E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > battery compartment filled with water!

08-05-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
hansonwheel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e91

battery compartment filled with water!

I know it's the middle of summer but I thought I would post what happened to me last winter. The seatbelt/airbag warning light came on out of the blue. My local mechanic informed me that the battery compartment was filled with water shorting out the airbag sensor/explosive device on top of the battery! To make a long, long story short it turned out that the sunroof seal was bad and that water was leaking (somehow) down the vent tubes which are close to the battery compartment and flooding it.

I've read on other posts that there are other causes of water in the battery compartment. Just wanted to give this heads up to anyone who might experience the same problem. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
gotjnco
Cubano!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 & 2011 E82 1M

thank you for letting us know... i on the other hand... had the issue caused by someone.

Someone left an ice box in my trunk, it tipped over and my trunk got flooded... I had to dry it up with a towel, and fan out... all the sensors, audio and everything else went out... Took about a week to get everything back to normal and get rid of the smell...
Appreciate 0