E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Unhappy with JBSPEED

02-23-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

So I decided to finally order a set of matte black grills and ended up finding jbspeed on the vendor forum. I ordered it Saturday and received it by Friday.

I got around to installing it yesterday as it was a little warmer in Chicago. But it wouldn't fit the clips wouldn't line up.

I look at the website and realize I received the lci grills as I counted the fins in the picture. 12 fins in the lci and 13 or 14 in the pre lci grills

I emailed jbspeed with a pic thinking that it'll be an easy fix he'll send me a new one and I'll ship these back. The response I got was:

"Hi we have sold hundred of them and we never had this problem. I'd suggest you install it again. If you still have problem, please go to a bodyshop for help. I can provide you as many installed pics as you want to prove the fitment"

I thought the response was ridiculous told him I was sent the lci grills not the pre lci and said I hope he corrects this situation before accusing me of failing to install them correctly when I sent you pics.

Then he says they'll email me a label and to ship back the old ones and they'll send me the new ones. So I have to wait another week or 2 with shipping to receive the correct grills. When it was their error or their vendors error. Why should the client be put out.

I just wanted him to ship it out first so I get the grills quicker then I'll ship the wrong grills back in the box the correct ones came in.

Now I think I'm just going to order them from another vendor then get a refund from jbspeed.

Last edited by unjukeable; 02-23-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #2
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjukeable View Post
So I decided to finally order a set of matte black grills and ended up finding jbspeed on the vendor forum. I ordered it Saturday and received it by Friday.

I got around to installing it yesterday as it was a little warmer in Chicago. But it wouldn't fit the clips wouldn't line up.

http://s13.photobucket.com/user/Unjukeable/media/Ruckus/null.jpg.html][IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...uckus/null.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I look at the website and realize I received the lci grills as I counted the fins in the picture. 12 fins in the lci and 13 or 14 in the pre lci grills

I emailed jbspeed with a pic thinking that it'll be an easy fix he'll send me a new one and I'll ship these back. The response I got was:

"Hi we have sold hundred of them and we never had this problem. I'd suggest you install it again. If you still have problem, please go to a bodyshop for help. I can provide you as many installed pics as you want to prove the fitment"

I thought the response was ridiculous told him I was sent the lci grills not the pre lci and said I hope he corrects this situation before accusing me of failing to install them correctly when I sent you pics.

Then he says they'll email me a label and to ship back the old ones and they'll send me the new ones. So I have to wait another week or 2 with shipping to receive the correct grills. When it was their error or their vendors error. Why should the client be put out.

I just wanted him to ship it out first so I get the grills quicker then I'll ship the wrong grills back in the box the correct ones came in.

Now I think I'm just going to order them from another vendor then get a refund from jbspeed.
that was a shitty response IMO. as long as you get the right products on your hands now and its all good. and yeah shipping is a con of online shopping, we still need to understand that vendors cant 1-day items or else they'll be in the negatives....

if you still have the lci grills and want to unload them lmk i might be interested for the right price
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep

i understand about the 1 day shipping not being possible I don't even want that. I just want him to ship the correct grill first then once that comes in i'll send back the lci ones back.

haha if i wasn't sending them back for a refund I would sell them to you.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 07:43 PM   #4
JBSPEED
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Rep
Drives: None

I have told you we will email you the return label next week and send you a replacement. First I didn't know we sent you the wrong one that's why I asked you to install it again. I never refused to refund you or exchange it for you and if you insisted to get the refund I will refund you once you ship the grills back first with the return label. As soon as I get the confirmation from you I will refund you. Do not worry.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 07:49 PM   #5
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBSPEED
I have told you we will email you the return label next week and send you a replacement. First I didn't know we sent you the wrong one that's why I asked you to install it again. I never refused to refund you or exchange it for you and if you insisted to get the refund I will refund you once you ship the grills back first with the return label. As soon as I get the confirmation from you I will refund you. Do not worry.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
I didn't say you refused to refund or exchange the part. I am just un happy that to get the new part I have to wait to send the part back then wait to receive the correct one. Rather than you send the new part then I'll send the old one back.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #6
JBSPEED
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjukeable View Post
I didn't say you refused to refund or exchange the part. I am just un happy that to get the new part I have to wait to send the part back then wait to receive the correct one. Rather than you send the new part then I'll send the old one back.
I totally understood you and I'm sorry we have to go through the process, but either way, I'll solve this problem asap.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #7
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

I'm actually on the vendors side with this one. How on earth can jb speed guarantee that you will ever sent the old grills back if they do it your way. Think about it. Not saying you are a person that would do something like that, but still, there is no way jb could know either...
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 02:23 PM   #8
WRichieX
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e93 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
I'm actually on the vendors side with this one. How on earth can jb speed guarantee that you will ever sent the old grills back if they do it your way. Think about it. Not saying you are a person that would do something like that, but still, there is no way jb could know either...
Actually I totally get the OP's issue but reading the response from JBSpeed, it seems there was just a simple communication error? Not sure. But with any vendor I have ever dealt with and had some issue like this, the vendor would always send out the replace first and provide a return shipping label in the new product. Usually, they say something like "if you don't return the original within x amount of days, then we will charge your credit card for full amount." Which is fair. And I'm talking a range from few dollar items to thousands. Customer should always come first.

07 BMW 335i E93 6MT (Praying neighborhood doesn't get flooded...again)
04 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT (Flooded)
08 Audi TT 2.0T DSG (Flooded)
03 Subaru WRX 5MT (Flooded)
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2014, 02:33 PM   #9
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRichieX View Post
Actually I totally get the OP's issue but reading the response from JBSpeed, it seems there was just a simple communication error? Not sure. But with any vendor I have ever dealt with and had some issue like this, the vendor would always send out the replace first and provide a return shipping label in the new product. Usually, they say something like "if you don't return the original within x amount of days, then we will charge your credit card for full amount." Which is fair. And I'm talking a range from few dollar items to thousands. Customer should always come first.
^
This

I'm not saying JBSPEED is bad and no one should ever order from them. I probbably will order something from them again in the future (maybe). Just that I am unhappy how this situation was handled.In my experience I have always had the replacement shipped out first as well with the same understanding that if I didnt return it I would be charged again.
Appreciate 0