E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Stay AWAY from EU AUTO HAUS.. Liars/crooks/disrespectful/garbage

01-03-2014, 05:51 PM   #1
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Stay AWAY from EU AUTO HAUS.. Liars/crooks/disrespectful/garbage

http://www.euautohaus.com/

Bought a diagnostic cable/software from these guys, emailed them and they told me it works for windows 8 64bit even though there site says it doesn't.
I bought it with the emails saying it will def work on my computer, and it did not work on my computer, matter of fact it made my computer crash twice! Had to get the laptop looked at from a tech friend of mine to restore it to working order. They wanted to log into my computer and help me set it up, after my computer had crashed from there shady, horrible software. Then they thought I would ship my expensive laptop to them for them to fix it!! Same dudes who sell this crappy software and made my comp crash because they told me it did work on windows 8 64bit, wanted me to ship my computer on my dollar back and fourth to them for them to hack on!

I asked to return the product because it didn't work, and I obviously had no use for it, since I needed a product that would work and they basically called me a liar, that in fact it did work and that I just wanted to return it. I don't want to drag the emails in, but just the most disrespectful, horrible customer service I have ever dealt with in my life!

Please stay away from this shady, crappy product website!
I have dealt with sooo many companies throughout the years with my BMW's, AMG's and my Porsche, but this is by far the worst!!
      01-03-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

I would also post in the vendor feedback section bro - sorry about your experience!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #3
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
I would also post in the vendor feedback section bro - sorry about your experience!
Thanks man! Maybe a mod can move it to the appropriate section.
Just helping future members who might stumble upon there website for BMW diagnostic cable/software package from them.
      01-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #4
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
Thanks man! Maybe a mod can move it to the appropriate section.
Just helping future members who might stumble upon there website for BMW diagnostic cable/software package from them.
Cable does work I'm running win 8 64 bit with a dcan cable fine
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Oh absolutely this place gets far more traffic- better to get the word out!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Sucks man, good to expose this crap.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #7
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

I have the exact same cable as on their pictures. Got it for $15 on ebay, they sell it for $60+ oO
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:53 PM   #8
chronos6
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi Le Mans

Garage List
If the website said it doesn't work, then why risk it and ask. That's like asking to get screwed.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #9
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos6 View Post
If the website said it doesn't work, then why risk it and ask. That's like asking to get screwed.
As you can see they sell a lot of different software packages, so the email I sent was asking if they sell anything for windows 8 64bit on the site, and the link they sent me to and reassured me that would work on windows 8 64bit, is the product I ordered.
      01-03-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
chronos6
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi Le Mans

Garage List
But if their website says one thing and they say another, I would be skeptical. At that point I would've asked whats wrong with their website. Anyways. I hope you don't have to deal with stuff like that again.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 10:47 PM   #11
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

1. Sounds like another poster here is claiming they're using it with Win 8 64-bit - are you sure this is the problem?

2. If it really is an OS compatibility issue, and this is the product you want to use, you may want to look into virtualization. If you're savvy enough, you can download something like VirtualBox and build out a virtual machine (VM) for a 32-bit OS or other back-level OS. You can run your VM of the 32-bit or back-level OS right from within your Win 8 64-bit environment - problem solved. This can be handy for plenty of other reasons, as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 08:14 AM   #12
Agentphish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 328i

Why use windows 8 in the first place. Ugh.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #13
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos6 View Post
But if their website says one thing and they say another, I would be skeptical. At that point I would've asked whats wrong with their website. Anyways. I hope you don't have to deal with stuff like that again.
i was, but there emails were very re-assuring and professional. Once they took my money, that all changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
1. Sounds like another poster here is claiming they're using it with Win 8 64-bit - are you sure this is the problem?

2. If it really is an OS compatibility issue, and this is the product you want to use, you may want to look into virtualization. If you're savvy enough, you can download something like VirtualBox and build out a virtual machine (VM) for a 32-bit OS or other back-level OS. You can run your VM of the 32-bit or back-level OS right from within your Win 8 64-bit environment - problem solved. This can be handy for plenty of other reasons, as well.
I think someone else said they have the same type of cable ( which are all over ebay), not the same package from them. Not the software package and download process that they give with the disc's, i never got far enough to use the cable to see if that is the main problem, the software install was the issue, most likely a compatibility issue maybe.
      01-11-2014, 12:44 PM   #14
EUAutoHaus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Service

Reply from EU Auto Haus:

In regards to this thread which was brought to my attention by a new client of mine, I will add the following:

The poster, which I will not mention by name, has slandered me and my company without reason. This is not the action of a classy person.
I and my partner have been working on computers before there was an internet available to the civilian population and have been working on EU automotive electronics almost as long!
This poster, emailed back and forth many times. ALL European auto manufacturers have designed and developed their softwares in a 32-bit environment. However, I assured him that we have gotten it to work in a Windows 8 64 bit environment with some tweaking. It is no different than what we do in a Windows 64 bit environment. We do not advertise it to work in a 64 bit environment because without modifications to the operating system's environment it will not. If running a 64 bit platform, it needs to be 'Ultimate' edition not a 'Home' edition. This was explained prior to purchase. I also offered to help remote into his machine to set everything up. He kept giving me the run-around. When I went on Christmas vacation I had my partner handle this. He kept dodging my partner as well. He stated that his computer crashed several times. We have never heard this happen after handling thousands of clients. We offered to have him send us the computer to fix, configure and test but he declined. He wanted a refund. I offered a refund minus the restocking fee. He argued about it. Finally, I just told him to send everything back and we will work it out. What was sent to us was not the cable we sent to him. We are the only vendor in the U.S.A. to sell these cables. These are not Chinese cheap knock-off cables, which is what we recived back. I did not know this at the time as I was away on vacation but authorized a refund. So if anyone is to be called a crook it is the poster since he received a refund and kept the cable that was sold to him.

