E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dynamic Autowerx Turbochargers.

10-30-2019, 12:46 PM   #45
Lshaw
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i 6mt

Now i REALLY wish the original DAW thread wasn't deleted. Everyone would remember the roots of DAW

"Checkout these cheap ebay turbos!"
15 X5 xdrive 35i (2015-)
17 Forester XT (2016-)
Appreciate 4
SlimE92185.50
dsource47.00
Torgus3781.50
      10-30-2019, 01:13 PM   #46
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyelobes View Post
That's concerning, but also the fact that if you read through his comments, his oem had the exact same symptom and looked the same when he changed them out. SO, the oil could actually be coming from the head and not the turbos.

Reading further down the comments, he let his PCVvent to air instead of his OCC, no smoke or oil. Sounds to me like too much crank pressure not letting the oil drain and getting pushed out of the seals.

Another debunk.
Interesting point. There is a youtuber I follow who was also hyped for these turbos guess I'll see when he makes follow up videos on his as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:48 PM   #47
ragingpanda
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hexon 2.0
Appreciate 1
SlimE92185.50
      10-30-2019, 03:26 PM   #48
SlimE92
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
Hexon 2.0
Lol I called it early on.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #49
NoGuru
Major
Rep
Drives: 335is

Garage List
2021 Chevy Silverad ...  [0.00]
2002 Jeep Cherokee  [0.00]
2014 CTS  [0.00]
2011 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knerr View Post
It's NoGuru He was in on the other thread that was deleted- The guy that is relatively local to Dynamic Autowerx' shop. According to what he said on the SS thread- And what would have been said on 90post if the thread hadn't vanished, they suspect a seal failed on the rear turbo and the turbos are being taken to Shawn for him to review.

Unnecessary.
It was mine that failed. I don't have any information as to why just yet so I will post back when I have that information.
2011 335is DCT BQ Tuning / BMS CAI / VRSF kittyless DP's / Synapse BOV and charge pipe / 7" VRSF Race FMIC / Walbro 535 and 450 on BMP4 / E90 tune / Diff Brace / PR Coils / Relocation Inlets / DAW Stage3+ Turbos / MMP port injection / xHP Stage 3 / FPR and -6 fuel lines
Appreciate 4
Knerr106.00
Hoper184.00
Mizh11.00
      10-30-2019, 06:47 PM   #50
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep
Drives: 2007 6MT 335i upgraded twins

Gentlemen,

If you have nothing to add, Please- Please stop posting. All you're gonna do is cause somebody to get upset, and this will degrade into shit-talking just like the last thread did.

Also- I am now curious how this whole ranking system works? I would expect someone ranked lieutenant or captain on a forum to have that "rank" because they contribute value to conversations, but so far in my experience, that's just not the case.. Is it based purely on the number of posts? Lame.

Although I have bought these turbos myself, I think I have made it clear that I am not supporting or upselling them at all- I just want there to be evidence of whether or not They're of value based on first-hand experience. So far, there are multiple cases of people claiming they failed within x amount of feet or under 100 miles, with the exception of only one, NONE from a first-hand account, and in my opinion- NoGuru's account is the most damning so far. Others apparently had previous issues with the car and/or have been posted by someone with a stake in the game.

The whole Nick Olsen issue is also VERY interesting to me- Yet again this is an issue that was discussed in the previous thread, and would be great to have now- the guy is a known scammer that went so far as to post a "troll" meme on his Ecoboost page like some kinda cryptic 'Gotchya'

IF his turbos did fail, I doubt someone with such an upstanding character wouldn't be dragging Shawn through the dirt to get the blame off of himself- This is purely speculation of course. There is the other angle that Shawn heard what a scammer Nick is and bought him out of the turbos just to not be associated with the guy.

Might explain how the low-life bought the doc race kit.
Appreciate 1
NoGuru772.00
      10-30-2019, 11:17 PM   #51
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Bmw=trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingpanda View Post
Hexon 2.0
Hexon 3.0?

What happened to frankenturbo?
Appreciate 1
SlimE92185.50
      10-30-2019, 11:20 PM   #52
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Gentlemen,

If you have nothing to add, Please- Please stop posting. All you're gonna do is cause somebody to get upset, and this will degrade into shit-talking just like the last thread did.

Also- I am now curious how this whole ranking system works? I would expect someone ranked lieutenant or captain on a forum to have that "rank" because they contribute value to conversations, but so far in my experience, that's just not the case.. Is it based purely on the number of posts? Lame.

Although I have bought these turbos myself, I think I have made it clear that I am not supporting or upselling them at all- I just want there to be evidence of whether or not They're of value based on first-hand experience. So far, there are multiple cases of people claiming they failed within x amount of feet or under 100 miles, with the exception of only one, NONE from a first-hand account, and in my opinion- NoGuru's account is the most damning so far. Others apparently had previous issues with the car and/or have been posted by someone with a stake in the game.

