E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *Official Ohio Chat Thread*



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #2333
David1
Brigadier General
David1's Avatar
United_States
478
Rep
3,642
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

I thought you got rid of the bimmer?
__________________
2017 M2 Alpine White|Black with Blue Stitching Dakota Leather|Executive Pkg|DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 07:04 PM   #2334
JaSSon
Down with the N54.
JaSSon's Avatar
11
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: I has a E92!
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
I thought you got rid of the bimmer?
Um...No? Maybe youre thinking of the other Jas(S)on with the Space Gray E92 335i? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #2335
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Any of you local guys running E85?
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:11 PM   #2336
David1
Brigadier General
David1's Avatar
United_States
478
Rep
3,642
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Any of you local guys running E85?
I was, it's is getting impossible to find by me in Columbus.
__________________
2017 M2 Alpine White|Black with Blue Stitching Dakota Leather|Executive Pkg|DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #2337
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
I was, it's is getting impossible to find by me in Columbus.
Yeah there arent too many places down here either - Thornton's is the only place I know that carries it but there arent many of them around.

Did you do an upgraded LPFP? Did you ever dyno? What were gains approximately? Trying to figure out if its worth doing an e85 tune or not...
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 06:44 PM   #2338
Sandman614
Accepting Donations
Sandman614's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
333
Posts

Drives: Montego Blue E92
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 E92 335xi  [0.00]
Polaris area has a couple places with E85
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #2339
spkcadet
Private First Class
spkcadet's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: 2014 JGC Summit
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSSon View Post
Um...No? Maybe youre thinking of the other Jas(S)on with the Space Gray E92 335i? lol
Or me!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 09:33 AM   #2340
David1
Brigadier General
David1's Avatar
United_States
478
Rep
3,642
Posts

Drives: 09 E92 09 X5
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Columbus, OH

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Yeah there arent too many places down here either - Thornton's is the only place I know that carries it but there arent many of them around.

Did you do an upgraded LPFP? Did you ever dyno? What were gains approximately? Trying to figure out if its worth doing an e85 tune or not...
Stock pumps. I run about 3.5 to 4 gallons each tank. Never dyno, but when running with it I consistantly see 1-2 psi moore boost and better throttle response. I am running the pump flash, not the race/e85 map.
__________________
2017 M2 Alpine White|Black with Blue Stitching Dakota Leather|Executive Pkg|DCT
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #2341
The Convert
Banned
-17
Rep
303
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: midwest

iTrader: (0)

Anyone interested in a smoking deal on an fftec 6466 bottom mount kit? Comes with everything you need and has been running on my car flawlessly for ~1500-2000 miles. Just need to free some cash up ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #2342
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
I was, it's is getting impossible to find by me in Columbus.
I'm running e85 but sometimes I switch back. There are 2 within a couple miles on e Broad st in the Reynoldsburg area, Meijer in Gahanna, among many others. I don't have much trouble finding e85 but then again I'm usually always in the same areas...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 03:07 AM   #2343
Kuch335
2007 335i E92
Kuch335's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
564
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 TiAg
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: OH

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Any of you local guys running E85?
Yup, all the time, 50-60% .. Plenty around here and Columbus where I usually top off on the way to parents in NE Ohio ..

Find them all here .. http://1.usa.gov/ZNrXz7

Kroger has the best , always guaranteed 70% .. speedway by kings island is only guaranteed 50% which sucks because that one is 5min from home.
__________________
2007 335i E92 AT - JB4 G5 ISO + BMS E85 Flash + Rev3 Connect-Kit, xHP Stage 3 Flash, MR5 Intake, VRSF DPs, VRSF 7in FMIC, ER CP, Fuel-It Stage 1, RB PCV, UUC Corsa Exhaust, Sachs SRE Coilovers, M3 Control Arms, H&R Sway, BA Diff Lock, MDF Scoops, Tint, LED Int, LUX V3, CF Hood, Mini Battery
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #2344
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuch335 View Post
Yup, all the time, 50-60% .. Plenty around here and Columbus where I usually top off on the way to parents in NE Ohio ..

Find them all here .. http://1.usa.gov/ZNrXz7

Kroger has the best , always guaranteed 70% .. speedway by kings island is only guaranteed 50% which sucks because that one is 5min from home.
Yea, all the speedways are gauranteed to 50%. Meijer is 70%. Meijer is typically 20-40 cents more per gallon though, but you pay for the extra safety IMO.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #2345
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

So do you guys think its worth doing an e85 tune? I already have RB Turbos with a custom Cobb tune, but I'm still power hungry. With upgraded LPFP, install, new tune, and dyno pulls, it'll be costing me around $1200 or so (estimating). Trying to figure out if its worth my time doing.
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:01 AM   #2346
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
So do you guys think its worth doing an e85 tune? I already have RB Turbos with a custom Cobb tune, but I'm still power hungry. With upgraded LPFP, install, new tune, and dyno pulls, it'll be costing me around $1200 or so (estimating). Trying to figure out if its worth my time doing.
With just FBO, I noticed a huge dif. My buddy and I got dyno'd the same day, back to back.

His car:
08 e93
Auto
BMS DP's
Big tom style intercooler
Stock exhaust
JB4
BMS DCI
AA charge pipe/bov
50-60% E85 with the backend flash
About 450 whp, 500 tq

My car:
11 e92 335is
DCT
AA DP's
BMS DCI
Stett CP & Tial bov
Stock exhaust still but different from my friends (IS exhaust)
Cobb OTS map
Pump gas
410 whp, 470 tq

So for having a little more restrictive exhaust, he still made a decent amount of power more. And I'm not sure if the Auto or DCT loses more power from parasitic loss. Should be about the same or I would guess the DCT loses less compared to the auto. One thing though, for the life of me, I cannot remember if I was doing 30% e85 on that tune or not.

