E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Sluggish power at low rpm PLEASE HELP

11-25-2019, 10:34 PM   #1
E90_Berger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi

Hello

I have a 2011 E90 328xi with 117k miles. 2k miles ago I had the eccentric shaft sensor replaced by Active Autowerkes and the car ran perfectly.

Last week the car started having a sluggish / power surge problem at low rpm's. Roughly between 2-3k rpms but once it gets out of it the car takes off normally. It has no cold or warm start problems. It idles perfectly. My dad was thinking it's the fuel injectors so to do the cheap thing first I bought liqui moly fuel injector cleaner. That didn't fix anything. I did just do a oil change with liqui moly too.

I had been reading a lot of the forums with my car and engine. People were saying the vanos solenoid. So today I replaced both of them and it is still giving me the same issue. Oh yeah the car isn't throwing any codes. There isn't any check engine or service engine lights on. The only light I have is the service light that comes on when I turn the car on but I only thought that was because I need to replace the brake pads because that light has been on before this issue happened.

PLEASE HELP I just don't know and if I can't fix it I will I just don't want to keep now buying parts after parts and it not fix it or should I just take it back to Active Autowerkes?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #2
Nurf
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 LCI Black 328i Xdrive

How has your MPG, or Idling? Any ticking louder then normal from the front of the engine?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #3
E90_Berger
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurf View Post
How has your MPG, or Idling? Any ticking louder then normal from the front of the engine?
I found the issue. Thanks for the help and reply. I just needed to changed the spark plugs. Lol
Appreciate 0