E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo ride along report

05-25-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Slidewayz
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Vishnu/FFTEC single turbo ride along report

I finally made it over to FFTEC today to check out the cars (creaminz ride is sick).

Shiv offered to give me a spin in his machine...who am I to refuse ?

The combination of exhilaration and sheer terror is a given with the brutal, unrelenting acceleration. I kid you not, 3rd gear revs like first gear on an FBO with stock turbos. If there's lag, I sure didn't feel it, even from a low rpm pull.

If I have a criticism, it is that I think even more love needs to be given to the suspension at these power levels. It would be very, very easy to get in bad trouble with this much power on tap...imagine losing it when it breaks loose at 100mph and jacks sideways really hard.

This is no joke...you guys with this kit need to be careful !

What really struck me is how drivable and docile it is when you're not WOT. Personally, I hate laggy dyno queen setups, so I found it highly encouraging that Shiv's car was still torque-y at low rpms and not rattly or twitchy like some high strung overtuned turbo 4 cars.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #2
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Awesome man...600+ rwhp 3 series is just crazy as it sounds. can't wait for that 6 hour drive down to so cal. On my way up, i had couple cars wanted to play and one gray GTO that kept on staging, pulling, staging, pulling, I just couldnt risk it since i was only couple hours to FFTEC, but to be honest I think could have pulled on him with my old TT setup...oh how I wish I run into him ever again
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

I went over today too, met Mike, all smiles looking at the engine bays, hearing the dyno and Creaminz car. I went to early for a ride along but it was very cool to see Creaminz car in person.

An N52 turbo in the future! I hope more people get a wishful thought to Vishnu to get it started out!
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #4
JamesM3M5
Some dude
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Hi.Red.Devil View Post
I went over today too, met Mike, all smiles looking at the engine bays, hearing the dyno and Creaminz car. I went to early for a ride along but it was very cool to see Creaminz car in person.

An N52 turbo in the future! I hope more people get a wishful thought to Vishnu to get it started out!
That would be an interesting but odd project since the 335 is so readily available. Turning an NA ECU into an FI ECU is not easy or ideal by any means. Alusil/Magnesium block may not be able to hold a lot of extra HP, Valvetronic adds complexity, and the transmissions on the N52 aren't nearly as strong. The 335i is an easy upgrade that comes with so many other upgrades in the drivetrain that it doesn't make sense to mess with FI on the N52.