I'd say e85 is worth if if it is near you.

Fuel-it.biz for your fuel pump setup. Not sure what you currently have planned. The stage 2 kit should be good for 650 whp from what I can see as far as specs go. Or you could go stage 3 and not have to worry for a while. Your LPFP will outflow the HPFP though, so you will have to look at eventually replacing that at some point.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #2347
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

I'm currently debating on doing RB's or a single kit. I feel like I will not be happy with the RB's because they max out at 550ish
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 12:47 PM   #2348
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Fuel-it is what TurnIn also recommended. Didnt think a LPFP would cost that much, but guess so. So I could gain 50-60whp essentially with an e85 tune. Maybe I'll do it down the road, we'll see.

As for RB's vs single, I went with RB's because they have been proven time and time again. They seem to be pretty reliable and lag is little to none. Car drives completely stock until you mash on the gas.
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #2349
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Fuel-it is what TurnIn also recommended. Didnt think a LPFP would cost that much, but guess so. So I could gain 50-60whp essentially with an e85 tune. Maybe I'll do it down the road, we'll see.

As for RB's vs single, I went with RB's because they have been proven time and time again. They seem to be pretty reliable and lag is little to none. Car drives completely stock until you mash on the gas.
Yea they are the go to kit for ease of install and they use one of the best, proven pumps that are e85 compatible. Walbro makes good fuel pumps.

I would say its a good estimate to get at least 50 wheel with going 50% e85, a little less if you do 30%. Anymore than 50% and you will have to upgrade the HPFP.

The ONLY thing I'm worried about with the RB kit is I feel like I'm going to want more power eventually haha. Are your numbers with straight pump gas or? And what PSI?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2014, 04:51 PM   #2350
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
Yea they are the go to kit for ease of install and they use one of the best, proven pumps that are e85 compatible. Walbro makes good fuel pumps.

I would say its a good estimate to get at least 50 wheel with going 50% e85, a little less if you do 30%. Anymore than 50% and you will have to upgrade the HPFP.

The ONLY thing I'm worried about with the RB kit is I feel like I'm going to want more power eventually haha. Are your numbers with straight pump gas or? And what PSI?
Well, I didnt think I would want more power after RBs, but when i raced my buddy's modded e92 M3, the race was WAAY closer than I wanted it to be. So thats why I'm thinking about an e85 tune.

My numbers were on straight 93 octane. About 19psi I believe. Still had plenty more power to make, but I wanted reliability over maximum HP. TiC said if I run e85 or meth, I will easily be over 500whp on their dyno (Dyno Dynamics).
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 07:58 AM   #2351
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Well, I didnt think I would want more power after RBs, but when i raced my buddy's modded e92 M3, the race was WAAY closer than I wanted it to be. So thats why I'm thinking about an e85 tune.

My numbers were on straight 93 octane. About 19psi I believe. Still had plenty more power to make, but I wanted reliability over maximum HP. TiC said if I run e85 or meth, I will easily be over 500whp on their dyno (Dyno Dynamics).
Sounds like e85 if the best thing for you to do. Or if it is not readily available, meth is always a good option to keep things cool. The nice thing with meth is you usually do not need as much fuel pump as with e85.

The guy I was going to get the RB setup off of sold it, so I think I may be doing this single turbo kit someone I know is selling.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 09:22 AM   #2352
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
Sounds like e85 if the best thing for you to do. Or if it is not readily available, meth is always a good option to keep things cool. The nice thing with meth is you usually do not need as much fuel pump as with e85.

The guy I was going to get the RB setup off of sold it, so I think I may be doing this single turbo kit someone I know is selling.
I dont know too much about meth, so I'll have to do some more research on that one. E85 just seems like a safer thing to do. Maybe I'll eventually go that route.

Used RBs are hard to come by - they dont last very long when the go onto the market place. Plus, I'm skeptical about buying used turbo parts...at least mine comes with a year warranty straight from RB Turbo.

Either way, good luck! I'm sure you'll put down some nice numbers!
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #2353
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
164
Rep
1,753
Posts

Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Central Ohio

iTrader: (18)

Yea if my transmission can handle it! haha

But yea definitely take a look into meth. e85 is not a bad option, it just takes a LOT of fuel setup.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #2354
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
thompsac25's Avatar
United_States
217
Rep
1,326
Posts

Drives: 2011 e92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cincinnati, OH

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
Yea if my transmission can handle it! haha

But yea definitely take a look into meth. e85 is not a bad option, it just takes a LOT of fuel setup.
Yeah, you'll also want to look into a LSD. That's also on my list of big purchases...if I even keep the car long enough.

Anyone around here running meth? What are your experiences? Where do you even purchase meth?
__________________
INSTAGRAM: thompsac_m3
CURRENT 2013 AW e92 M3 6MT ZCP Akrapovic, Eisenmann Race, BayOptiks, BMW Performance, BPM Sport, RW Carbon, iND, WORK CR2P
SOLD 2011 e92 AW M3 DCT ZCP DINAN, Forgestar, CF, F8X Kidneys, BayOptiks, iND
SOLD 2008 MB e90 335i 6MT Bagged RB Turbo FBO- 475whp/505wtq
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST