E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > eBay Searching What the hell is this ECU Mod???

08-14-2010, 02:58 AM   #23
belixxx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: euro 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erman View Post
dude by the very notion that you are "modifying input signals" that inevitably modifies "output signals"

If for example AB goes int othe box and the box "modifies the input-which is AB " to ABC. Then the output is not ABC and by definition the "output is modified"
dude, what you said is obvious to everyone I believe. Think a little, why the hell else would someone want to modify input signals if it didn't modify output signals.

I was talking about the other guy saying it modifies output signals DIRECTLY. So the ECU figures out an output on its UNMODIFIED inputs, and then that output goes into a piggy back box, than it comes out modified. Get it?

example: there are cheap solutions called E85 converters, which add +20-30% duty cycle to the injectors, by lenghtening their "open signal" on the output side of the ECU.

Now this would have different effects in different situations. For example if you did it with gasoline, it wouldn't work at all because of the lambda circuit.
However If you did this on the ignition system it would give you full control over ignition advance. Not just cancelling out ignition retard when using 91 octane fuel what the BMS seems to do.

And the MSV70 stays in closed loop at WOT.
Appreciate 0