The whole Nick Olsen issue is also VERY interesting to me- Yet again this is an issue that was discussed in the previous thread, and would be great to have now- the guy is a known scammer that went so far as to post a "troll" meme on his Ecoboost page like some kinda cryptic 'Gotchya'

IF his turbos did fail, I doubt someone with such an upstanding character wouldn't be dragging Shawn through the dirt to get the blame off of himself- This is purely speculation of course. There is the other angle that Shawn heard what a scammer Nick is and bought him out of the turbos just to not be associated with the guy.

Might explain how the low-life bought the doc race kit.

Lololololol!

You joined 2 weeks ago and have 15 posts. Good luck with these turbos! Anybody that's been here a while already knows how this will turn out. You have a 50/50 shot, at best.
Appreciate 1
      10-31-2019, 12:42 AM   #53
eyelobes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Never seen more people hoping for other people's hardship. What a lovely bunch of folks you are.
Appreciate 4
Knerr106.00
b92539.50
Mizh11.00
      10-31-2019, 01:49 AM   #54
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Never seen more people hoping for other people's hardship. What a lovely bunch of folks you are.
I think it's more of a warning to others.
Appreciate 2
SlimE92185.50
      10-31-2019, 08:33 AM   #55
blaster3500
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 335i

Quote:
Hopefully this does not derail the thread and will be happy to delete if requested. I truly feel bad for the people who bought into the hype and false information/advertising. I have been there and it has cost me a lot of money. From what I have seen you have been respectful and honest throughout the process, so I really hope these work out for you. Same to the others that have done the same. If these would have come to market and advertised as a possible good budget turbo I think 90% of the drama would be gone. Instead the supporters/authorized vendors were boasting that these were the best turbo to come out on this platform in 10 years, they are like nothing this platform has ever seen, they make 40% more torque than any other hybrids, been out for 2 years with zero failures, and on and on. When this was questioned or called out, the response from most was that everyone is just mad they have been overpaying for name brand turbos and were ripped off. The people with that attitude I do not feel bad for them at all. The warning signs were there and many people tried to warn them. They laughed in their face. The lack of respect is only being returned.
SlimE92185.50
      10-31-2019, 09:47 AM   #56
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase View Post
Lololololol!

You joined 2 weeks ago and have 15 posts. Good luck with these turbos! Anybody that's been here a while already knows how this will turn out. You have a 50/50 shot, at best.
Aha! Now I understand. postcount determines qualification. That makes total sense. I have not studied Mechanical Engineering and I am not a trained and experienced mechanic or a business owner! I am simply a new member pleb! thank you for your wisdom! Goodbye.

Quote:
I think it's more of a warning to others.
The "warning to others" that this thread COULD provide is empirical evidence. Not speculation and shitposting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster3500 View Post
Hopefully this does not derail the thread and will be happy to delete if requested. I truly feel bad for the people who bought into the hype and false information/advertising. I have been there and it has cost me a lot of money. From what I have seen you have been respectful and honest throughout the process, so I really hope these work out for you. Same to the others that have done the same. If these would have come to market and advertised as a possible good budget turbo I think 90% of the drama would be gone. Instead the supporters/authorized vendors were boasting that these were the best turbo to come out on this platform in 10 years, they are like nothing this platform has ever seen, they make 40% more torque than any other hybrids, been out for 2 years with zero failures, and on and on. When this was questioned or called out, the response from most was that everyone is just mad they have been overpaying for name brand turbos and were ripped off. The people with that attitude I do not feel bad for them at all. The warning signs were there and many people tried to warn them. They laughed in their face. The lack of respect is only being returned.
I think the real problem is that these turbos appeal to the ugliest side of the N54 community- the cheap side. That is not at all a drag on the people who have purchased a set of these as I am one of them, and I bought this set for other reasons as mentioned previously. Also, when I spoke to Shawn, He never claimed to me that these were any kind of major improvement or that they were better than any of the well-known brands; He did, however, make it clear that these were different than the junk you find on eBay or other sites for cheap parts, and explained what sets these apart- The biggest being that Machine work is done stateside and that these are properly balanced. Which that's another thing- Why does the idea of the Turbos being balanced cause so many people to shit their pants? It's not that complicated of a process and I could clearly see on my turbos where material had been taken away to balance the turbine and compressor assembly.

