E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bmw performance exhaust CLONE

07-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
bo-vice
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6spd

bmw performance exhaust CLONE

hey yall,

After doing some research, i think its safe to say that hands down the best aftermarket exhaust for my 330i is bmw's own performance exhaust..

NOW, in trying to avoid spending over a grand on the system.. i was hoping to hear from some of you with experience to see what makes the PE sounds so especially good. From what i can tell from pictures, it looks like the system gets rid of the rear resonator and replaces with them straight thru pipes..? Besides that, its whatever is going on inside the rear muffler..

What im looking to do is try to re-create a custom exhaust set up to replicate that systems sounds as close as possible..for much cheaper. (i fabricate/modify or buy a dif muffler)

can anyone confirm that the PE system does indeed get rid of the resonator?
Also, can anyone pipe in on what may be going on inside the rear muffler compared to the stock rear muffler? And maybe even what other aftermarket muffler might come close to replicating the same sound?

thanks!

** if anyone else out there has attempted to do the same, please post sound clips! **

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 12:47 PM   #2
Ali-E90
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 323i (Cdn)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [8.00]
2007 BMW 323i  [8.50]
Research PE mod

They opened up a real PE and reverse engineered it.