E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DC Metro area service thread

05-04-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

DC Metro area service thread

I couldn't find a major thread that tracks the service departments for all the dealer in the area, so maybe we can use this one as a reference.

Please share your service experiences good or bad with dealerships or independent shops in the DC/NOVA/MD area.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #2
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
I couldn't find a major thread that tracks the service departments for all the dealer in the area, so maybe we can use this one as a reference.

Please share your service experiences good or bad with dealerships or independent shops in the DC/NOVA/MD area.
I have good comments about Tischer in Silver Spring, MD.
Both for service and parts department.
They give 20% off for BMW CCA members.
I will be visiting them in June for an oil change and software update.
Wish me luck. I will post comments on that after I get my car back.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 11:09 AM   #3
cycler2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i Sedan

I've had service at both Tischer and Passport, my selling dealer.

Tischer took good care of me when I experienced some car preparation problems, after taking delivery at the Performance Center, no less. Service Manager, Scott Oliver is a good guy and was very helpful. They offer loaners for any kind of service, even if you did not buy your car from them.

I wanted to try Passport, my selling dealer, so I had them do a post-break-in oil change and address a passenger seat motor vibration problem. The oil change was uneventful--they charged $109, which is apparently the going rate at D.C. area dealers. I got the dreaded "no problem found" for the seat vibration problem, however, which looked to me to be a lumbar support motor problem or a short in the related electrics. Peter Bradunas is my service advisor, who was recommend by Peter Brizan, my CA. Mr. Bradunas is a nice guy, struck me as very knowledgable about the car, and then seemed eager to make his service customers happy.

I just made a second appointment at Passport to address a metallic ticking sound coming from the engine block/valve train area. This problem is the subject of a number of threads on this site. http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...+ticking+soundhttp://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...+ticking+sound

I was disappointed at Mr. Bradunas first words after I described the problem: "That's normal," he said, having never heard the sound. When I told him there are several internet posts about the problem, he responded that such posts are not moderated and, implicitly, are not credible. I told him that the noise is quite noticeable on cold starts and he suggested I leave the car overnight. I said that's fine and asked for a loaner car. He responded that Passport gives loaner cars only for factory maintenance, not warranty service. I reminded him that my CA and Passport's ads tout "Free loaner for life," with no qualification. He declined to give me a loaner. This is not the kind of customer service I expect from my selling dealer and hardly the same customer satisfaction orientation I observed on my first visit.

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed with Mr. Bradunas' response and Passport's policy. I think I will bring my car to Tischer for service from now on .
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #4
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Great Thread idea

fyi heres another useful link that has dealers kudos and gripes for ref:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37063

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-04-2007 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0