What I mean is this- as we all know with these cars depreciating so insanely fast in the States, kids with $6000 to buy the car but without BMW maintenance money are buying the cars, instantly going FBO+ and then buying these turbos and slapping them on a clapped out car.. then when something goes sideways, its obviously the turbo manufacturer's fault. My favorite example of this is the guy who was screenshotted earlier in this thread for burning oil, but then we come to find out that he already had this symptom BEFORE the new turbos were installed. He just bought new turbos without any diagnosis because someone on Facebook (or maybe someone with a high post count?) said his OEM turbos were causing the smoke.

I spoke to Shawn last night and I gained some valuable insight into the story- The thing that stood out to me the most is that he is dealing with four impersonators all riding the hype that came in the wake of vehicular DIY's video. They claim to be "authorized vendors" or whatever and are peddling straight up AliExpress garbage under Shawn's name.

Shawn claims to have been selling these turbos for 5 years now with over 500 units sold, and only two have failed as a result of manufacturer defects or premature wear.

Some of the cases of end-user misuse are a collapsed inlet causing massive overspeed of the starving turbo (image attached), a guy bought and installed the turbos himself and threatened to sue because they were faulty and not building boost from the start- only to discover that he had reconnected the wastegate solenoids backward, another had a 14lb spring and had not increased the vacuum line size on his Tial BOV which was causing severe turbo surge which resulted in a bent turbine shaft- which the user naturally claimed the turbo came like that... but I don't think even true Chinesium turbos would come that effed up. (image attached) Another was unable to hit peak boost and oversped the turbo causing premature failure. His "custom" exhaust choked al;l the way down to a 2" OUTSIDE diameter single pipe, before opening back up to the ugliest Y pipe I've ever seen. (images attached)

Now, I know to take all of this with a grain of salt, but the fact that Shawn instantly responded to me and told me a lot of what he is dealing with looks good. I asked him if he wanted to set the story straight on the forums himself, and this was his response:

"I appreciate that but no one wants to put a bad product out & things will happen, that's part of life it's the way we handle it is essentially what matters. We're not perfect but clearly we're held to a different standard than the rest.

If someone has a problem why not contact us?"

I'll be honest I have tried my best to be neutral here, but I respect that answer.

There is A LOT of mud in the water (confusion), and there are people on this page specifically who seem dedicated to making it worse. To those claiming to be "warning" others or whatever they're doing. I promise that if this company the REAL Dynamic Autowerx, not the impersonators, is selling a shit product, I will be very vocal about that. I don't mean that I will post "oh woe is me! I got tricked!" If my turbos fail prematurely AND/OR when it comes time to capitalize on that warranty, I will document it here with pictures, evidence, and a complete third party inspection. There will be Dyno charts, there will be logs, etc.

But please- If you do not have anything good to add (and by good I mean relevant to the subject- not another unoriginal Hexxon Joke) Please for fuck's sake, kick rocks. I and the others posting in this thread are not asking for advice, we are not here looking for answers, this post was not made asking "what do you think of these turbos?" this is to tell others whether or not they are shit. So far, everyone who has posted (mostly in the old thread) who actually has these on and are driving with them (with the exception of NoGuru) have not reported a failure. Nearly everything posted so far has been "so & so had this happen" or a screenshot of someone else who "installed these on two customers cars and both have failed"

/Rant
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #57
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep

Quote:
The good news is- whatever everyone is hoping for is irrelevant. Only time will tell what's actually going to happen.
Appreciate 2
      10-31-2019, 10:38 AM   #58
fredcase
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Aha! Now I understand. postcount determines qualification. That makes total sense. I have not studied Mechanical Engineering and I am not a trained and experienced mechanic or a business owner! I am simply a new member pleb! thank you for your wisdom! Goodbye.

The "warning to others" that this thread COULD provide is empirical evidence. Not speculation and shitposting.
This platform has a history of shady vendors, creating fake accounts, and praising crappy products to avoid paying vendors fees. you seem to fit this bill.
Appreciate 2
SlimE92185.50
      10-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #59
eyelobes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

I've bought them and am in the process of installing them, does that make me a vendor too? So if you say something negative you get an attaboy, and extra credit for a personal attack. But if you defend it or even say let's see what happens, you are a vendor shill?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 10:52 AM   #60
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

no stress knerr, some pople dont give a shit about progress knowledge testing operation technology failure modes facts and parts interrogation. They are happy not knowing the whole story. Says a lot about them.

Question: how the f did that vrsf silicone collapse like that? is that an oem placement inlet or relocated elbow? how do i keep that from happening to me?!

