E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Installed my MILVS!

11-13-2019, 04:33 PM   #23
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volasko View Post
Why did you remove the headers? The noise?
Inspections

I was getting tired of swapping them once a year just to pass visual inspection. Car always passed OBD inspection. However, VA has visual part and that is where they would fail me. So i would spend whole weekend working on the car. After installing MILVS, I felt i had nothing to lose by removing headers, so they came off and I sold them.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 01:11 PM   #24
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
There is only one place to buy MILVS from - Marty (aka CobraMarty), who was unfortunately banned from this forum. You can buy it from his website google: bimmer milvs

At the time of install, there was only one tuner who supported milvs mod. I am not aware that anyone else supports them. TUne is developed by Bob from BPC, now Stage FP. http://stagefp.com/product/sfp-n51-n52-tune/

MILVS are $350 - one of the chepast mods you can buy. I would pick this over headers any day. (after I installed these, I actually ended up removing my headers)
Tune is $650 or $750- worth it
Plus you get about $45 back when you send him your old supports.
      11-14-2019, 01:14 PM   #25
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by W37V View Post
Inspections

I was getting tired of swapping them once a year just to pass visual inspection. Car always passed OBD inspection. However, VA has visual part and that is where they would fail me. So i would spend whole weekend working on the car. After installing MILVS, I felt i had nothing to lose by removing headers, so they came off and I sold them.
That would suck!

I have done numerous header installs across many platforms...and the BMW was one of the most irritating of them all.

Hell...the Long-tubes I put on my Corvette only took me about 2 hours.

If anyone is looking to add headers to these cars...do yourself a favor and get a brand that are proven to have good fitment. Even with perfect fitment, it's still a PITA job!
      11-14-2019, 08:12 PM   #26
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That would suck!

I have done numerous header installs across many platforms...and the BMW was one of the most irritating of them all.

Hell...the Long-tubes I put on my Corvette only took me about 2 hours.

If anyone is looking to add headers to these cars...do yourself a favor and get a brand that are proven to have good fitment. Even with perfect fitment, it's still a PITA job!
+1

AA fitment was good. I actually got it down to about 2 to 3 hours for each swap - depends on amount plastics that needs to be removed.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00