E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Help. Jb4 install gone wrong.

03-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #1
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Help. Jb4 install gone wrong.

Small sub connector pictured will not come out at all. This is the connector provided by burger tuning. Already broke the bottom plastic trying to get it. If anyone in the area can help me that would be awesome. In a pretty shitty spot right now. 09 135i
Attached Images

03-06-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The connector is literally fused into the slider I don't know wtf is wrong with it.
      03-06-2015, 09:11 PM   #3
amond003
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Sedan

There is a little release on the back side if I remember correctly. I had a pick I used to press it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 09:13 PM   #4
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amond003
There is a little release on the back side if I remember correctly. I had a pick I used to press it
So you can take the surrounding bracket off?
      03-06-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
Supra2k6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

theres a release on the side it's a small square. A pick or small screw driver pressed in allows you slide out the harness. Read the install instructions i'm pretty sure it shows you there.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #6
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra2k6
theres a release on the side it's a small square. A pick or small screw driver pressed in allows you slide out the harness. Read the install instructions i'm pretty sure it shows you there.
Well I broke that clip off already so you could say it "unclipped" the thing is just so stuck
      03-07-2015, 12:08 AM   #7
07chupacabra
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

Stick a nail file in there or something, I can help you out tomorrow if needed. There is a little peice you have to push back for it to unlatch and then you can push/pull it out.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2015, 12:35 AM   #8
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07chupacabra
Stick a nail file in there or something, I can help you out tomorrow if needed. There is a little peice you have to push back for it to unlatch and then you can push/pull it out.
Thanks I'll pm you if I can't get it. It would have to be a really thin nail file. It's unclipped just stuck
      03-09-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
davidkotok
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

i guess it could be an odd motion the first time you do it, but first of all it will slide out easily - its merely a carrier for it and just plastic on plastic, the issue you are having is undoing the latch while sliding it out. there should be a youtube that shows the motion and steps. first install can be frustrating, took me a few to get good and definitely couldnt start my car the first time due to the orange wire pin not being completely pushed in - stay calm and pay attn and you will get it this time.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 01:57 PM   #10
twinboost_MD
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidkotok
i guess it could be an odd motion the first time you do it, but first of all it will slide out easily - its merely a carrier for it and just plastic on plastic, the issue you are having is undoing the latch while sliding it out. there should be a youtube that shows the motion and steps. first install can be frustrating, took me a few to get good and definitely couldnt start my car the first time due to the orange wire pin not being completely pushed in - stay calm and pay attn and you will get it this time.
Hey thanks it was stuck because it was too big for the carrier. That connector was suppose to go into the slot on the right. I finally got it though and it slid right into the connector it was suppose to be in.

I took a blow dryer to it so the plastic would expand a little bit. Took some time but the sob came out and I got the car started. Thanks for the help guys
      03-10-2015, 12:35 PM   #11
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

glad you got it worked out, When i removed my buddies it was a pain!