And ayo headcase, pretty sure reviewing account stats on a public forum and trying to draw any type of conclusion from that makes you a low iq loser with too much time on your hands. Maybe you need a new hobby other than shitposting and antagonizing others into derailing a thread. run along now chillrens im sick of sifting thru your bullshit finna give up on this whole forum its horse shit, impossible to get to the bottom of anything but all a yall psych issues and limited education. and if u say something else about nutswinging im just gonna assume yur gay and have a one track mind cuz i aint swingin for daw im swingin for ya jaw

quit with the shit
      10-31-2019, 10:54 AM   #61
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've bought them and am in the process of installing them, does that make me a vendor too? So if you say something negative you get an attaboy, and extra credit for a personal attack. But if you defend it or even say let's see what happens, you are a vendor shill?
yup, and apparently my name is shawn cuz i actually want to know what happened to nogurus turbos
wildddd
      10-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #62
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep

Quote:
This platform has a history of shady vendors, creating fake accounts, and praising crappy products to avoid paying vendors fees. you seem to fit this bill.
To be fair, I can see how my join date would support that point. However, if you read my posts on this subject, I have not only been singing DA's praises- in my first post I went into great detail about the nightmare caused by not delivering the product when it was promised.

All I am doing is trying to root through the muddy water here while being as neutral as I can be. There has only been one person on this thread that has really been singing the praises of DA and it's not me. The others, even the people who have bought the turbos are just trying to discuss whats going on. Then there's an army of people who are literally just shitposting.

Honestly, I shouldn't do this, and I shouldn't have to, but...
Attached is my PayPal invoice from the 30th of August. This date corroborates my initial customer service story and the timezone (GMT+03:00) that the turbos were bought in corroborates my location- Eastern European Standard Time. US Eastern time is GMT-04:00.

I do not sell anything automotive related- too fickle of business with too high an overhead to make real money and a customer base that is too spoiled and self-righteous to ever please. I have literally nothing to gain from "promoting" these turbos and I am not promoting them. I just (typically) enjoy discussing car culture and performance modifications.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:15 AM   #63
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC612 View Post
...Maybe you need a new hobby other than shitposting and antagonizing others into derailing a thread. run along now chillrens im sick of sifting thru your bullshit finna give up on this whole forum its horse shit, impossible to get to the bottom of anything but all a yall psych issues and limited education. and if u say something else about nutswinging im just gonna assume yur gay and have a one track mind cuz i aint swingin for daw im swingin for ya jaw

quit with the shit
Daaaaaammnnn!!! Buuurrrrnnnnnnn!!! You sure told them.

Maybe you should go back to grade school before you accuse others of having a "limited education".

Furthermore, you're doing the exact same shit talking that you're accusing everyone else of.

It's still baffling that people think forum posts, like the one above, are somehow meaningful. Like I said, as entertaining as a politics debate.
Appreciate 2
fredcase260.50
SlimE92185.50
      10-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #64
RJC612
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Quote:
...Maybe you need a new hobby other than shitposting and antagonizing others into derailing a thread. run along now chillrens im sick of sifting thru your bullshit finna give up on this whole forum its horse shit, impossible to get to the bottom of anything but all a yall psych issues and limited education. and if u say something else about nutswinging im just gonna assume yur gay and have a one track mind cuz i aint swingin for daw im swingin for ya jaw

quit with the shit

Maybe you should go back to grade school before you accuse others of having a "limited education".

Furthermore, you're doing the exact same shit talking that you're accusing everyone else of.

It's still baffling that people think forum posts, like the one above, are somehow meaningful. Like I said, as entertaining as a politics debate.
you missed.
      10-31-2019, 11:20 AM   #65
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep

Quote:

Question: how the f did that vrsf silicone collapse like that? is that an oem placement inlet or relocated elbow? how do i keep that from happening to me?!
I would guess the cause was that the whole inlet was shifted towards the turbo (IDK how else to explain that) the extra material at the elbow right there at the turbo caused the kink to form and then when the guy tried to spool the turbo that extra vacuum caused the whole thing to collapse.

It is a pretty tight fit for the rear inlet & a PITA to get it installed, so I can see how it was installed this way. I would feel pretty dumb if I let that happen to myself.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #66
Knerr
I Have A Condition
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilime75 View Post
Quote:
no stress knerr, some pople dont give a shit about progress knowledge testing operation technology failure modes facts and parts interrogation. They are happy not knowing the whole story. Says a lot about them.

And ayo headcase, pretty sure reviewing account stats on a public forum and trying to draw any type of conclusion from that makes you a low iq loser with too much time on your hands. Maybe you need a new hobby other than shitposting and antagonizing others into derailing a thread. run along now chillrens im sick of sifting thru your bullshit finna give up on this whole forum its horse shit, impossible to get to the bottom of anything but all a yall psych issues and limited education. and if u say something else about nutswinging im just gonna assume yur gay and have a one track mind cuz i aint swingin for daw im swingin for ya jaw

quit with the shit

you missed.
They arent wrong though. Firing back makes you look just as bad.
Appreciate 2
b92539.50