E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Code Scanner?

09-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
BGoode
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dinan 335i Coupe

Code Scanner?

Hey guys I'm having shit luck with my 335i, threw another "service engine soon" light, it's doing the exact same thing that happened when an ignition coil went bad. I just got out of the BMW dealership with another $100 charge just for readin the effing code.

Anybody have a scanner and willing to help me out and read it? or anyone know where I can get it read for cheap? Thanks
      09-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

I would surely help you if i had all the code and their meaning with me...

at this day and age, i am still not sure why we haven't had a pool of knowledge to come up with a single thread discussing all the possible codes for our cars...

this should be simple enough...

reading codes shouldn't be expensive, and it should be a mystery...
I just feel the pain everytime i hear someone being stolen out of their money for just knowing what the car is trying to say...

Please someone help this guy out...
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
BGoode
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Dinan 335i Coupe

Thanks man, ya I'm pretty sure it's an ignition coil again which is only a 45$ fix BUT I have no idea which cylinder needs the coil and need it read, every place I'm calling charges an hour labor $100+ just to read the code which is absurd.

If anyone can scan if for me I'd still be willing to pay compensation for your time but $100 is just mind blowing