Gentlemen, I understand there are "similar" cables out there. But take it from someone who has firsthand knowledge, when you are working on an expensive, delicate vehicle such as a BMW do you really want to take a chance with a cheap copy of an actual cable? Is it really worth it? The only vendor that will stand by their cables with a lifetime warranty in the U.S. is EUAutoHaus and if you're in Europe the only other vendor that we know of is OneStopElectronics.

Normally, I would not even give this type of post the time of day. I find it very "unclassy" and it's likened to an act that I would expect from a "trailor park queen" but not someone who is civilized enough to drive a luxury automobile. Out of thousands of happy clients, it's bound to happen that one will not be happy and will try to slander you all over the web. We have had customers scam and extort us before but it has been more of a quiet thing as they probably did not want to out themselves.
I have added some attachements of specific conversation I had with this poster. We have tried many times to resolve this issue but it became clear to me that he simply wanted FREEBIES. If you want to play you have to pay.

This is the first post we've ever done here on this forum. We're just too busy these days to participate in forums although they're a wonderful thing for social interaction and business. If we can ever be of assistance to anyone you now know how to reach us so thanks to the slandering poster.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #15
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EUAutoHaus View Post
In regards to this thread which was brought to my attention by a new client of mine, I will add the following:

The poster, which I will not mention by name, has slandered me and my company without reason. This is not the action of a classy person.
I and my partner have been working on computers before there was an internet available to the civilian population and have been working on EU automotive electronics almost as long!
This poster, emailed back and forth many times. ALL European auto manufacturers have designed and developed their softwares in a 32-bit environment. However, I assured him that we have gotten it to work in a Windows 8 64 bit environment with some tweaking. It is no different than what we do in a Windows 64 bit environment. We do not advertise it to work in a 64 bit environment because without modifications to the operating system's environment it will not. If running a 64 bit platform, it needs to be 'Ultimate' edition not a 'Home' edition. This was explained prior to purchase. I also offered to help remote into his machine to set everything up. He kept giving me the run-around. When I went on Christmas vacation I had my partner handle this. He kept dodging my partner as well. He stated that his computer crashed several times. We have never heard this happen after handling thousands of clients. We offered to have him send us the computer to fix, configure and test but he declined. He wanted a refund. I offered a refund minus the restocking fee. He argued about it. Finally, I just told him to send everything back and we will work it out. What was sent to us was not the cable we sent to him. We are the only vendor in the U.S.A. to sell these cables. These are not Chinese cheap knock-off cables, which is what we recived back. I did not know this at the time as I was away on vacation but authorized a refund. So if anyone is to be called a crook it is the poster since he received a refund and kept the cable that was sold to him.

Gentlemen, I understand there are "similar" cables out there. But take it from someone who has firsthand knowledge, when you are working on an expensive, delicate vehicle such as a BMW do you really want to take a chance with a cheap copy of an actual cable? Is it really worth it? The only vendor that will stand by their cables with a lifetime warranty in the U.S. is EUAutoHaus and if you're in Europe the only other vendor that we know of is OneStopElectronics.

Normally, I would not even give this type of post the time of day. I find it very "unclassy" and it's likened to an act that I would expect from a "trailor park queen" but not someone who is civilized enough to drive a luxury automobile. Out of thousands of happy clients, it's bound to happen that one will not be happy and will try to slander you all over the web. We have had customers scam and extort us before but it has been more of a quiet thing as they probably did not want to out themselves.
I have added some attachements of specific conversation I had with this poster. We have tried many times to resolve this issue but it became clear to me that he simply wanted FREEBIES. If you want to play you have to pay.

This is the first post we've ever done here on this forum. We're just too busy these days to participate in forums although they're a wonderful thing for social interaction and business. If we can ever be of assistance to anyone you now know how to reach us so thanks to the slandering poster.

BOLD

You are the BY FAR the most horrible business and liars i have ever met in my life!!

I cannot for a second believe that you come on here to LIE and say i sent back a cable that wasn't the one that you sent! Are you kidding me! This just shows the what kind of garbage people run that company.

I dont need a cable from you, nor would i want your cable! On top of this, alot of memebers on e90post/m5board and all other forums know i am a honest guy, buy and sell stuff on the forum always, and have bought from car companies for over a decade and NEVER had a issue like this!

And to make this even better, my good friend and member on e90post was with me when i packed and dropped this cable/CD's at the post office!

Don't make yourself look stupid any further, your business is a joke.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
EUAutoHaus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Service

I do not wish to argue or discuss further. Every person has the right to defend himself once accused. Your rants on a multitude of social forums show your character. Notice that I and my partner were always polite and respectful to you. We were always willing to help. I do not like to have issues with people socially or legally. So please do yourself a favor and allow your threats to be empty threats. Thank you.
Appreciate 0