E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Coding Out Bi Xenon

07-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Coding Out Bi Xenon

2006 330i E90 Pre Lci N52

Question:
Wanted to know if anyone has some information on coding out the Bi Xenon's.

Issue:
I'm still having issues with my passenger low beam randomly not turning on. I've replaced bulbs and ballasts and have no wires exposed/dried out. Randomly it just won't turn on and randomly it will work for 2 days then same issue.I have coded out the Adpative error due to the one adaptive module having water damage and the issue is still there with low beam. My AE turn on just fine and fogs work as-well. I take a look at INPA and no errors at this point show up for anything. Before I was just getting an Adaptive Error. Only when passenger low beam didn't turn on do I get error for that otherwise when it does work no error.

Plan:

I want to code out the Bi Xenon's to use an aftermarket HID DS1 ballast. I know I can get then and bipass the whole Bi Xenon ballast. This technically should fix the issue with low beam randomly not working. I know I can do it without coding out the Xenon's but I don't want to see all the lights on my dash.

Also I want to put a H7 HID kit on the inners to have both of them turn on when I turn my Low Beams on.

This should be possible theoretically, am I wrong? Any input would help thanks.

Last edited by Doesha; 07-11-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #2
Doesha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Pre-LCI Monaco Blue

Bump!
Appreciate 0