybe a heavily modded car may be a bit scary , but not because there is something wrong with them , just because I ll be the first one to admit , I do not know enough about these cars to fix them myself.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:09 AM   #21
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Op in the general market your car is probably worth 7-8 k

but you may get that right buyer that would appreciate the mods you have and you may get the 9-10k you are looking for , however this may take a lot longer to sell. It all depends on how fast you want to get rid of it and if you want to wait for the right buyer
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2018, 07:14 AM   #22
unrulyteach
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Return the car to stock and sell the parts one by one
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00