E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E92 Android Head Unit - FM Radio Signal Loss

01-21-2018, 08:29 AM   #1
EffectOne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 325d

E92 Android Head Unit - FM Radio Signal Loss

Hi all,

I have done a search on the forum and I found a thread which discussed this briefly. However, I really am new to this business and I am tearing my hair out trying to understand exactly what it is I need to do.

I have installed an android head unit into my 07 E92 (an Xtrons model, if that makes a difference). Being my first aftermarket head unit install, it took bloody ages! However, for the most part, everything is hooked up and working. I have connected the 12v yellow power lead to a permanent live in the fuse box using a piggy back.

Unfortunately, I have no FM radio reception whatsoever. From GoogleFu and the thread I mentioned above, I understand that these BMWs contain a powered FM amplifier, and there is a blue power lead that needs to be connected to something (potentially a pin the quadlock harness) in order to feed power to the amplifier. However, I have also read that it needs to be connected to an ignition circuit in the fuse box. Even I know those are two very different things!

Can someone please help me with exactly what it is I need to do? Unfortunately, the pictures on other threads I have found are no longer available and so I am stuck looking at a mass of cables with no idea!

Amusingly, when installing the HU, I distinctly remember wondering with my mate what the 'ANT' label referred to when we were checking that the cables we needed had all been connected (or so we thought...).

Eternally grateful for any help. I am sure some will laugh, but I really feel out of my depth with this and the quadlock harness just looks like a mass of cabling to my inexperienced eye.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0