E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > car doesn't pull like before.

05-13-2015, 11:25 PM   #23
long335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

i was running map5 by the way.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #24
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Your timing is awful. Seems like you need better gas and the backend flash. But we cannot seem much from the screenshot, as I mentioned earlier.

Again, read up on n54tech. You need attach the full csv file or post them on datazap.

Enable multi cylinder timing as well. All the information is on n54tech...
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
long335i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
Your timing is awful. Seems like you need better gas and the backend flash. But we cannot seem much from the screenshot, as I mentioned earlier.

Again, read up on n54tech. You need attach the full csv file or post them on datazap.

Enable multi cylinder timing as well. All the information is on n54tech...
I always use 93 Mobile gas, should i try Shell instead? and what causes my timing to be off like that? sorry im a newb to tuning.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 02:30 PM   #26
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by long335i View Post
I always use 93 Mobile gas, should i try Shell instead? and what causes my timing to be off like that? sorry im a newb to tuning.
It could be just a shitty batch of gas at wherever you filled up last time. But other than that, there could be many other things causing whatever issues you are having. Can't really help without some solid information (i.e. logs...).
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 02:54 PM   #27
long335i
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
It could be just a shitty batch of gas at wherever you filled up last time. But other than that, there could be many other things causing whatever issues you are having. Can't really help without some solid information (i.e. logs...).
I took out my jb4 since it was throwing out these codes p114b and p114d, after i took it out, those codes went away along with the SES light and everything seems to be fine and driving driving good now but still not pulling like before, im guessing it's turbo leak. im very frustrated with my car but thank you for trying to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2015, 03:10 PM   #28
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by long335i View Post
I took out my jb4 since it was throwing out these codes p114b and p114d, after i took it out, those codes went away along with the SES light and everything seems to be fine and driving driving good now but still not pulling like before, im guessing it's turbo leak. im very frustrated with my car but thank you for trying to help.
Well... If I were you, I would leave the JB4 on and put it in stock boost mode (map 4). Do a couple of real logs with multi-cylinder timing activated. With some decent log data, you can determine a lot of things... Like whether you have a boost leak, misfires, injector issues, weak fuel pumps, and etc. Plus you can pull BMW specific codes from the JB4 directly, instead of relying on some generic OBD reader, which is what it seems like you have been using.

Getting frustrated doesn't help, these cars are tricky to get them to run right. Unless you plan on spending tons of money at the dealership again, it helps if you have a better understanding of how these engines work or at the very least present decent data when you are asking for help over the internet...
Appreciate 0