E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Whats the most gains for an n52 06 330i??

04-01-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
aznboi330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Man

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Lightbulb Whats the most gains for an n52 06 330i??

I was wondering after installing everything you can such as an intake, exhaust, BMS tuning, and whatever else you can do with it.

What would be the final outcome of hp and torque on the vehicle?

I've been very curious because I've seen some people spend thousands of dollars on these 330i's. I mean is it all really worth it in the end???

I wanna know all this cause I own a 330i myself haha.

So yeah if anyone can answer me it be great!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

Worth it, not really when you can pick up a 335 for less if your looking for "basic power."

Filter the power generality, and when you crave a powerful/smooth NA motor, it becomes worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
issabmw
cool beans
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi

If you want forced induction, keep an eye out for Gavin@MMW. Supercharger is coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #4
aznboi330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by issabmw View Post
Worth it, not really when you can pick up a 335 for less if your looking for "basic power."

Filter the power generality, and when you crave a powerful/smooth NA motor, it becomes worth every penny.
Hmm true, but yeah I'm going to have this car for a looooong time which is why I'm asking all this. Cause I dont want to spend all this money to be disappointed in the end.

Any suggestions for intake? I don't think I'm gunna bother with changing the exhaust or anything. If anything like you said I'll just move up to a 335i or in the future an M3 (I wish) XD
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 01:38 AM   #5
LaLakers91tc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi330i View Post
I was wondering after installing everything you can such as an intake, exhaust, BMS tuning, and whatever else you can do with it.

What would be the final outcome of hp and torque on the vehicle?

I've been very curious because I've seen some people spend thousands of dollars on these 330i's. I mean is it all really worth it in the end???

I wanna know all this cause I own a 330i myself haha.

So yeah if anyone can answer me it be great!!
Here's the breakdown of what I have, and the prices when new (I bought some stuff used to save cash)
gruppe m rep cf closed intake- $700
BMS powerbox- $300
Scoops - $40
Meisterschaft exhaust- ~$1200
Eisenmann catless, resonated SR midpipes -$800
And then heavy, wide VMR wheels which slow the car down a bit

and to be honest, it sounds great, has a much livelier feel, but I barely pull a car on a bone stock 330i, run dead even with my friends G35 auto coupe... and probably have maybe 15 crank hp out of all this. Maybe wit a better tune such as AA or OE (which I plan on doing soon) I will feel more a difference.

The return is not very good in terms of power on these cars, but I will admit that my car is intoxicating to drive with the throttle response, handling, and sound, and in the end of the day it is worth it to me
If I wanted a fast straight line car, I could have got an SRT4 neon like one of my friends has, and smoked most cars on the road for less than the purchase price of my used bimmer...

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #6
aznboi330i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLakers91tc View Post
Here's the breakdown of what I have, and the prices when new (I bought some stuff used to save cash)
gruppe m rep cf closed intake- $700
BMS powerbox- $300
Scoops - $40
Meisterschaft exhaust- ~$1200
Eisenmann catless, resonated SR midpipes -$800
And then heavy, wide VMR wheels which slow the car down a bit

and to be honest, it sounds great, has a much livelier feel, but I barely pull a car on a bone stock 330i, run dead even with my friends G35 auto coupe... and probably have maybe 15 crank hp out of all this. Maybe wit a better tune such as AA or OE (which I plan on doing soon) I will feel more a difference.

The return is not very good in terms of power on these cars, but I will admit that my car is intoxicating to drive with the throttle response, handling, and sound, and in the end of the day it is worth it to me
If I wanted a fast straight line car, I could have got an SRT4 neon like one of my friends has, and smoked most cars on the road for less than the purchase price of my used bimmer...
Thanks for letting me know man! I think im just going to stick to aesthetics then! Your car is a beauty man! Maybe i'll get like that one day! XD

So basically all this just gave you better throttle response time,sound and handling
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #7
LaLakers91tc
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi330i View Post
Thanks for letting me know man! I think im just going to stick to aesthetics then! Your car is a beauty man! Maybe i'll get like that one day! XD

So basically all this just gave you better throttle response time,sound and handling
yeah, and a subtle bump in power. With lightweight wheels/tires, and a better tune I might be able to feel it more. That is what's on the horizon for my car

unless of course Gavin's supercharger comes out soon

Previous SGM E90 330i (R.I.P.)
Appreciate 0